Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android HTC One M8 TWRP Restore Error 255
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

HTC One M8 TWRP Restore Error 255

HTC One M8 TWRP Restore Error 255

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
bef349
bef349
bef349
Enthusiastic Member
10-02-2017, 04:55 PM

(06-02-2017, 08:24 AM)hovatek I believe you're trying to get your entire ROM into an iso file then mount it on your PC. I don't think that approach would work.
I believe you're to connect the phone to PC and mount as USB storage then check the software if the phone storage is detected. If it is then you proceed with recovery.
You should also checkout Easeus

so here is what i've done thus far

i've pulled the entire mmcblk0 block from my phone as an .img via adb

I then ran this image through photorec and while it does find some stuff, it does not find what I am looking for

photorec is interesting because as part of the recovery process it groups files into .tar files, but the frustrating thing is I don't see where the data partition would be in these .tar files -- all I see is the system partition

so right now what I am doing is running just the data block (mmcblk0p48) through photorec to see if that gives me different results .. i think the issue may be that when I tried to restore my twrp backup it may have overwritten the data partition with corrupt data, but still it should show me contents of the existing data partition on the phone

what do you think? I also tried Easeus and it doesnt find anything different than photorec
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-02-2017, 08:45 PM
(10-02-2017, 04:55 PM)bef349 so here is what i've done thus far

i've pulled the entire mmcblk0 block from my phone as an .img via adb

I then ran this image through photorec and while it does find some stuff, it does not find what I am looking for

photorec is interesting because as part of the recovery process it groups files into .tar files, but the frustrating thing is I don't see where the data partition would be in these .tar files -- all I see is the system partition

so right now what I am doing is running just the data block (mmcblk0p48) through photorec to see if that gives me different results .. i think the issue may be that when I tried to restore my twrp backup it may have overwritten the data partition with corrupt data, but still it should show me contents of the existing data partition on the phone

what do you think? I also tried Easeus and it doesnt find anything different than photorec

I think making an image of your phone's partition only copies info existing on it and packs, that's why I don't think imaging is the best approach. What you need is a deep recovery.
Did you also run Easus on a .img or you mounted the phone storage on PC and scanned?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pages (2): Previous 1 2