Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Camera Unable to Focus
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Camera Unable to Focus

[Please help] Camera Unable to Focus

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Navneet Kumar
Navneet Kumar
Navneet Kumar
Enthusiastic Member
17-02-2018, 02:32 PM

I have flashed a custom ROM recently on my device.Everything is working nicely except the camera.The camera used to work perfectly before flashing the ROM.Now,the camera is unable to focus.
I think this is not a Hardware issue but a software issue.

How do I repair this bug?

My device name is Swipe Elite Note.

I will be thankful for any help!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-02-2018, 03:49 PM
(17-02-2018, 02:32 PM)Navneet Kumar I have flashed a custom ROM recently on my device.Everything is working nicely except the camera.The camera used to work perfectly before flashing the ROM.Now,the camera is unable to focus.

one way to find out, flash back stock rom and test the camera
Navneet Kumar
Navneet Kumar
Navneet Kumar
Enthusiastic Member
17-02-2018, 04:01 PM
(17-02-2018, 03:49 PM)X3non
(17-02-2018, 02:32 PM)Navneet Kumar I have flashed a custom ROM recently on my device.Everything is working nicely except the camera.The camera used to work perfectly before flashing the ROM.Now,the camera is unable to focus.

But,for that I will have to erase everything again and then install a fresh rom.It seems to be tiring.
I am sure this must be a software issue because the camera stopped focusing at suddenly after falshing a custom ROM.
The error came immediately after flashing custom ROM
How to fix it!?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-02-2018, 06:18 PM
(17-02-2018, 04:01 PM)Navneet Kumar But,for that I will have to erase everything again and then install a fresh rom.It seems to be tiring.
I am sure this must be a software issue because the camera stopped focusing at suddenly after falshing a custom ROM.
How to fix it!?

if you are very sure it isn't hardware related, then contact the developer of the custom rom for bug fix
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
17-02-2018, 11:51 PM

(17-02-2018, 04:01 PM)Navneet Kumar

But,for that I will have to erase everything again and then install a fresh rom.It seems to be tiring.
How to fix it!?

Or try using another Camera App, maybe Google Camera download @ https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329071722
Navneet Kumar
Navneet Kumar
Navneet Kumar
Enthusiastic Member
18-02-2018, 07:32 AM
(17-02-2018, 11:51 PM)innagee
(17-02-2018, 04:01 PM)Navneet Kumar

How to fix it!?

Or try using another Camera App, maybe Google Camera download @ ://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329071722
I have tried using Google Camera. Now,the front camera is working perfectly and is able to focus as well as snap pictures!
But,the back camera is unable to focus ,neither it is able to snap pictures .If I click on the round button in the app to snap photo then nothing happens and the back camera does nothing.The back camera is not focusing.
The front camera is working well.
Do you think this could be a Hardware issue?is there any app to check whether it's a hardware or a software issue?
Thanks!
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
19-02-2018, 01:26 PM
(18-02-2018, 07:32 AM)Navneet Kumar I have tried using Google Camera. Now,the front camera is working perfectly and is able to focus as well as snap pictures!
But,the back camera is unable to focus ,neither it is able to snap pictures .If I click on the round button in the app to snap photo then nothing happens and the back camera does nothing.The back camera is not focusing.
The front camera is working well.
Do you think this could be a Hardware issue?is there any app to check whether it's a hardware or a software issue?
Thanks!

Flash the stock rom and check if the issue persists. it might be a bug in the custom rom

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
davek17
davek17
davek17
Enthusiastic Member
21-02-2018, 04:12 PM
You have to flash the original ROM back because you have to knock out all the potential root causes. try that and come back here.

Also I repair devices, we get a lot of people with blurry camers but the lens is actually scratched. Just something to double check that you haven;t smeared or scratched the camera lens?
Navneet Kumar
Navneet Kumar
Navneet Kumar
Enthusiastic Member
24-02-2018, 06:12 AM
(21-02-2018, 04:12 PM)davek17 You have to flash the original ROM back because you have to knock out all the potential root causes. try that and come back here.

Also I repair devices, we get a lot of people with blurry camers but the lens is actually scratched. Just something to double check that you haven;t smeared or scratched the camera lens?
So,I flashed the Rom again and checked the camera.
The camera works perfectly in the stock ROM.It is able to focus,zoom as well as snap clear picture.
What to do now?
Thanks!
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
24-02-2018, 12:20 PM

(24-02-2018, 06:12 AM)Navneet Kumar So,I flashed the Rom again and checked the camera.
The camera works perfectly in the stock ROM.It is able to focus,zoom as well as snap clear picture.
What to do now?
Thanks!

Its clearly a bug in the custom rom. contact the Dev

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
Pages (2): 1 2 Next