Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to flash firmware using Infinix Flash Tool
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to flash firmware using Infinix Flash Tool

[Tutorial] How to flash firmware using Infinix Flash Tool

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-10-2015, 09:11 PM

This step-by-step guide will explain how to use the Infinix Flash tool. The tool is very handy for flashing stock ROMs / Firmware to an Infinix Android phone. Although the Infinix flash tool has fewer features compared to SP flash tool, it'll still come in handy for unbricking your device.

Requirements

How to use Infinix Flash tool

The steps below will clearly explain how to flash firmware with the Infinix flash tool

1. See the video tutorial below or @ http://youtu.be/wIjc4_gcFSM
  2. Extract the Infinix Flash tool and the stock ROM you wish to flash

[Image: how-to-use-infinix-flash-tool-1.webp]

3. Run Infinix Flash tool as Administrator

[Image: how-to-use-infinix-flash-tool-2.webp]

4. You should now see the tool's Dashboard

[Image: how-to-use-infinix-flash-tool-3.webp]

5. Click Brower (with a folder icon)

[Image: how-to-use-infinix-flash-tool-4.webp]

6. In the window that pops up, navigate to the stock ROM folder, select the scatter file and click Open

[Image: how-to-use-infinix-flash-tool-5.webp]

7. The file path should now appear in front of the Infinix-bin-loading File

[Image: how-to-use-infinix-flash-tool-5b.webp]

8. Click Start

[Image: how-to-use-infinix-flash-tool-6.webp]

9. Start should now be greyed out and Stop green in colour

[Image: how-to-use-infinix-flash-tool-7.webp]

10. Switch off the phone and connect it to the PC via a USB cord (with battery inside); flashing should begin
    * Note: Do not interrupt flashing. If you accidentally do and the phone goes dead then follow the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html

[Image: how-to-use-infinix-flash-tool-8.webp]

11. You should get a green OK prompt once flashing is completed

[Image: how-to-use-infinix-flash-tool-9.webp]

12. Disconnect the phone then boot it. If the phone gets stuck at the logo (and you flashed the correct ROM) then remove the battery and slot it back in. If the battery is inbuilt then do a factory reset in recovery mode.

Important Notice
  • This tool will work on Mediatek devices only. If your Infinix device runs on a different chipset like Spreadtrum or Qualcomm then this isn't the tool for you
  • This tool might not be ideal for Infinix devices with Secure Boot due to a lack of support for loading a DA file. Use Software Download tool for such instead.
  • Infinix flash tool requires a scatter file in order to flash. This isn't to say that the scatter file is all that's needed
  • Do not mistake a scatter file for firmware or stock ROM. A scatter file is just one of the files contained in the firmware
  • Some users have credited the Infinix Flash tool as being able to flash some firmware which gives errors in the SP flash tool so consider using this tool first
  • It's important you only flash firmware for your phone model and Build Number. Doing otherwise could brick the device.
  • The only function which the Infinix flash tool has is the equivalent of Download Only in the SP flash tool. Should you require more features then consider using other tools

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to use Infinix Flash tool. Now, it pretty much works the same way SP Flash tool does only that its a lot simpler. Fewer configuration options, just load your files and flash. That's basically how this one works. Now, before you use Infinix Flash tool, first you need your rom (firmware) you wish to flash (extracted here) and then you need to install your Mediatek USB VCOM drivers. The first thing you'll do will be to install drivers. Without VCOM drivers, the tool will not be able to detect your phone. Once you connect your phone for flashing, the best you could see is just a charging sign on the screen, no flashing will start. You'll have to go to device manager, just click on any item on the list then click on Action, Add legacy hardware, Next, Install the hardware that I manually select from a list, Next, Next, Click on Have Disk, Now you click on Browse.

Now, you navigate to the location of your Mediatek VCOM driver, this is mine here, let me take you back. Mediatek VCOM drivers, Drivers, USB VCOM driver. Now, you select the folder according to your PC's specs. I'm using a Windows 8 so I'm going to select the Windows 7 driver. Now, mine is a 64 bit PC so I'll select 64. If yours is 32 you'll want to select this. Click Open, OK, Next, Next. If you get a prompt telling you that this driver is not signed and do you want to proceed? You'll want to click a Yes for that. The reason why you're getting this code 10 error is because the driver you just installed is not digitally signed so Windows believes it might not exactly work but that really doesn't matter. What you're after is that the following driver was installed Mediatek DA USB VCOM Port.

So VCOM drivers have been installed so you click on Finish. Now, back to flashing. Now, we have our drivers installed so the first thing you'll want to do is to launch your Infinix Flash Tool. You right-click and run as Administrator and wait for the tool to come up. Its pretty much the same as SP Flash tool. You'll see that the settings are a lot simpler. For SP Flash tool, you have a lot of options at the top which allows you to select which files you wish to flash. With this, it doesn't exactly work that way but that doesn't matter. The first thing you'll want to do is to -at this point- switch off your phone and don't yet connect it to PC via the USB cord. You just switch off the phone and leave it the way it is. Now, you click this Browser button then you navigate to the location of the backup (firmware) you wish to flash This is the stock backup I wish to flash or the stock rom. You open, select the scatter file and click Open.

Now, we have the file loaded here. The next thing you'll want to do is click Start. You'll see that Start is grayed and Stop is green in color so that means we're good to go. Now, connect the switched off phone to the PC via the USB cord and then flashing should begin. I'll do that just now. OK, so flashing has begun. Its very important you do not interrupt this process. Leave it to complete before you disconnect the phone and then boot it up. Do not interrupt this process. Alright! flashing has begun so I just wait till 100% before I disconnect. Alright! Flashing was successful and I have this green OK prompt.

Now, if the phone is stuck at boot logo after flashing, just just take out the battery (if removable) but if inbuilt, just boot into recovery mode and do a factory reset and you should be taken to the setup wizard.
This post was last modified: 25-11-2023, 01:57 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
venus4cupid
venus4cupid
venus4cupid
14-11-2015, 03:25 PM
thanks so much....
your tutorial got my infinix hot 2 back to normal with updated features
i love this site so much.
please keep it up
mez
mez
mez
12-01-2016, 06:07 AM
Hi team! I've followed your guide on how to use the infinix flash tool but was not successful. I'm trying to flash the recovery on my x510 but the flash tool does not recognize the phone even after installing the required drivers. I've activated the USB debug option on my device but it still does not work. Please help.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-01-2016, 03:02 PM
(12-01-2016, 06:07 AM)mez Hi team! I've followed your guide on how to use the infinix flash tool but was not successful. I'm trying to flash the recovery on my x510 but the flash tool does not recognize the phone even after installing the required drivers. I've activated the USB debug option on my device but it still does not work. Please help.

Did you see the video? If not, do so.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mez
mez
mez
14-01-2016, 07:02 PM

[quote pid='65426' dateline='1452607345']

Did you see the video? If not, do so.
[/quote]

I did see the video and ihave successfully flashed the recovery but I still cannot boot to recovery using the combination of buttons suggested.
Any suggestions?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-01-2016, 11:12 AM
(14-01-2016, 07:02 PM)mez I did see the video and ihave successfully flashed the recovery but I still cannot boot to recovery using the combination of buttons suggested.
Any suggestions?

See https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-boot...ot-2-x510/

Note!
johpWesh
johpWesh
johpWesh
Enthusiastic Member
15-01-2016, 08:42 PM
Good evening Admin,,,please i want to know if i can make use of the Infinix Flash Tool on other MTK devices such as: Tecno, Lenovo, Injoo etc. thanks in advance...
johpWesh
johpWesh
johpWesh
Enthusiastic Member
15-01-2016, 08:55 PM
Please Sir,,, i also want to find out if it can be used for firmware upgrade like the SP Flash Tool,,,if "yes" does it mean it can be applied to other MTK devices as listed above...? i anticipate your response...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-01-2016, 08:18 PM
(15-01-2016, 08:42 PM)johpWesh Good evening Admin,,,please i want to know if i can make use of the Infinix Flash Tool on other MTK devices such as: Tecno, Lenovo, Injoo etc. thanks in advance...

(15-01-2016, 08:55 PM)johpWesh Please Sir,,, i also want to find out if it can be used for firmware upgrade like the SP Flash Tool,,,if "yes" does it mean it can be applied to other MTK devices as listed above...? i anticipate your response...

Yes, it can be used for other MTK phones

Note!
johpWesh
johpWesh
johpWesh
Enthusiastic Member
20-01-2016, 06:39 PM

Ok,,thanxz
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next