Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows Erratic charging on my pavilion g6
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Erratic charging on my pavilion g6

Erratic charging on my pavilion g6

dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
24-11-2014, 03:51 PM

Hello hovatek...i noticed this rare problem on my pavilion g6 some months ago. zometimes while my laptop is on and plugged in, it might juzt stop charging, the when i remove the charger and plug back...it will quickly respond and then stop charging again...whn i zwitch it off,and i remove the battery and put it again,it charges but if i switch it on and windows comes on, it stops charging again. i dont think my charging port is d problem bcos i can remove d battery and run on AC power alone!
i alzo dont think its my battery cos i have two batteries and this event happens with both the stock and the replacement battery.i also dont think it is windows cos i have formatted it and installed again to rule that out.....
Please have u any insight on dis matter.... i am thinking it may be an onboard problem....please respond soon....i have spent 8000 already on dis.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-11-2014, 04:05 PM
(24-11-2014, 03:51 PM)dapo4friends Hello hovatek...i noticed this rare problem on my pavilion g6 some months ago. zometimes while my laptop is on and plugged in, it might juzt stop charging, the when i remove the charger and plug back...it will quickly respond and then stop charging again...whn i zwitch it off,and i remove the battery and put it again,it charges but if i switch it on and windows comes on, it stops charging again. i dont think my charging port is d problem bcos i can remove d battery and run on AC power alone!
i alzo dont think its my battery cos i have two batteries and this event happens with both the stock and the replacement battery.i also dont think it is windows cos i have formatted it and installed again to rule that out.....
Please have u any insight on dis matter.... i am thinking it may be an onboard problem....please respond soon....i have spent 8000 already on dis.

does this also happen in safe mode?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
dapo4friends
24-11-2014, 05:02 PM
yes it happens in safe mode
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-11-2014, 06:55 PM
(24-11-2014, 05:02 PM)dapo4friends yes it happens in safe mode

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-11-2014, 06:58 PM

Note!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-11-2014, 07:01 PM

Note!