Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to fix MTK or SPD bricked after interrupting flash or backup
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to fix MTK or SPD bricked after interrupting flash or backup

[Tutorial] How to fix MTK or SPD bricked after interrupting flash or backup

Pages (25): Previous 121 22 23 24 25 Next
Sandeepth
Sandeepth
Sandeepth
Enthusiastic Member
04-03-2021, 02:41 PM

(06-11-2014, 02:48 PM)hovatek This guide will come in handy for Mediatek (MTK) and Spreadtrum (SPD) Android device users who suddenly end up with a totally dead device that won't power up or respond to buttons (but makes a sound when connected to a PC) as a result of intentionally or unintentionally interrupting the flash or backup process. Interruption could be triggered by shaking / unplugging the USB cord or even an error popup / prompt in the tool you're using. On rare occasions, its triggered just after a successful backup / flash using a Mediatek flash / backup tool

Tips to speed up reviving your phone

1. Take out and re-insert the battery then try powering on (this is the quickest approach)
  2. Disconnect / take out the battery > Connect the phone to a charger without battery inside > Slot in the battery while the phone is still connected to the charger  > Press the power button
  3. You could keep pressing the Volume up + Power button while charging
  4. If your device has an inbuilt battery then hold down the power button, connect the device to a power source (charger) and wait till the phone comes up
  5. You could remove and boost the battery using a desktop / external charger then resume internal charging.
  6. Uninstall then re-install MTK preloader vcom drivers or SCI drivers for SPD

I thought this might help people who are stuck with hanged/bricked device due to interrupted flashing and dont want to wait too long for battery discharge.
Recently I was trying to backup firmware on my infinix X690 mtk device which got interrupted.. later device was not detected in the PC . shows unknown device . nothing works and only solution was to disconnect the battery by opening the device or wait for the battery to discharge completely . it might take weeks before it drains completely as its consuming very less power in this state . also who wants to open their new handsets .. right ?
I waited for a week . charging continuously to check if its restarted but it never happened . I also read in this forum that one guy waited 21 days but battery didn't drain . we have 6000mah battery phones these days . I got impatient .. how can I drain the battery quickly when its bricked ?

all We have is usb port to access the damn battery .. why not check if there is a power in any four points of the micro-usb port of the device ?
Bingo! in this bricked state its data pin which is third pin in the micro-usb port was oosing power .
now get a spare micro-usb cable .. they are pretty cheap these days . cut it in the middle . we only need green wire which has power and black which is ground .
attach two small leds to it . I could attach only two . as we have a limited current and more load will cause break the circuit .
This is our power drain circuit . connect micro-usb to the device . if leds are glowing you are done . this might still take take one or two or three days depending on the battery power state. but now you know that its draining faster. you don't even need to touch the device as long as leds are glowing . after some time you will see leds are fading and soon they will switch off . battery drained successfully !
connect the charger . it will start charging from 0% .
we are done .
this method is safe and doesn't require any special tools or things . for leds we can use leds from led bulbs as well if not available .
at least you have the idea now .
Cheers !!
WHEN BACKING PRELOADER SELECT REGION EMMC_USER AND NOT EBOOT IN SPFLASH TOOL .. IT WILL CAUSE BRICK IN LATEST MTK SECUREBOOT DEVICES .
LATEST WWR MTK TOOL CAN EXTRACT PRELOAER.BIN FROM EMMC_USER REGION PRELOADER DUMP SAFELY .
This post was last modified: 04-03-2021, 02:41 PM by Sandeepth.
Mayor Kay
Mayor Kay
Mayor Kay
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2021, 08:31 AM
[quote="Sandeepth" pid='210017' dateline='1614865272']
[quote="hovatek" pid='6219' dateline='1415281736']
This guide will come in handy for Mediatek (MTK) and Spreadtrum (SPD) Android suddenly end up with a totally dead device that won't to buttons (but makes a sound when connected to a PC) as a result of intentionally or unintentionally interrupting the flash or backup process. Interruption could be triggered by shaking / unplugging the USB cord or even an error popup / prompt in the tool its triggered just after a successful backup / flash using a Mediatek flash / backup tool

Tips to speed up reviving your phone

1. the battery then try powering on (this is the quickest approach)
  2. Disconnect / take out the battery > Connect the phone to a charger without battery inside > Slot in the battery while the phone
    After your phone got bricked did it charge or it was blank. What of a phone that wrote error while using format all+ download. And its not working its blank can i fix it?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-03-2021, 11:04 AM
(06-03-2021, 08:31 AM)Mayor Kay After your phone got bricked did it charge or it was blank. What of a phone that wrote error while using format all+ download. And its not working its blank can i fix it?

create a new thread for your device issue by clicking "ask question" at the top
in the new thread, state what point you got the error, before format started or after format completed but then download failed
Mike0106
Mike0106
Mike0106
Enthusiastic Member
18-03-2021, 07:26 PM
I messed up my Teclast P80X_G5K6 boot.img by installing the original firmware and having forgot the the boot.img I was using was one I had made with Magisk and the original boot.img .The restoration stop got stuck at the boot.img .I disconnected the tablet .I can not gain accesse in any way .It seems that ,even though the battery is still charged (I opened the case with a guitar pick ) according to my digital meter there is no way I can install the firmware .I assumed that destroying the boot image ,I realley bricked it for real ?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-03-2021, 10:52 AM

(18-03-2021, 07:26 PM)Mike0106 I messed up my Teclast P80X_G5K6 boot.img by installing the original firmware and having forgot the the boot.img I was using was one I had made with Magisk and the original boot.img .The restoration stop got stuck at the boot.img .I disconnected the tablet .I can not gain accesse in any way .It seems that ,even though the battery is still charged (I opened the case with a guitar pick ) according to my digital meter there is no way I can install the firmware .I assumed that destroying the boot image ,I realley bricked it for real ?

disconnect / reconnect the battery then you can reflash
ajsharmap1
ajsharmap1
ajsharmap1
Enthusiastic Member
01-09-2021, 02:21 PM
hlo there , i have lenovo k8 note with same issue ,will this fix work on my device ?
i have already been charging it since a day and also disconnected /reconnected battery of my phone ,,
pls help me .
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-09-2021, 10:43 AM
(01-09-2021, 02:21 PM)ajsharmap1 hlo there , i have lenovo k8 note with same issue ,will this fix work on my device ?
i have already been charging it since a day and also disconnected /reconnected battery of my phone ,,
pls help me .

depends on how the device got dead in the first place
create a new thread for this by clicking "ask question" at the top
in the new thread, explain in details how the device got dead
ajsharmap1
ajsharmap1
ajsharmap1
Enthusiastic Member
04-09-2021, 05:27 PM
(02-09-2021, 10:43 AM)X3non depends on how the device got dead in the first place
create a new thread for this by clicking "ask question" at the top
in the new thread, explain in details how the device got dead
created a new thread , kindly look into it
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-400...#pid218311
femzy
femzy
femzy
11-10-2021, 06:17 PM
i flashed an infinix note 4 and during the process an error occur and i mistakenly unplug the usb cord from my pphone and after a while i tried to power it on but its not coming up. please what can i do? but whenever i plug it to my laptop it does make the sound that a phone is been plugged in. please what can i do?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-10-2021, 11:34 AM

(11-10-2021, 06:17 PM)femzy i flashed an infinix note 4 and during the process an error occur and i mistakenly unplug the usb cord from my pphone and after a while i tried to power it on but its not coming up. please what can i do? but whenever i plug it to my laptop it does make the sound that a phone is been plugged in. please what can i do?

disassemble the device, disconnect / reconnect the battery of the device then reflash your device
OR you wait till the battery drains then charge a bit and reflash
This post was last modified: 12-10-2021, 12:00 PM by X3non.
Pages (25): Previous 121 22 23 24 25 Next