Hovatek Forum MOBILE iOS [Tutorial] How to unlock an iPhone after forgetting the passcode
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to unlock an iPhone after forgetting the passcode

[Tutorial] How to unlock an iPhone after forgetting the passcode

Keslar
Keslar
Keslar
10-07-2015, 09:49 AM

About iPhone Passcodes

The exact behavior of the iPhone depends on its configuration when one forgets the passcode. By default, there is not a passcode at all. However, Apple notes the following regarding forgotten passcodes:

# If you repeatedly enter the wrong passcode, your iPhone will be disabled for longer intervals before you can try again. After too many unsuccessful attempts, you won't be able to try again until you connect it to the computer with which you last synced it [if it has been synced to a computer].
Note: You can configure your device to erase itself after ten consecutive incorrect password attempts. This setting is off by default. It can be turned on by tapping Settings > General > Passcode Lock.
# If you cannot remember the passcode, you will need to restore your device using the computer with which you last synced it [or iCloud]. This allows you to reset your passcode and resync the data from the device (or restore from a backup). If you restore on a different computer that was never synced with the device, you will be able to unlock the device for use and remove the passcode, but your data will not be present.
Please also note that Apple representatives can't unlock an iPhone for you without restoring the iPhone, either. The restore process will erase everything on it.

How to Unlock iPhone Passcodes

If you have forgotten the passcode on your iPhone, you will have to restore the device.

To restore your iPhone -- which, again, deletes all of your data (songs, photos, videos, apps, and so on) on the iPhone use the following directions. Be absolutely sure that you have backed up the content on your iPhone before restoring it.

iPhone Previously Synchronized with a Mac or PC

If you have previously synchronized your iPhone with iTunes on a Mac or Windows computer, you typically still can backup recent additions to your iPhone by connecting it to the same computer you have used before without having to enter the passcode.

After the backup, you just need to "restore" your iPhone and have the backup copied onto the iPhone with iTunes.

Apple's official instructions to restore an iPhone with iTunes are:

1. Connect your iPhone to your computer [that you have previously used to sync the device].
2. In iTunes, select the iPhone in the "Devices" list, then "Summary" at the top of the screen.
3. If iTunes doesn't automatically synchronize your iPhone, do so manually [and confirm that the sync and backup were successful.]
4. Click “Check for Update.” iTunes tells you if there is a newer version of the iPhone software available.
5. Click Restore. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the restore process. When restoring, it is recommended that you [again] backup the iPhone when prompted.
6. When iOS Setup Assistant asks to set up your iPhone, choose "Restore from iTunes backup."
7. Select your device in iTunes and choose the most recent backup of your iPhone.
8. After this process, your iPhone should be restored with the information from its last backup, but it no longer will have the passcode enabled.

iPhone Previously Backed Up with iCloud

Apple explains that "if you have Find My iPhone enabled, you can use Remote Wipe to erase the contents of your device." Likewise, "if you have been using iCloud to backup, you may be able to restore the most recent backup to reset the passcode after the device has been erased."

Apple separately explains the simple iCloud process to erase an iPhone. This is mostly intended for an iPhone that has been lost or stolen, but the portion relevant for a forgotten password is:

1. Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID (the one you use with iCloud [rather than your iPhone passcode that you do not remember]), then click "Find My iPhone."
2. Click "All Devices," then select the iPhone you want to erase.
3. In the Info window, click "Erase iPhone."
4. Enter your Apple ID password [for confirmation]. If the device you're erasing has iOS 7 or later, enter a phone number and message. [This is intended to be displayed to anyone who may have found your iPhone if it is lost or stolen. To just erase the iPhone, it is not necessary.]
[Now] you can restore the information on the device using iCloud Backup (if backup was turned on before you erased it).
5. Just like the iTunes restore process, your iPhone should be restored this way via iCloud with the information from its last backup, but your iPhone no longer will have the passcode enabled. Definitely think carefully before setting another passcode.

How to reset a forgotten iPad, iPhone or iPod passcode: Never synced with iTunes

If you see one of following alerts, you need to erase your device.
"iTunes could not connect to the [device] because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the [device] before it can be used with iTunes." Or "You haven't chosen to have [device] trust this computer"
If you have enable Find My iPhone (or iPad), use the Remote Wipe feature to erase the contents of your device. Then where possible, use iCloud to restore the most recent backup and reset the passcode.
Note: To use Find My iPhone, you'll need to have set up a restrictions passcode.
If this doesn't work or you don't have access to Find My iPhone or iCloud then follow these

1. Place your device in recovery mode [Find out how to do this]
2. Click 'OK' on the message from iTunes stating the device is in recovery mode.
3. Now restore your device from iTunes.

Sent from my itel it1452 using Hovatek mobile
joas1
joas1
joas1
16-07-2015, 08:29 AM
Pls, i have an iphone 5 that was sent to me from south africa, but it requires one to unlock d iclould acct. pls, how can i remove d icloud acct, thanks
Keslar
Keslar
Keslar
16-07-2015, 11:55 AM
(16-07-2015, 08:29 AM)joas1 Pls, i have an iphone 5 that was sent to me from south africa, but it requires one to unlock d iclould acct. pls, how can i remove d icloud acct, thanks

what OS version is it running on?

joas1
joas1
joas1
16-07-2015, 04:20 PM
it is on OS 7
Keslar
Keslar
Keslar
16-07-2015, 07:25 PM

(16-07-2015, 04:20 PM)joas1 it is on OS 7

i think DNS will work. create a new thread for your icloud unlock request

DaisyKey
DaisyKey
DaisyKey
Enthusiastic Member
09-08-2022, 08:21 AM
Apple actually provides support for erasing iPhone to unlock the device if we forgot the passcode and it's disabled. Aside from that, using iTunes to Restore iPhone is workable. Or sometimes if you need, a prefessional iOS unlocker, like Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker, Drfone, and more, can be tried as well.
ChloeBrooke
ChloeBrooke
ChloeBrooke
18-09-2023, 08:08 AM
You can try Recovery Mode because you can't remember iPhone passcode. In this way, all data on your iPhone will be wiped.
1. To enter Recovery Mode on your iPhone and delete all of its data, follow these steps:
2. Offset your iPhone.
3. A PC and iPhone should be connected.
4. By simultaneously holding down the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons, you can do a hard reset on your phone.
5. Select "Restore" from the iTunes screen on your PC. This will completely erase all of your phone's data.
ChloeBrooke
ChloeBrooke
ChloeBrooke
18-09-2023, 08:17 AM
You can try Recovery Mode if you can't remember iPhone passcode. But in this way, all data on your phone will be wiped.
To enter Recovery Mode on your iPhone and delete all of its data, follow these steps: 
step 1. Offset your iPhone.
step 2. A PC and iPhone should be connected.
step 3. By simultaneously holding down the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons, you can do a hard reset on your phone.
step 4. Select "Restore" from the iTunes screen on your PC. This will completely erase all of your phone's data.