Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] Trying to build and boot a kernel for an Unisoc devices built by Samsung.
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Development] Trying to build and boot a kernel for an Unisoc devices built by Samsung.

[Development] Trying to build and boot a kernel for an Unisoc devices built by Samsung.

27-06-2024, 04:43 PM

Hi, I am trying to build a custom kernel for the Samsung Galaxy A03 (model: SM-A035F), with has the Unisoc T606 chipset, currently running Android 13. However I can not get the kernel to boot by unpack and repack boot.img or using Anykernel3 zip. I have read some tutorials on this site for Unisoc devices, but I think because this phone was built by Samsung so it is much different. 
What the phone can do:
-Unlock bootloader the Samsung way, it mean it doesn't require any token as the tuts for Unisoc on Hovatek  
-Flash Magisk by patching boot.img and flash using Odin
-Flash Gsi with STOCK vbmeta, most Gsi work.
-Flash a blank vbmeta, but only the vbmeta I attached 
.img
blank_vbmeta.img
Size: 256 bytes / Downloads: 0

-Flash Twrp, but I think nothing is working, at least it boot okay.
What it can not do:
-Boot a custom kernel, a repacked boot.img exactly.
-It doesn't have fastboot by default but we can enable it using this for gsi and other stuff flashing.
I kinda feel hopeless in this, I already asked this on Stack Overflow and even Samsung Dev Forum but got no answers. I hope someone could lead me the way for this, thank you very much.
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
28-06-2024, 06:45 AM
What exactly do u want
28-06-2024, 04:02 PM
(28-06-2024, 06:45 AM)kelvinchinedu What exactly do u want
I want to know how to make the phone boot the new kernel properly.