Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Missing Baseband and IMEI after Stock Firmware flash - Revvl 6 5G - Mediatek
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Missing Baseband and IMEI after Stock Firmware flash - Revvl 6 5G - Mediatek

Missing Baseband and IMEI after Stock Firmware flash - Revvl 6 5G - Mediatek

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
NinjaAdmin
NinjaAdmin
NinjaAdmin
23-10-2023, 04:25 PM

I decided to Root my Revvl 6 5G - T-Mobile/MetroPCS. However, in the process of flashing the corrupted MTP transferred MagiskPatchedBoot.img, I bricked the device. This was my first time rooting a Mediatek device, and as such I did not read the warning to "not flash the nvram.img and nvdata.img." Of course, I found this information after flashing the Stock Firmware w/ the nvram and nvdata, wiping my IMEI and Baseband. Now the device, though fully Rooted, will no longer register a Sim Card. My question is, how do I first repair the Baseband when a Stock Firmware flash is the cause of the wipe? It was the Stock Firmware flash that erased my IMEI and Baseband, as such another Stock Firmware flash will not fix the issue of at least repairing the Baseband first (I'm about to flash it again just to make sure). Also, will a software update repair the issue? I'm going to test it, as I have an Android 12 to Android 13 update hanging in limbo. But I do not believe it will. I should note that I do not use SPFlash Tools because I can never seem to find the .xml or authentication file for any firmware I download. So, I just use MTKClient, as it makes more sense to me.
AutoResponder
AutoResponder
AutoResponder
Verified Account
23-10-2023, 04:25 PM
Thank you for reaching out for support. Due to high demand, our free support services may experience some delays in response time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Alternatively, we offer private support where you can receive dedicated attention and prompt support. These sessions are designed to provide personalized solutions to your specific needs.
If you are interested in scheduling a private session, please visit https://www.hovatek.com/remote
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Intern
25-10-2023, 11:21 AM
(23-10-2023, 04:25 PM)NinjaAdmin I decided to Root my Revvl 6 5G - T-Mobile/MetroPCS. However, in the process of flashing the corrupted MTP transferred MagiskPatchedBoot.img, I bricked the device. This was my first time rooting a Mediatek device, and as such I did not read the warning to "not flash the nvram.img and nvdata.img." Of course, I found this information after flashing the Stock Firmware w/ the nvram and nvdata, wiping my IMEI and Baseband. Now the device, though fully Rooted, will no longer register a Sim Card. My question is, how do I first repair the Baseband when a Stock Firmware flash is the cause of the wipe? It was the Stock Firmware flash that erased my IMEI and Baseband, as such another Stock Firmware flash will not fix the issue of at least repairing the Baseband first (I'm about to flash it again just to make sure). Also, will a software update repair the issue? I'm going to test it, as I have an Android 12 to Android 13 update hanging in limbo. But I do not believe it will. I should note that I do not use SPFlash Tools because I can never seem to find the .xml or authentication file for any firmware I download. So, I just use MTKClient, as it makes more sense to me.

1. Where did you get the nvram and nvdata that you flashed? Were they backed up from the phone or what?
2. Where did you get this firmware that you flashed? is it a factory / official firmware or someone's backup / dump?
3. Flashing a compatible firmware should restore baseband at least

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
NinjaAdmin
NinjaAdmin
NinjaAdmin
26-11-2023, 08:05 PM
(25-10-2023, 11:21 AM)maxpayne
(23-10-2023, 04:25 PM)NinjaAdmin I decided to Root my Revvl 6 5G - T-Mobile/MetroPCS. However, in the process of flashing the corrupted MTP transferred MagiskPatchedBoot.img, I bricked the device. This was my first time rooting a Mediatek device, and as such I did not read the warning to "not flash the nvram.img and nvdata.img." Of course, I found this information after flashing the Stock Firmware w/ the nvram and nvdata, wiping my IMEI and Baseband. Now the device, though fully Rooted, will no longer register a Sim Card. My question is, how do I first repair the Baseband when a Stock Firmware flash is the cause of the wipe? It was the Stock Firmware flash that erased my IMEI and Baseband, as such another Stock Firmware flash will not fix the issue of at least repairing the Baseband first (I'm about to flash it again just to make sure). Also, will a software update repair the issue? I'm going to test it, as I have an Android 12 to Android 13 update hanging in limbo. But I do not believe it will. I should note that I do not use SPFlash Tools because I can never seem to find the .xml or authentication file for any firmware I download. So, I just use MTKClient, as it makes more sense to me.

1. Where did you get the nvram and nvdata that you flashed? Were they backed up from the phone or what?
2. Where did you get this firmware that you flashed? is it a factory / official firmware or someone's backup / dump?
3. Flashing a compatible firmware should restore baseband at least

I used the flash file from Hardreset.com. But I have read, from multiple sources, that this is common among mediatek devices. If it's common why isn't there a fix?
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Intern
27-11-2023, 11:15 AM

(26-11-2023, 08:05 PM)NinjaAdmin I used the flash file from Hardreset.com. But I have read, from multiple sources, that this is common among mediatek devices. If it's common why isn't there a fix?

Its not common, you made the mistake of tampering with your NV partitions which you normally shouldn't.
Was the firmware you flashed an actual factory / official firmware or its a backup / dump from another phone?
Fixing IMEI shouldn't be so difficult so far you first fix baseband by flashing a compatible (for your region or carrier) factory firmware

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
NinjaAdmin
NinjaAdmin
NinjaAdmin
07-12-2023, 09:44 PM
I've flashed it with multiple flash files since losing the baseband and imei. Originally, I can't remember, but since then I have used both stock and backups. This was the phone I learned on, so I got the bonus of figuring out not to flash the nvram and nvdata the hard way. I literally read that warning shortly after it happened. There was another thread about this issue on Hovatek, but the administration told me to start a new thread. I suppose due to its age. I'm sure there's a way to fix it. Maybe I haven't used the proper flash file. The only firmware available were from GetDroidTips, Hardreset, FirmwareFile, and GSM Forums. However, today I see that there's a new flash file on XDA and a scatter file on Halab Tech Support. TMobile and MetroPCS don't supply firmware as far as I know.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Intern
04-01-2024, 02:16 PM
(07-12-2023, 09:44 PM)NinjaAdmin I've flashed it with multiple flash files since losing the baseband and imei. Originally, I can't remember, but since then I have used both stock and backups. This was the phone I learned on, so I got the bonus of figuring out not to flash the nvram and nvdata the hard way. I literally read that warning shortly after it happened. There was another thread about this issue on Hovatek, but the administration told me to start a new thread. I suppose due to its age. I'm sure there's a way to fix it. Maybe I haven't used the proper flash file. The only firmware available were from GetDroidTips, Hardreset, FirmwareFile, and GSM Forums. However, today I see that there's a new flash file on XDA and a scatter file on Halab Tech Support. TMobile and MetroPCS don't supply firmware as far as I know.

Can you get an NV backup from someone with the same model?

Note!
NinjaAdmin
NinjaAdmin
NinjaAdmin
29-01-2024, 03:25 AM
(04-01-2024, 02:16 PM)maxpayne
(07-12-2023, 09:44 PM)NinjaAdmin I've flashed it with multiple flash files since losing the baseband and imei. Originally, I can't remember, but since then I have used both stock and backups. This was the phone I learned on, so I got the bonus of figuring out not to flash the nvram and nvdata the hard way. I literally read that warning shortly after it happened. There was another thread about this issue on Hovatek, but the administration told me to start a new thread. I suppose due to its age. I'm sure there's a way to fix it. Maybe I haven't used the proper flash file. The only firmware available were from GetDroidTips, Hardreset, FirmwareFile, and GSM Forums. However, today I see that there's a new flash file on XDA and a scatter file on Halab Tech Support. TMobile and MetroPCS don't supply firmware as far as I know.

If I can find someone with the same model that made a backup of the firmware, or can make one. I guess I can make a new thread.

I have tried several different IMEI repair programs to no avail. This has been an ongoing issue for awhile with this device. I will fix it though, I always do. It is funny, I have since flashed PixelExperience Plus onto the Revvl 6 5G, now making it completely custom, and I am in the process of learning to compile TWRP for it based off the boot.img due to no recovery.img, but I still haven't figured out how to fix the missing baseband and IMEI. Right now, the device is basically my personal main tablet.

Heh, I will figure it out though.
This post was last modified: 29-01-2024, 03:30 AM by NinjaAdmin.
NinjaAdmin
NinjaAdmin
NinjaAdmin
08-02-2024, 12:25 AM

Man flashing an nvram.img and nvdata.img from a non stock firmware is I am pretty sure what got me into this mess. Not to mention flashing the images from someone elses dump files, if it did work, it is doubtful it would be my IMEI and baseband. Lol, cmon.
NinjaAdmin
NinjaAdmin
NinjaAdmin
08-02-2024, 02:22 AM

I'm just kidding, I'd prefer to not have to make a new thread on this issue but I am getting not a lot of responses.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next