Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Boot.img File and MTKClient Problem
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Boot.img File and MTKClient Problem

Boot.img File and MTKClient Problem

Arsworth
Arsworth
Arsworth
25-08-2023, 05:24 PM

So on my last thread a while back, I asked for a boot.img file for my phone (Infinix Hot 20 X6826B V925) since I cant find any. And then, someone responded with this link: Infinix_Hot_20_X6826B_MT6768_V925_230209. Problem is that my phone has a MT6769 Processor instead of MT6768.
I was wondering if using this might cause my device to brick. The reason why I needed a boot.img file is to use it to root my phone via Magisk.
I've also tried to extract my own firmware via MTKClient but I cant seem to enter BROM Mode and it cant detect my device or would just say DeviceClass - [LIB]: Couldnt get device configuration and Preloader - [LIB]: Status: Handshake failed, retrying...
I also tried to enter BROM Mode using the following: Power Button+Vol Up, Power Button+Vol Down, Vol Up+Vol Down, and All Buttons at the same time, but none of them seems to work. The only thing I saw was the Logo, XOS No Command, and Recovery.
If possible I'd like for someone to either reply to this thread with the right boot.img file or tell me how to enter BROM Mode on my phone.
AutoResponder
AutoResponder
AutoResponder
Verified Account
25-08-2023, 05:24 PM
Thank you for reaching out for support. Due to high demand, our free support services may experience some delays in response time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Alternatively, we offer private support where you can receive dedicated attention and prompt support. These sessions are designed to provide personalized solutions to your specific needs.
If you are interested in scheduling a private session, please visit https://www.hovatek.com/remote
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Intern
31-08-2023, 03:47 PM
(25-08-2023, 05:24 PM)Arsworth So on my last thread a while back, I asked for a boot.img file for my phone (Infinix Hot 20 X6826B V925) since I cant find any. And then, someone responded with this link: Infinix_Hot_20_X6826B_MT6768_V925_230209. Problem is that my phone has a MT6769 Processor instead of MT6768.
I was wondering if using this might cause my device to brick. The reason why I needed a boot.img file is to use it to root my phone via Magisk.
I've also tried to extract my own firmware via MTKClient but I cant seem to enter BROM Mode and it cant detect my device or would just say DeviceClass - [LIB]: Couldnt get device configuration and Preloader - [LIB]: Status: Handshake failed, retrying...
I also tried to enter BROM Mode using the following: Power Button+Vol Up, Power Button+Vol Down, Vol Up+Vol Down, and All Buttons at the same time, but none of them seems to work. The only thing I saw was the Logo, XOS No Command, and Recovery.
If possible I'd like for someone to either reply to this thread with the right boot.img file or tell me how to enter BROM Mode on my phone.

So far the firmware is the same build number, don't worry about the chipset difference, both are the same.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Arsworth
Arsworth
Arsworth
01-09-2023, 07:12 AM
(31-08-2023, 03:47 PM)maxpayne
(25-08-2023, 05:24 PM)Arsworth So on my last thread a while back, I asked for a boot.img file for my phone (Infinix Hot 20 X6826B V925) since I cant find any. And then, someone responded with this link: Infinix_Hot_20_X6826B_MT6768_V925_230209. Problem is that my phone has a MT6769 Processor instead of MT6768.

So far the firmware is the same build number, don't worry about the chipset difference, both are the same.

I believe that but, can I get an explanation?
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
01-09-2023, 08:16 AM

Some type c phone are hard to enter Brom mode

Make sure u reboot the PC after installing lib or usbdk

Use mtk bypass with libusb and usbdk to enter Brom mode
U can as well use mtk client on Ubuntu
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Contributor
02-09-2023, 11:39 AM
(01-09-2023, 07:12 AM)Arsworth
(31-08-2023, 03:47 PM)maxpayne

I believe that but, can I get an explanation?

Just a mistake in the description, boot.img is for Infinix Hot 20 X6826B / MT6769