Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android CUBOT P50
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

CUBOT P50

CUBOT P50

elimoviebuff
elimoviebuff
elimoviebuff
09-08-2023, 10:16 PM

So I recently purchased a brand new in the box Cubot P50 and I love it for being so simple plus lots of potential. However Ive discovered one major setback now. The P50 does not pickup LTE from my sim card? Not only this but the mobile data is always struggling and super slow. Ive tried everything from entering the carrier info manually to getting a new SIM card and its still no use. Ironically my Cubot Note 20 pro is slightly older and successfully reads LTE from the same SIM card. I have a phone network Called TruConnect which is sort of an in-between network because they use the T-Mobile Tower but in some areas will fluctuate between gsm and cdma. My P50 reads my sim as T-Mobile. My Note 20 pro is a little smarter and understands the service as TruConnect once the phone is started . Can anyone offer any advice. Would rooting then editing the build.prop be my best option???
AutoResponder
AutoResponder
AutoResponder
Verified Account
09-08-2023, 10:16 PM
Thank you for reaching out for support. Due to high demand, our free support services may experience some delays in response time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Alternatively, we offer private support where you can receive dedicated attention and prompt support. These sessions are designed to provide personalized solutions to your specific needs.
If you are interested in scheduling a private session, please visit https://www.hovatek.com/remote
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
09-08-2023, 10:47 PM
Pls don't
elimoviebuff
elimoviebuff
elimoviebuff
10-08-2023, 01:39 PM
what do you mean
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Intern
10-08-2023, 04:32 PM

(09-08-2023, 10:16 PM)elimoviebuff So I recently purchased a brand new in the box Cubot P50 and I love it for being so simple plus lots of potential. However Ive discovered one major setback now. The P50 does not pickup LTE from my sim card? Not only this but the mobile data is always struggling and super slow. Ive tried everything from entering the carrier info manually to getting a new SIM card and its still no use. Ironically my Cubot Note 20 pro is slightly older and successfully reads LTE from the same SIM card. I have a phone network Called TruConnect which is sort of an in-between network because they use the T-Mobile Tower but in some areas will fluctuate between gsm and cdma. My P50 reads my sim as T-Mobile. My Note 20 pro is a little smarter and understands the service as TruConnect once the phone is started . Can anyone offer any advice. Would rooting then editing the build.prop be my best option???

Do you know anybody with this same model with or without this issue?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
elimoviebuff
elimoviebuff
elimoviebuff
10-08-2023, 05:36 PM

No I don't. Since yesterday I have been able to slightly improve the data connection by going into engineering mode (*#*#4636#*#*)-testing-phone info-Select radio band-United States. Im not 100% sure that my phone is selecting the proper network.If nothing else I will have to try a few different ones as well as root it and edit the build.prop.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_20230810-123012.png
Size: 145.45 KB / Downloads: 2
elimoviebuff
elimoviebuff
elimoviebuff
14-08-2023, 02:59 PM
Ok so after contacting Cubot directly which is easier said than done! I learned that my unit is not a global phone. However Global versions of the P50 are available. So eventually Ill buy another and use this one as a testing phone
elimoviebuff
elimoviebuff
elimoviebuff
10-03-2024, 08:40 PM
Successfully flashed several GSI roms to this phone. However the data reception is still terrible so Im looking to pay a more experienced developer to compile or port twrp recovery for me. AB partitions is beyond my skill level. Hopefully after getting a Custom Recovery installed I can flash/port a similar chipset Rom that is Global/USA compatible.