Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Hard bricked Chuwi HiPad X
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Hard bricked Chuwi HiPad X

Hard bricked Chuwi HiPad X

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next
sesgiog
sesgiog
sesgiog
14-04-2023, 12:36 AM

Hi!
I'm searching for some help repairing a bricked device (the power went out while flashing...).
The tablet is a chuwi hipad x, a mediatek device.
The device is recognized by the PC but does not turn on, as of now I'm trying to charge it with the most powerful power brick I have.
I already got the stock firmware from the brand, along with the scatter file.
I already tried with libusb and bypass_utility, but the second stops at the "disabling watchdog" section.
The Sp flash tool gives me back da_hash_mismatch, even with only the preloader selected.
If you have any suggestions or questions I'll be glad to answer!
AutoResponder
AutoResponder
AutoResponder
Verified Account
14-04-2023, 12:36 AM
Thank you for reaching out for support. Due to high demand, our free support services may experience some delays in response time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Alternatively, we offer private support where you can receive dedicated attention and prompt support. These sessions are designed to provide personalized solutions to your specific needs.
If you are interested in scheduling a private session, please visit https://www.hovatek.com/remote
sesgiog
sesgiog
sesgiog
14-04-2023, 12:38 AM
Hi!
I'm searching for some help repairing a bricked device (the power went out while flashing...).
The device is recognized by the PC but does not turn on, as of now I'm trying to charge it with the most powerful power brick I have.
I already tried with libusb and bypass_utility, but the second stops at the "disabling watchdog" section.
The Sp flash tool gives me back da_hash_mismatch, even with only the preloader selected.
AutoResponder
AutoResponder
AutoResponder
Verified Account
14-04-2023, 12:38 AM
Thank you for reaching out for support. Due to high demand, our free support services may experience some delays in response time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Alternatively, we offer private support where you can receive dedicated attention and prompt support. These sessions are designed to provide personalized solutions to your specific needs.
If you are interested in scheduling a private session, please visit https://www.hovatek.com/remote
sesgiog
sesgiog
sesgiog
14-04-2023, 12:15 PM

Little update, from what the bypass_script tells me the device is already insecure, so I'm not using libusb filter and bypass utility anymore.
When I manage to get the tablet in BROM mode, the DA download starts but after around 7 seconds it stops giving me STATUS_DA_HASH_MISMATCH error.
I'm not using an auth file (because it was not given to me by the brand) and I'm using MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin as download agent, so maybe the preloader is bricked too?
I was hoping to not disassembly it but if that's necessary I'll take a look (I think that it will be pretty hard though).
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
17-04-2023, 04:34 PM
(14-04-2023, 12:36 AM)sesgiog Hi!

Launch device manager and connect the tab. What does it show up as under COM Ports (it might refresh quickly)
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
17-04-2023, 05:14 PM
(14-04-2023, 12:15 PM)sesgiog Little update, from what the bypass_script tells me the device is already insecure, so I'm not using libusb filter and bypass utility anymore.
When I manage to get the tablet in BROM mode, the DA download starts but after around 7 seconds it stops giving me STATUS_DA_HASH_MISMATCH error.
I'm not using an auth file (because it was not given to me by the brand) and I'm using MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin as download agent, so maybe the preloader is bricked too?
I was hoping to not disassembly it but if that's necessary I'll take a look (I think that it will be pretty hard though).

Share a full screenshot of sp flash tool when you see this error
sesgiog
sesgiog
sesgiog
17-04-2023, 09:08 PM
(17-04-2023, 04:34 PM)maxpayne
(14-04-2023, 12:36 AM)sesgiog Hi!

Launch device manager and connect the tab. What does it show up as under COM Ports (it might refresh quickly)
When I connect it, I can see a MediaTek USB Port (COM10), but I remember I saw once a VCOM thing... Right now is not appearing though
sesgiog
sesgiog
sesgiog
17-04-2023, 09:15 PM
(17-04-2023, 05:14 PM)maxpayne
(14-04-2023, 12:15 PM)sesgiog Little update, from what the bypass_script tells me the device is already insecure, so I'm not using libusb filter and bypass utility anymore.

Share a full screenshot of sp flash tool when you see this error

I'm not using SP Flash Tool as someone told me that MTK client could help a bit more... anyway I'll send you a screen of the error message with MTK client.
I'll send a link to the bootrom I managed to dump with MTK client hoping it can help in some way.
Dumped BootROM
Attached Files
.png
image_2023-04-14_15-48-04.png
Size: 125.64 KB / Downloads: 8
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
20-04-2023, 10:50 AM

(17-04-2023, 09:15 PM)sesgiog I'm not using SP Flash Tool as someone told me that MTK client could help a bit more... anyway I'll send you a screen of the error message with MTK client.
I'll send a link to the bootrom I managed to dump with MTK client hoping it can help in some way.
Dumped BootROM

Your phone seems to be in BROM
Run this command in mtk client and see if its successful
Code:

python mtk payload

It will allow you flash in sp flash tool
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next