Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Teclast M40 Plus - can't boot to system after SP flash
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Teclast M40 Plus - can't boot to system after SP flash

Teclast M40 Plus - can't boot to system after SP flash

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
sga999
sga999
sga999
Enthusiastic Member
26-01-2023, 06:44 AM

First time on this site!  This it's my first Chinese tablet. The specs and price looked good so I got it from Amazon.

I had various issues, so after informing Teclast, they thought I should order a replacement. I received it, and it appears to be working well. But in the meantime, I wanted to try out the SP flash tool before on the first one before returning it. 

I followed the instructions precisely after downloading the RAR file for the M40 EEA model (my replacement is ROW instead, but they assured me they are the same device, just different batches). 

Everything went smoothly with the flash, nothing strange. It completed in less than 3 minutes and said that it was successful. I unplugged the cable and powered the M40 on. It will only come up with fastboot mode on the screen. I can get into bootloader mode with buttons and then switch into recovery. So it certainly is not totally bricked, it just will not boot into the system.

This appears to be a fairly new model, maybe released in November 2022. I don't see posts in this forum or on XDA about it. So maybe no one has tried flashing this specific model yet. I'm hoping someone can let me know if they are familiar with this model and how I might figure out what went wrong. Thanks!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-01-2023, 07:11 AM
(26-01-2023, 06:44 AM)sga999 First time on this site!  This it's my first Chinese tablet. The specs and price looked good so I got it from Amazon.

I had various issues, so after informing Teclast, they thought I should order a replacement. I received it, and it appears to be working well. But in the meantime, I wanted to try out the SP flash tool before on the first one before returning it. 

I followed the instructions precisely after downloading the RAR file for the M40 EEA model (my replacement is ROW instead, but they assured me they are the same device, just different batches). 

Everything went smoothly with the flash, nothing strange. It completed in less than 3 minutes and said that it was successful. I unplugged the cable and powered the M40 on. It will only come up with fastboot mode on the screen. I can get into bootloader mode with buttons and then switch into recovery. So it certainly is not totally bricked, it just will not boot into the system.

This appears to be a fairly new model, maybe released in November 2022. I don't see posts in this forum or on XDA about it. So maybe no one has tried flashing this specific model yet. I'm hoping someone can let me know if they are familiar with this model and how I might figure out what went wrong. Thanks!

Try doing a factory reset in recovery mode. If it persists then you need a different firmware

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
sga999
sga999
sga999
Enthusiastic Member
28-01-2023, 07:48 AM
I was able to get to factory reset within recovery, but it did not help, still fastboot on screen. I'm guessing that there is something wrong with the RAR file they put out on their site for this fairly new device. But they were unable to help when I wrote them through the Amazon site.

It would be great to know how to do this on the replacement device that I received. Maybe if I just wait a while, they will update some files. But I would never want to just try it, since it doesn't seem to be something I can fix.

I'll ask another question while I'm here. This has an MT8183. Is there any issue with that one being supported by SP flash tool or the Wwr tool?

Thanks for your help.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-01-2023, 04:54 PM
(28-01-2023, 07:48 AM)sga999 I was able to get to factory reset within recovery, but it did not help, still fastboot on screen. I'm guessing that there is something wrong with the RAR file they put out on their site for this fairly new device. But they were unable to help when I wrote them through the Amazon site.

It would be great to know how to do this on the replacement device that I received. Maybe if I just wait a while, they will update some files. But I would never want to just try it, since it doesn't seem to be something I can fix.

I'll ask another question while I'm here. This has an MT8183.  Is there any issue with that one being supported by SP flash tool or the Wwr tool?

Thanks for your help.

This seems to be about the firmware you flashed.
What's the product ID written on the back?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
sga999
sga999
sga999
Enthusiastic Member
30-01-2023, 07:18 PM

N5A1. That was the first tabldt received, and it did not flash properly. It was EEA. I am returning that one for other reasons, but before I returned it, I wanted to check out the SP flash tool, just out of curiosity, The replacement that I received is also N5A1, but it is ROW. They have told me that it's just a different batch of the same tablet. I don't understand that, but I guess I have to take their word for it.

The only one that I tried to flash from their website was the first one. I am not going to try the second until I understand what went wrong. Both RAR files are there for those two batches.

I'm also wondering if the MT8183 will work with Wwr tool since it's not in the template.ini file. I know your instructions say I can add it. I want to try Wwr, just to see if I could get the second tablet backed up. I certainly will not be trying the SP flash tool to restore the ROW tar file until I know what was wrong with the other. Thanks.
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Contributor
30-01-2023, 07:19 PM
ID N5A1
Attached Files
.jpg
screen-2023-01-30-[1].jpg
Size: 103.42 KB / Downloads: 8
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-02-2023, 10:01 AM
(30-01-2023, 07:18 PM)sga999 N5A1.  That was the first tabldt received, and it did not flash properly.  It was EEA.  I am returning that one for other reasons, but before I returned it, I wanted to check out the SP flash tool, just out of curiosity,  The replacement that I received is also N5A1, but it is ROW. They have told me that it's just a different batch of the same tablet. I don't understand that, but I guess I have to take their word for it.

The only one that I tried to flash from their website was the first one. I am not going to try the second until I understand what went wrong.  Both RAR files are there for those two batches.

I'm also wondering if the MT8183 will work with Wwr tool since it's not in the template.ini file. I know your instructions say I can add it.  I want to try Wwr, just to see if I could get the second tablet backed up.  I certainly will not be trying the SP flash tool to restore the ROW tar file until I know what was wrong with the other. Thanks.

You could try WWR to do a full dump of the second. I suggest you try both EEA and ROW firmware on the first tablet and do a factory reset after flashing.

Note!
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
02-02-2023, 02:19 PM
Nvram and nvdata are the issue
sga999
sga999
sga999
Enthusiastic Member
02-02-2023, 08:06 PM
(02-02-2023, 10:01 AM)hovatek
(30-01-2023, 07:18 PM)sga999 N5A1.  That was the first tabldt received, and it did not flash properly.  It was EEA.  I am returning that one for other reasons, but before I returned it, I wanted to check out the SP flash tool, just out of curiosity,  The replacement that I received is also N5A1, but it is ROW. They have told me that it's just a different batch of the same tablet. I don't understand that, but I guess I have to take their word for it.

The only one that I tried to flash from their website was the first one. I am not going to try the second until I understand what went wrong.  Both RAR files are there for those two batches.

I'm also wondering if the MT8183 will work with Wwr tool since it's not in the template.ini file. I know your instructions say I can add it.  I want to try Wwr, just to see if I could get the second tablet backed up.  I certainly will not be trying the SP flash tool to restore the ROW tar file until I know what was wrong with the other. Thanks.

You could try WWR to do a full dump of the second. I suggest you try both EEA and ROW firmware on the first tablet and do a factory reset after flashing.

Too late to do anything with the first tablet. I returned it 2 days ago. It would been great to learn something from that first one in case things don't work with the second. As I responded in post number 3, I did try factory reset on the first because I was able to get into recovery. It did not change anything. 

Unless I learn a method to get out of this state, I will not be trying the firmware flash on the 2nd. I certainly can try to learn more about Wwr and doing a full dump on it, but that's why I was asking about 8183. I watched your video about full dump and tried doing it before I sent the first one back. But I had some kind of issue, and that's why I asked if 8183 was supported.

There's another post here after yours. I will ask that person what they mean.
sga999
sga999
sga999
Enthusiastic Member
02-02-2023, 08:08 PM

(02-02-2023, 02:19 PM)kelvinchinedu Nvram and nvdata are the issue

I am new to this Android device and methods of flashing or dumping. Can you explain what I would do about those two partitions being the issue? Thanks.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next