Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Itel, Android 10: Files in the folder /system restored during boot
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Itel, Android 10: Files in the folder /system restored during boot

Itel, Android 10: Files in the folder /system restored during boot

CarlosCMD
CarlosCMD
CarlosCMD
23-01-2023, 07:29 PM

After rooting my Itel A48 (Android 10) i had to modify the bootanimation and shutdownanimation files in /system/media. Since there was no space left in the partition i had to delete vendor app like Facebook.apk in vital apps folder. After pasting my new animations, the shutdown animation works during reboot but upon boot the default itel bootanimation is loaded. Even more the files i had deleted in /system folder are restored. Any fix on this?
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
26-01-2023, 10:57 AM
(23-01-2023, 07:29 PM)CarlosCMD After rooting my Itel A48 (Android 10) i had to modify the bootanimation and shutdownanimation files in /system/media. Since there was no space left in the partition i had to delete vendor app like Facebook.apk in vital apps folder. After pasting my new animations, the shutdown animation works during reboot but upon boot the default itel bootanimation is loaded. Even more the files i had deleted in /system folder are restored. Any fix on this?

Flash a GSI with RW
CarlosCMD
CarlosCMD
CarlosCMD
26-01-2023, 04:59 PM
(26-01-2023, 10:57 AM)maxpayne
(23-01-2023, 07:29 PM)CarlosCMD After rooting my Itel A48 (Android 10) i had to modify the bootanimation and shutdownanimation files in /system/media. Since there was no space left in the partition i had to delete vendor app like Facebook.apk in vital apps folder. After pasting my new animations, the shutdown animation works during reboot but upon boot the default itel bootanimation is loaded. Even more the files i had deleted in /system folder are restored. Any fix on this?

Flash a GSI with RW

I just found a fix. I just had to install busybox in /system/xbin. Thanks for the advice though