Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Need help in unbricking my infinix x657.
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Need help in unbricking my infinix x657.

Need help in unbricking my infinix x657.

Solomon.M.M
Solomon.M.M
Solomon.M.M
Enthusiastic Member
08-01-2023, 08:03 PM

Hello guys?
Has anyone ever bricked his/her infinix x657 and successfully restored it?...
If yes, then please give me the guide on the steps you followed to unbrick it..Or anyone with the knowledge on how I'll restore it can feel free to help me.

I unlocked the bootloader and flashed a magisk patched boot img to root the phone using fastboot.It displayed some errors & failed .so i went on and used adb and fastboot setup tools to flash but it stayed for long and so I disconnected the phone from the laptop.Since it was in fastboot mode, it rebooted to system after 1 minute and there's where the bootloop started.It goes in then off again and never stops.
So this is what exactly happened.

I installed MTK drivers along with sp flash tool but when I tried to flash it's firmware files by the scatter method, it displays an error.

It's a MT6580 chip and with secure boot enabled.I haven't tried any other flashing tools yet.
justshez
justshez
justshez
Intern
09-01-2023, 07:48 AM
(08-01-2023, 08:03 PM)Solomon.M.M Hello guys?
If yes, then please give me the guide on the steps you followed to unbrick it..Or anyone with the knowledge on how I'll restore it can feel free to help me.

I unlocked the bootloader and flashed a magisk patched boot img to root the phone using fastboot.It displayed some errors & failed .so i went on and used adb and fastboot setup tools to flash but it stayed for long and so I disconnected the phone from the laptop.Since it was in fastboot mode, it rebooted to system after 1 minute and there's where the bootloop started.It goes in then off again and never stops.

I installed MTK drivers along with sp flash tool but when I tried to flash it's firmware files by the scatter method, it displays an error.

It's a MT6580 chip and with secure boot enabled.I haven't tried any other flashing tools yet.

Did you make a firmware backup before rooting? If so then Flashback stock boot.img using fastboot.

Or flash full firmware using MTK Client @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-40866.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Solomon.M.M
Solomon.M.M
Solomon.M.M
Enthusiastic Member
09-01-2023, 11:34 AM
(09-01-2023, 07:48 AM)Abdulakeem14

Did you make a firmware backup before rooting? If so then Flashback stock boot.img using fastboot.

Or flash full firmware using MTK Client @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-40866.html

I didn't do a firmware backup.But I downloaded the firmware files of the phone's specific model number and extracted them. This is when I tried to flash the boot img from it using SP flashtool but an error kept displaying.
Solomon.M.M
Solomon.M.M
Solomon.M.M
Enthusiastic Member
09-01-2023, 11:36 AM
Nop. Didn't make a firmware backup.
Solomon.M.M
Solomon.M.M
Solomon.M.M
Enthusiastic Member
13-01-2023, 02:54 PM

Hello.
I tried using the MTK method but it still did not work. As the installation was on in CMD, an error was displayed and it stopped.
I also used the MTK Bypass utility to bypass the secure boot but it displayed an error saying "payload did not reply".
What else will i try guys??
justshez
justshez
justshez
Intern
14-01-2023, 09:34 AM
(13-01-2023, 02:54 PM)Solomon.M.M

Hello.
I tried using the MTK method but it still did not work. As the installation was on in CMD, an error was displayed and it stopped.
I also used the MTK Bypass utility to bypass the secure boot but it displayed an error saying "payload did not reply".
What else will i try guys??

Upload a screenshot of the error

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Manzar
Manzar
Manzar
15-01-2023, 02:44 AM
Bro if u unlocked bootloader then verified boot error aren't coming to screen
I think u r not successful unlock boot loader
But problem why mobile not going to download mod with auth tool
Can u remove battery and then try pawer + volum up and down keys
After launching auth tool and click on bypass
Maybe this is problem in auth software tool u can reaxtract it and use or redownload
Then try without battery
And remember download any patched vbmeta mtk devices and flashed with sp flash tool
Then your mobile normally start
But don't tick on preloader
To flash
Patched custom boot /recovery img otherwise may be your system damage and need to whole wipe and null imei problem coming like my oppo a1k?
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Intern
16-01-2023, 11:34 AM
(08-01-2023, 08:03 PM)Solomon.M.M It's a MT6580 chip and with secure boot enabled.I haven't tried any other flashing tools yet.

Unbricking should be easy.
You said its MT6580, how did you confirm this?
You first need to backup the current firmware so you can get its build number. This will tell you the right firmware to download and flash

Note!