Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android MT6890 non-phone support
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

MT6890 non-phone support

MT6890 non-phone support

rosenrot
rosenrot
rosenrot
Enthusiastic Member
25-12-2022, 12:21 PM

Dear community,

I have seen a lot of knowledge concentrated in this forum, especially when it comes to MTK devices. I noticed that the bootloader of almost any MTK can be unlocked, but I haven't seen feedback about the MT6890.

I have a 5G router based on the MT6890, and I would like to extract its partitions. Could anyone tell me if this is currently possible on the MT6890?

I'm about to open the 5G router to access the test pin that allows me to force it into USB download (BROM) mode.

I would have to bypass SLA/DAA, unlock the bootloader and then extract the partitions, but any feedback from you before starting is highly appreciated.

Best,

rose
rosenrot
rosenrot
rosenrot
Enthusiastic Member
25-12-2022, 12:22 PM
Dear community,

I have seen a lot of knowledge concentrated in this forum, especially when it comes to MTK devices. I noticed that the bootloader of almost any MTK can be unlocked, but I haven't seen feedback about the MT6890.

I have a 5G router based on the MT6890, and I would like to extract its partitions. Could anyone tell me if this is currently possible on the MT6890?

I'm about to open the 5G router to access the test pin that allows me to force it into USB download (BROM) mode.

I would have to bypass SLA/DAA, unlock the bootloader and then extract the partitions, but any feedback from you before starting is highly appreciated.

Best,

rose
rosenrot
rosenrot
rosenrot
Enthusiastic Member
25-12-2022, 12:24 PM
Dear community,

Best,

rose
rosenrot
rosenrot
rosenrot
Enthusiastic Member
26-12-2022, 12:42 PM
Sorry for the triple post; I guess something went wrong here, and the admin could remove the other posts.

By the way, even though it is not a mobile phone, I'm relatively sure that the 5G router runs Android; this is why I posted it here.
RayHardy
RayHardy
RayHardy
27-12-2022, 09:29 AM

It possible on the MT6890, the bootloader can be unlocked
rosenrot
rosenrot
rosenrot
Enthusiastic Member
29-12-2022, 10:38 AM
(27-12-2022, 09:29 AM)RayHardy It possible on the MT6890, the bootloader can be unlocked

Could you tell me which tool would be able to do that?

It would be great if someone who unlocked the MT6890 already would comment and guide me in the right direction. Which tool was used? Anything to look out for? Files needed?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-01-2023, 05:51 AM
(25-12-2022, 12:22 PM)rosenrot Dear community,

Best,

rose

You first need to confirm it really has SLA/DAA.
I'm not certain this chipset is currently supported but try https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-40865.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
rosenrot
rosenrot
rosenrot
Enthusiastic Member
03-01-2023, 10:43 PM
(02-01-2023, 05:51 AM)hovatek
(25-12-2022, 12:22 PM)rosenrot Dear community,

Best,

rose

You first need to confirm it really has SLA/DAA.
I'm not certain this chipset is currently supported but try https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-40865.html

I just tried and there is SBC+SDA. The tool doesn't support bypassing the MT6890. Is there any other possibility to create a backup of the partitions?

[Image: photo-5882245019870543215-x.jpg]
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-01-2023, 10:00 AM
(03-01-2023, 10:43 PM)rosenrot I just tried and there is SBC+SDA. The tool doesn't support bypassing the MT6890. Is there any other possibility to create a backup of the partitions?

Unless you have a DA file, I don't think so...till support for this chipset is added
This post was last modified: 06-01-2023, 10:02 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.