Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Samsung S21+5G Hard-Bricked Repair - Testpoint EDL Mode (PLEASE HELP!!)
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Samsung S21+5G Hard-Bricked Repair - Testpoint EDL Mode (PLEASE HELP!!)

Samsung S21+5G Hard-Bricked Repair - Testpoint EDL Mode (PLEASE HELP!!)

AlbinoRh9no
AlbinoRh9no
AlbinoRh9no
Enthusiastic Member
08-12-2022, 02:58 AM

I am trying to repair a hard-bricked Samsung S21+ 5G (SM-G996W) with a Snapdragon 888 (SM8350) SoC.

By using Testpoints i was luckily able to locate by myself, I am able to get the phone to show up in Device Manager as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" but I am not able to find the correct files i would need to flash and repair it in EDL mode. 
I have an Octoplus Pro Box (w/ JTAG, Samsung, FRP, & LG acttivations), but still new to it & either they lack the files i need as well, or not going in the right direction with it.

I also have licensed Chimera Pro software, & it will show up in Chimera in EDL mode. I must then select from the list "Generic Qualcomm" then select "Samsung", which then displays the functions i can choose from to execute, but not one of them will work because it says they do not have the correct qualcomm programmer in the repository. I am able to select a local file or repository, but the "SM-G996W Loader Firehose [elf].zip" (which contains 2 files: "prog_firehose_ddr.elf" & "prog_firehose_lite.elf") programmer i downloaded from halabtech.com (I have silver license) seems to be incorrect as well. I will include and attach the mentioned files in this post as well.

& also trying to use QFIL, but I'm unfamiliar with it and I don't know where to locate (or how to create?) the rawprogam0.xml & patch files needed.

Here are the mentioned files:
.zip
SM-G996W Loader Firehose [elf].zip
Size: 698.34 KB / Downloads: 98
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
09-12-2022, 11:11 AM
(08-12-2022, 02:58 AM)AlbinoRh9no I am trying to repair a hard-bricked Samsung S21+ 5G (SM-G996W) with a Snapdragon 888 (SM8350) SoC.

By using Testpoints i was luckily able to locate by myself, I am able to get the phone to show up in Device Manager as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" but I am not able to find the correct files i would need to flash and repair it in EDL mode. 
I have an Octoplus Pro Box (w/ JTAG, Samsung, FRP, & LG acttivations), but still new to it & either they lack the files i need as well, or not going in the right direction with it.

I also have licensed Chimera Pro software, & it will show up in Chimera in EDL mode. I must then select from the list "Generic Qualcomm" then select "Samsung", which then displays the functions i can choose from to execute, but not one of them will work because it says they do not have the correct qualcomm programmer in the repository. I am able to select a local file or repository, but the "SM-G996W Loader Firehose [elf].zip" (which contains 2 files: "prog_firehose_ddr.elf" & "prog_firehose_lite.elf") programmer i downloaded from halabtech.com (I have silver license) seems to be incorrect as well. I will include and attach the mentioned files in this post as well.

& also trying to use QFIL, but I'm unfamiliar with it and I don't know where to locate (or how to create?) the rawprogam0.xml & patch files needed.

If you have a gpt (maybe a pit file might work) then try https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31505.html . Maybe QFIL would work.
Did you try
G996W U4 / U5 Dead Boot Repair (By USB) [DEBUG].zip ?
AlbinoRh9no
AlbinoRh9no
AlbinoRh9no
Enthusiastic Member
10-12-2022, 01:39 AM
(09-12-2022, 11:11 AM)maxpayne
(08-12-2022, 02:58 AM)AlbinoRh9no I am trying to repair a hard-bricked Samsung S21+ 5G (SM-G996W) with a Snapdragon 888 (SM8350) SoC.

If you have a gpt (maybe a pit file might work) then try https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31505.html . Maybe QFIL would work.
Did you try
G996W U4 / U5 Dead Boot Repair (By USB) [DEBUG].zip ?

Like a General Partition Table (GPT)? I would assume that would be the PIT file for Samsung phones, or is that a file that i would need to extract? 
No I havent tried, where do i download the file(s)?
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
12-12-2022, 09:44 AM
(10-12-2022, 01:39 AM)AlbinoRh9no Like a General Partition Table (GPT)? I would assume that would be the PIT file for Samsung phones, or is that a file that i would need to extract? 

That ought to be the PIT for Samsung
Run a google search for G996W U4 Dead Boot Repair (By USB) [DEBUG].zip and for G996W U5 Dead Boot Repair (By USB) [DEBUG].zip
This post was last modified: 12-12-2022, 09:44 AM by maxpayne.
AlbinoRh9no
AlbinoRh9no
AlbinoRh9no
Enthusiastic Member
15-12-2022, 01:40 AM

(12-12-2022, 09:44 AM)maxpayne
(10-12-2022, 01:39 AM)AlbinoRh9no Like a General Partition Table (GPT)? I would assume that would be the PIT file for Samsung phones, or is that a file that i would need to extract? 

Run a google search for G996W U4 Dead Boot Repair (By USB) [DEBUG].zip and for G996W U5 Dead Boot Repair (By USB) [DEBUG].zip

The only matching results I cam able to get when searching that is from Halabtech.com, but even with my Silver Membership @Halabtech.com, the file costs $79.99 USD! ($108 CAD here in Canada).That's alot of money that i simply cannot afford Sad
AlbinoRh9no
AlbinoRh9no
AlbinoRh9no
Enthusiastic Member
15-12-2022, 12:07 PM
(12-12-2022, 09:44 AM)maxpayne

Using the guide you provided in the link I am able to get to Step 5, but step 5 is unsuccessful in creating the rawprogram0.xml file. I am not sure that the partition.xml file created using the .PIT file is created correctly, i'm guessing due to what i assume to be the .pit file being structured differently. I am Trying to find a way that I may convert the .pit file to the gpt.bin file, so that it may be able to read it and create the rawprogram0.xml file successfully. Here is the what my command window is showing:

C:\Users\chefb>cd C:\Users\chefb\Desktop\Qualcomm GPTtool

C:\Users\chefb\Desktop\Qualcomm GPTtool>GPTAnalyzer.py N2Q_USA_SINGLEW > partition.xml

C:\Users\chefb\Desktop\Qualcomm GPTtool>ptool.py -x partition.xml

CWD:  C:\Users\chefb\Desktop\Qualcomm GPTtool

XMLFile= partition.xml
OutputToCreate None
PhysicalPartitionNumber 0
verbose False

Looking for  partition.xml
        ----------------------------------------
        Searching  C:\Users\chefb\Desktop\Qualcomm GPTtool

**Found partition.xml (40 bytes)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\chefb\Desktop\Qualcomm GPTtool\ptool.py", line 2197, in <module>
    ParseXML(XMLFile)  # parses XMLFile, discovers if GPT or MBR
  File "C:\Users\chefb\Desktop\Qualcomm GPTtool\ptool.py", line 948, in ParseXML
    root = ET.parse( XMLFile )
  File "C:\Python27\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1182, in parse
    tree.parse(source, parser)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 656, in parse
    parser.feed(data)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1659, in feed
    self._raiseerror(v)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1523, in _raiseerror
    raise err
xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: syntax error: line 1, column 0
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
19-12-2022, 06:06 AM
(15-12-2022, 12:07 PM)AlbinoRh9no Using the guide you provided in the link I am able to get to Step 5, but step 5 is unsuccessful in creating the rawprogram0.xml file. I am not sure that the partition.xml file created using the .PIT file is created correctly, i'm guessing due to what i assume to be the .pit file being structured differently. I am Trying to find a way that I may convert the .pit file to the gpt.bin file, so that it may be able to read it and create the rawprogram0.xml file successfully. Here is the what my command window is showing:

C:\Users\chefb>cd C:\Users\chefb\Desktop\Qualcomm GPTtool

C:\Users\chefb\Desktop\Qualcomm GPTtool>GPTAnalyzer.py N2Q_USA_SINGLEW > partition.xml

C:\Users\chefb\Desktop\Qualcomm GPTtool>ptool.py -x partition.xml

CWD:  C:\Users\chefb\Desktop\Qualcomm GPTtool

XMLFile= partition.xml
OutputToCreate None
PhysicalPartitionNumber 0
verbose False

Looking for  partition.xml
        ----------------------------------------
        Searching  C:\Users\chefb\Desktop\Qualcomm GPTtool

**Found partition.xml (40 bytes)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\chefb\Desktop\Qualcomm GPTtool\ptool.py", line 2197, in <module>
    ParseXML(XMLFile)  # parses XMLFile, discovers if GPT or MBR
  File "C:\Users\chefb\Desktop\Qualcomm GPTtool\ptool.py", line 948, in ParseXML
    root = ET.parse( XMLFile )
  File "C:\Python27\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1182, in parse
    tree.parse(source, parser)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 656, in parse
    parser.feed(data)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1659, in feed
    self._raiseerror(v)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1523, in _raiseerror
    raise err
xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: syntax error: line 1, column 0

Try python 2.7 instead of the latest