Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Help to backup Allwinner firmware
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Help to backup Allwinner firmware

Help to backup Allwinner firmware

Windows Vista
Windows Vista
Windows Vista
03-12-2022, 04:20 AM

Hi there, I currently own a Ghia A7 (GA7133N) tablet powered by a Allwinner A133 processor and I'd like to install a GSI on it, but the problem is that I can't find a working method for doing a firmware backup of it (just in case something goes wrong during the flashing process) ...

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated ?
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
05-12-2022, 03:00 PM
(03-12-2022, 04:20 AM)Windows Vista Hi there, I currently own a Ghia A7 (GA7133N) tablet powered by a Allwinner A133 processor and I'd like to install a GSI on it, but the problem is that I can't find a working method for doing a firmware backup of it (just in case something goes wrong during the flashing process) ...

Is it rooted with unlocked bootloader?
Windows Vista
Windows Vista
Windows Vista
05-12-2022, 03:10 PM
(05-12-2022, 03:00 PM)maxpayne
(03-12-2022, 04:20 AM)Windows Vista Hi there, I currently own a Ghia A7 (GA7133N) tablet powered by a Allwinner A133 processor and I'd like to install a GSI on it, but the problem is that I can't find a working method for doing a firmware backup of it (just in case something goes wrong during the flashing process) ...

Is it rooted with unlocked bootloader?

No, I can unlock the bootloader but I need the boot image to root it, which I don't have because I don't have the firmware
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
06-12-2022, 08:07 AM
(05-12-2022, 03:10 PM)Windows Vista No, I can unlock the bootloader but I need the boot image to root it, which I don't have because I don't have the firmware

Try this adb script (ignore the model name it shows)
Attached Files
.zip
allwinner_firmware_dump_script_tool.zip
Size: 164.4 KB / Downloads: 50
Windows Vista
Windows Vista
Windows Vista
16-12-2022, 12:59 AM

(06-12-2022, 08:07 AM)maxpayne
(05-12-2022, 03:10 PM)Windows Vista No, I can unlock the bootloader but I need the boot image to root it, which I don't have because I don't have the firmware

In my case it didn't work, but here's how i successfully dumped the boot image (i basically lost the stock rom in the process):
i unlocked the bootloader the usual way (fastboot oem unlock) and then i flashed a rooted phh gsi and when it booted i used this command to dump some partitions including boot;
Code:

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 of=/sdcard/boot.img
nmajin
nmajin
nmajin
15-08-2023, 03:53 AM
(16-12-2022, 12:59 AM)Windows Vista
(06-12-2022, 08:07 AM)maxpayne

In my case it didn't work, but here's how i successfully dumped the boot image (i basically lost the stock rom in the process):
i unlocked the bootloader the usual way (fastboot oem unlock) and then i flashed a rooted phh gsi and when it booted i used this command to dump some partitions including boot;
Code:

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 of=/sdcard/boot.img

I also have an Allwinner A133 tablet, how did you end up getting fastboot working? I cannot get my PC to find the driver for the "USB Developer" device and therefore cannot unlock the bootloader. I can get the commands for fastboot to work in fastbootd but I get an issue with HAL when trying to unlock the bootloader there, which also sounds like something that should not be done anyway.