Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Can't flash vbmeta or boot.img
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Can't flash vbmeta or boot.img

Can't flash vbmeta or boot.img

commander_abdu
commander_abdu
17-11-2022, 03:54 PM

I have a device named Reeder P13 Blue MaxL (Unisoc SC9863a)
I tried all steps in: How to root Unisoc (SPD) Android 9; Case study: Teclast P80X (hovatek.com)
But I can not get the vbmeta.img working, I am on Android 11, I used Ubuntu to make the signed vbmeta.img.
It gets stuck at writing.
My bootloader is unlocked.
The stock boot.img and vbmeta-sign.img is avaible on : commanderabdu/P13BlueMaxL-2021-root-img: P13BlueMaxL için boot.img ve vbmeta.-sign.img dosyası (github.com)
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-11-2022, 08:51 AM
(17-11-2022, 03:54 PM)commander_abdu I have a device named Reeder P13 Blue MaxL (Unisoc SC9863a)
I tried all steps in: How to root Unisoc (SPD) Android 9; Case study: Teclast P80X (hovatek.com)
But I can not get the vbmeta.img working, I am on Android 11, I used Ubuntu to make the signed vbmeta.img.
It gets stuck at writing.
My bootloader is unlocked.
The stock boot.img and vbmeta-sign.img is avaible on : commanderabdu/P13BlueMaxL-2021-root-img: P13BlueMaxL için boot.img ve vbmeta.-sign.img dosyası (github.com)

Try flashing in fastbootd instead of fastboot

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
commander_abdu
commander_abdu
19-11-2022, 08:53 AM
fastbootd was not working, so I flashed it in fastboot instead of bootloader.
Thanks I guess.

And it flashed, however, when I flash my vbmeta.img, it always bricks.
This was the command I used for making the vbmeta.img:

python avbtool make_vbmeta_image --key hovatek.pem --algorithm SHA256_RSA4096 --flag 2 --chain_partition boot:1:keys/boot_key.bin --chain_partition vbmeta_system:2:keys/vbmeta_system_key.bin --chain_partition vbmeta_system_ext:3:keys/vbmeta_system_ext_key.bin --chain_partition vbmeta_vendor:4:keys/vbmeta_vendor_key.bin --chain_partition vbmeta_product:5:keys/vbmeta_product_key.bin --chain_partition dtbo:6:keys/dtbo_key.bin --chain_partition l_modem:7:keys/l_modem_key.bin --chain_partition l_ldsp:8:keys/l_ldsp_key.bin --chain_partition l_gdsp:9:keys/l_gdsp_key.bin --chain_partition pm_sys:10:keys/pm_sys_key.bin --chain_partition socko:11:keys/socko_key.bin --chain_partition omdko:12:keys/odmko_key.bin --padding_size 16384 --output vbmeta-sign-custom.img

There was no Android 11 file to pad the vbmeta, but I figured out that it was 00 40 00 00, so I downloaded the Android 9.py and used that one.
I will create a new thread.