Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Question on rooting.
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Question on rooting.

Question on rooting.

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
patrick7
patrick7
patrick7
01-11-2022, 07:12 PM

Hello everyone, how can I root tecno pop 5 pro, an android 11 mtk secure boot device? Have tried initially by patching the boot with magisk but did that ended in messy stuff. I believed the problem was the incompatibilty of the stock recovery with the patched boot and hence I needed a custom recovery( this was able to solve this very problem with my old android 7 camon phone), but unfortunately I could not find one for my phone online, anyone with a clue?!

Am also wondering why the unzipped stock rom of this phone has no file labeled "recovery". Could there be any clue on why this is so?!
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
03-11-2022, 06:39 AM
Disable dm verity by downloading the 4kb vbmeta and flash ,patch the boot_a and flash.

The reason u don't have partition rebelled recovery is because is a/b device and the recovery is embedded inside the boot ramdisk.

If u need twrp u need to build with GitHub action or u may need to drop your stock boot_a here for assistance.
patrick7
patrick7
patrick7
04-11-2022, 04:54 AM
(03-11-2022, 06:39 AM)kelvinchinedu Disable dm verity by downloading the 4kb vbmeta and flash ,patch the boot_a and flash.

The reason u don't have partition rebelled recovery is because is a/b device and the recovery is embedded inside the boot ramdisk.

If u need twrp u need to build with GitHub action or u may need to drop your stock boot_a here for assistance.

Thanks a lot for the clear explanations. Please refer me to an article on how to use github because am not familiar with it. Would wish to try using it for learning purposes before forwarding my boot such that I don't keep posting threads because of various custom recoveries. I hope for your continued assistance in case something/anything goes wrong.
patrick7
patrick7
patrick7
06-11-2022, 08:43 AM
(03-11-2022, 06:39 AM)kelvinchinedu Disable dm verity by downloading the 4kb vbmeta and flash ,patch the boot_a and flash.

Hello senior, I didn't see boot_a file in my stock rom folder, but I got the boot.img. Here is the link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xtmc4xR...share_link
justshez
justshez
justshez
Intern
07-11-2022, 07:36 AM

(04-11-2022, 04:54 AM)patrick7

Thanks a lot for the clear explanations. Please refer me to an article on how to use github because am not familiar with it. Would wish to try using it for learning purposes before forwarding my boot such that I don't keep posting threads because of various custom recoveries. I hope for your continued assistance in case something/anything goes wrong.
For root you'll need to use the boot.img of your device firmware build. 
First backup your device firmware using MTK client @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-40865.html
Disable dm-veriy using method 3 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32719.html
Then root with magisk @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
07-11-2022, 08:28 AM
Using GitHub to build a recovery is not for newbie ,it requires knowledge and patients.because this building takes 1-3 hours to build depending on the speed and version
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-11-2022, 08:54 AM
(01-11-2022, 07:12 PM)patrick7 Hello everyone, how can I root tecno pop 5 pro, an android 11 mtk secure boot device? Have tried initially by patching the boot with magisk but did that ended in messy stuff. I believed the problem was the incompatibilty of the stock recovery with the patched boot and hence I needed a custom recovery( this was able to solve this very problem with my old android 7 camon phone), but unfortunately I could not find one for my phone online, anyone with a clue?!

Am also wondering why the unzipped stock rom of this phone has no file labeled "recovery". Could there be any clue on why this is so?!

Follow https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
patrick7
patrick7
patrick7
08-11-2022, 07:02 PM
(07-11-2022, 08:28 AM)kelvinchinedu Using GitHub to build a recovery is not for newbie ,it requires knowledge and patients.because this building takes 1-3 hours to build depending on the speed and version

Okay senior. U asked me to post my boot for assistance. I did so and request u to help me generate a working recovery for my phone.
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
09-11-2022, 10:59 AM
(08-11-2022, 07:02 PM)patrick7
(07-11-2022, 08:28 AM)kelvinchinedu Using GitHub to build a recovery is not for newbie ,it requires knowledge and patients.because this building takes 1-3 hours to build depending on the speed and version

Okay senior. U asked me to post my boot for assistance. I did so and request u to help me generate a working recovery for my phone.

I have already build a twrp for on this link Thas my GitHub account,when u open it expand post to release and click the link u will be redirected to download page in which u will see your phone code name and boot.img of 32gb

https://github.com/infinixs5lite/Action-...5669431193
This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 11:00 AM by kelvinchinedu.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next