Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Setting up Google Mobile Services (GMS) on Huawei devices
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Setting up Google Mobile Services (GMS) on Huawei devices

[Please help] Setting up Google Mobile Services (GMS) on Huawei devices

Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
12-10-2022, 09:10 PM

Hello, good day Hovatekies!

With the admission of Huawei into the Entity List of USA, which cut trade between US-China business organisations, it's become unbearingly troublesome to use Huawei's Android devices, due to most apps relying on core Google libraries and APIs.

I recently got a Huawei nova Y70, and on finding out it didn't ship pre-installed with Google Apps (GApps), I looked it up on the internet and found out about the Entity List during President Trump's reign, and a few options I could try out, albeit some impractical.

Before I list the options, I would like to ask this: Is it over for Custom ROMs, rooting of Android devices, and customising to a developer's content?!

The solutions include - but are probably not limited to - these:
  1. [Using Googlefier - Install GMS on Huawei/Honor on phones running on EMUI <= 10]
    [Installing Virtual Environment comprising a Google layer ]

I've been using it for a while now. Google could be used on a browser, I thought. Beside the apps not loading saved state when I switch between them, I work just fine.
Recently though, my apps are getting outdated, and the Huawei App Gallery is not quite reliable. I also don't want to run through the hassle of getting my apps from APKMirror anytime I need to update; a game I was playing broke when I did so besides.
With the apps restarting when I switch between them (e.g. opening Chrome, switch to Twitter and back to Chrome in seconds), it has proven quite inefficient, ineffective, and data costly.

So, what is the solution to this predicament?
Googlefier is said to work on devices built on EMUI <= 10, but this one runs on 12!
Gspace runs a virtual OS, but with apps restarting when I switch between them, that's not a quite good solution either... except if I use the minimise feature available on this device, maybe. It's not an integration of the GMS like flashing GApps besides. Experience not quite seamless.

PS: Device Specs:
Device name: HUAWEI nova Y70
Model: MGA-LX9
Build number: 12.0.0.172(C185E7R1P2)
EMUI version: 12.0.0
Processor: Octa core; kirin710
RAM: 4.0 GB
Internal storage: 128 GB
Android version: 10 (API level 29)
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Intern
14-10-2022, 09:07 PM
(12-10-2022, 09:10 PM)Detective_Khalifah .....

PS: Device Specs:
Device name: HUAWEI nova Y70
Model: MGA-LX9
Build number: 12.0.0.172(C185E7R1P2)
EMUI version: 12.0.0
Processor: Octa core; kirin710
RAM: 4.0 GB
Internal storage: 128 GB
Android version: 10 (API level 29)

Mediatek might've given you a shot at bootloader unlock and GSI. I don't know about BL unlock on this model though

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
14-10-2022, 09:27 PM
(14-10-2022, 09:07 PM)maxpayne Mediatek might've given you a shot at bootloader unlock and GSI. I don't know about BL unlock on this model though

That's a long shot.
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
19-10-2022, 01:01 AM
Maybe I should just "KEEP CALM AND INSTALL GSPACE"... Paranoia.... Skepticism
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
Detective_Khalifah
15-03-2024, 04:57 PM

I found a partial solution in Aurora Store + F-Droid long ago