Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android phone won't turn on after flashing with sp flash tool
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

phone won't turn on after flashing with sp flash tool

phone won't turn on after flashing with sp flash tool

patrick7
patrick7
patrick7
09-10-2022, 02:09 PM

Hello everyone. I kindly need assistance on how to reboot my new device. My phone is Tecno Pop 5 pro bd4j. It's really not turning on after flashing with sp flash tool. I was initially trying to flash stock rom but there was authentication failure, and after trying to bypass authentication with python and bypass utility, I got the message that authentication disabled. Then after flashing with the tool (I excluded preloader), it showed 100% but continued to show red instead of "download complete". I waited like 4mins then disconnected my phone, but since that incident my phone is neither turning on nor be detected by the flash tool. It only shows a signaling light of "charging", and pop sound from the pc to which it gets connected, nothing more  Huh. Am kinda worried now.
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
11-10-2022, 03:24 PM
(09-10-2022, 02:09 PM)patrick7 Hello everyone. I kindly need assistance on how to reboot my new device. My phone is Tecno Pop 5 pro bd4j. It's really not turning on after flashing with sp flash tool. I was initially trying to flash stock rom but there was authentication failure, and after trying to bypass authentication with python and bypass utility, I got the message that authentication disabled. Then after flashing with the tool (I excluded preloader), it showed 100% but continued to show red instead of "download complete". I waited like 4mins then disconnected my phone, but since that incident my phone is neither turning on nor be detected by the flash tool. It only shows a signaling light of "charging", and pop sound from the pc to which it gets connected, nothing more  Huh. Am kinda worried now.

Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html
patrick7
patrick7
patrick7
12-10-2022, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the response, I've read the article but unfortunately am kinda more scared right now. I didn't get an immediate response and chose to take the phone to some repair centre a few days later. The person I gave it to has now given it back that he can't repair it, but at the moment even the pop up sound from the pc on usb connection is lost. Should I continue with the recommended guidelines
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-10-2022, 07:03 PM
(12-10-2022, 10:41 AM)patrick7 Thanks for the response, I've read the article but unfortunately am kinda more scared right now. I didn't get an immediate response and chose to take the phone to some repair centre a few days later. The person I gave it to has now given it back that he can't repair it, but at the moment even the pop up sound from the pc on usb connection is lost. Should I continue with the recommended guidelines

Should be easy to fix.
Launch device manager, Connect phone to wall charger for about 5 minutes then connect to PC and hold power button for about 30 seconds
Does device manager refresh?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
patrick7
patrick7
patrick7
12-10-2022, 11:50 PM

(12-10-2022, 07:03 PM)hovatek Should be easy to fix.
Launch device manager, Connect phone to wall charger for about 5 minutes then connect to PC and hold power button for about 30 seconds

Thanks Hovatek. My device has refreshed, though I had to do that quite a number of times. Now my phone can surprisingly be detected by the sp flash tool though it cant turn back on. But the sp flash tool is saying ERR : STATUS_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL (0xC0060001). Not sure what to do next. I also didn't find stock rom for my device mentioned above at Hovatek, and yet flashing this rom am currently having using the above methods caused these issues.
In case the rom is incompatible, how will I be able to tell, could there be well-known trustworthy sources for stock roms of tecno devices
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
13-10-2022, 07:05 AM
(12-10-2022, 11:50 PM)patrick7
(12-10-2022, 07:03 PM)hovatek Should be easy to fix.

Thanks Hovatek. My device has refreshed, though I had to do that quite a number of times. Now my phone can surprisingly be detected by the sp flash tool though it cant turn back on. But the sp flash tool is saying ERR : STATUS_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL (0xC0060001). Not sure what to do next. I also didn't find stock rom for my device mentioned above at Hovatek, and yet flashing this rom am currently having using the above methods caused these issues.
In case the rom is incompatible, how will I be able to tell, could there be well-known trustworthy sources for stock roms of tecno devices

Do you know your previous firmware build number?
patrick7
patrick7
patrick7
13-10-2022, 02:22 PM
I thought taking note of the exact phone model as "tecno pop 5 pro bd4j" would be enough for me to acquire appropriate software.
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
15-10-2022, 06:57 AM
(13-10-2022, 02:22 PM)patrick7 I thought taking note of the exact phone model as "tecno pop 5 pro bd4j" would be enough for me to acquire appropriate software.
Try the firmware @ https://www.mediafire.com/file/nvnnmxv1v...9.zip/file
patrick7
patrick7
patrick7
15-10-2022, 08:59 AM
(15-10-2022, 06:57 AM)Abdulakeem14
(13-10-2022, 02:22 PM)patrick7 I thought taking note of the exact phone model as "tecno pop 5 pro bd4j" would be enough for me to acquire appropriate software.

Please recommend some other tool coz it seems I have failed to use the sp flash tool(gives various errors on various maneuvers. There's a procedure that leads to the authentication error, but disabling authentication with the bypass utility just makes my pc to restart spontaneously, claiming it went into some problem and hence has to restart). 

I also initially tried to use the software download tool with no success(claims da file missing)
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
15-10-2022, 10:44 AM

(15-10-2022, 08:59 AM)patrick7
(15-10-2022, 06:57 AM)Abdulakeem14

Please recommend some other tool coz it seems I have failed to use the sp flash tool(gives various errors on various maneuvers. There's a procedure that leads to the authentication error, but disabling authentication with the bypass utility just makes my pc to restart spontaneously, claiming it went into some problem and hence has to restart). 

I also initially tried to use the software download tool with no success(claims da file missing)

See @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-40866.html
Or try again on another PC