Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android LG G710EAW Partitions Corrupted
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

LG G710EAW Partitions Corrupted

LG G710EAW Partitions Corrupted

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
urover
urover
urover
Enthusiastic Member
01-09-2022, 01:22 AM

Hello forum members!

I have an LG G710EAW (128G Dual-SIM). When I came to the US, I noticed that my international SIMs roamed fine on T-Mobile on the LG G7, but a T-Mobile SIM would connect briefly and go to emergency mode immediately.

After trying a lot of permutations and combinations with SIM cards, I decided to flash the T-Mobile LG G7 firmware (G710TM) onto it, thinking that would make T-Mobile "accept" this phone onto their network. I did this using LGUP software.

However, this totally bricked the phone and it only goes into EDL mode now. Initially, I could see the partitions in QFIL, but after more fiddling, I don't see any partitions either. I basically was trying to restore IMG/BIN files one by one onto the partitions, but somehow screwed it up.

I now have a totally bricked phone and I'm unsure how to restore it. Does anyone here know how to proceed ? Can a full backup of a working G710EAW in QFIL restore my dead phone? I understand IMEI numbers will need restoration as well, but my first priority is to get the phone to work.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-09-2022, 01:36 PM
(01-09-2022, 01:22 AM)urover Hello forum members!

I have an LG G710EAW (128G Dual-SIM). When I came to the US, I noticed that my international SIMs roamed fine on T-Mobile on the LG G7, but a T-Mobile SIM would connect briefly and go to emergency mode immediately.

After trying a lot of permutations and combinations with SIM cards, I decided to flash the T-Mobile LG G7 firmware (G710TM) onto it, thinking that would make T-Mobile "accept" this phone onto their network. I did this using LGUP software.

However, this totally bricked the phone and it only goes into EDL mode now. Initially, I could see the partitions in QFIL, but after more fiddling, I don't see any partitions either. I basically was trying to restore IMG/BIN files one by one onto the partitions, but somehow screwed it up.

I now have a totally bricked phone and I'm unsure how to restore it. Does anyone here know how to proceed ? Can a full backup of a working G710EAW in QFIL restore my dead phone? I understand IMEI numbers will need restoration as well, but my first priority is to get the phone to work.

Do you have a prior QFIL backup from this phone or any other of the same model?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
urover
urover
urover
Enthusiastic Member
05-09-2022, 07:28 PM
(05-09-2022, 01:36 PM)hovatek
(01-09-2022, 01:22 AM)urover Hello forum members!

Do you have a prior QFIL backup from this phone or any other of the same model?

Thank you for responding! Unfortunately, I do not. I've read that a QFIL backup from another phone can help, but I'm unsure of the steps, even if I did find a donor phone or a helpful stranger.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-09-2022, 07:23 PM
(05-09-2022, 07:28 PM)urover Thank you for responding! Unfortunately, I do not. I've read that a QFIL backup from another phone can help, but I'm unsure of the steps, even if I did find a donor phone or a helpful stranger.

This article references your model https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide...e.4213851/

First, use the firehose to backup your fsc, fsg, modem and modemst partitions
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31475.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
urover
urover
urover
Enthusiastic Member
08-09-2022, 06:40 PM

(07-09-2022, 07:23 PM)hovatek
(05-09-2022, 07:28 PM)urover Thank you for responding! Unfortunately, I do not. I've read that a QFIL backup from another phone can help, but I'm unsure of the steps, even if I did find a donor phone or a helpful stranger.

This article references your model https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide...e.4213851/

First, use the firehose to backup your fsc, fsg, modem and modemst partitions
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31475.html

Hi, that XDA article is what I tried. At first, I attempted to restore some of the partitions mentioned in the first half of that article, and then saw if I could boot into fastboot. Nope, that didn't work. Up until this point I could see all the partitions on my LG.

Then, I went ahead and tried the rawprogram/patch approach and for some reason lost all the partitions (wiped the table) and while that process succeeds in QFIL / Miracle BOX, nothing happens after. The phone doesn't revive. I cannot get into fastboot or see anything turn on. Nothing.
urover
urover
urover
Enthusiastic Member
12-09-2022, 04:51 AM
I was able to finally recover my Lg G7. See my comment on XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/solve...t-87422205. I was able to restore my S/N as well as both IMEI numbers.

However, after recovery, the second SIM slot isn't working no matter what combination and networks of SIMs I try (my household has a ton of variety). Only the primary functions.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
13-09-2022, 07:32 PM
(12-09-2022, 04:51 AM)urover I was able to finally recover my Lg G7. See my comment on XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/solve...t-87422205. I was able to restore my S/N as well as both IMEI numbers.

However, after recovery, the second SIM slot isn't working no matter what combination and networks of SIMs I try (my household has a ton of variety). Only the primary functions.

Is there a single-sim variant of this model?
urover
urover
urover
Enthusiastic Member
15-09-2022, 02:53 PM
(13-09-2022, 07:32 PM)maxpayne
(12-09-2022, 04:51 AM)urover I was able to finally recover my Lg G7. See my comment on XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/solve...t-87422205. I was able to restore my S/N as well as both IMEI numbers.

Is there a single-sim variant of this model?

There is no single-sim variant of the G710EAW. 
After a little bit more fiddling with partitions via QFIL, I have "succeeded" in locking the primary SIM as well. None of the SIM trays work for more than a few seconds.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
16-09-2022, 08:23 AM
(15-09-2022, 02:53 PM)urover There is no single-sim variant of the G710EAW. 
After a little bit more fiddling with partitions via QFIL, I have "succeeded" in locking the primary SIM as well. None of the SIM trays work for more than a few seconds.

Look for modem backups for this model and flash
urover
urover
urover
Enthusiastic Member
16-09-2022, 06:55 PM

(16-09-2022, 08:23 AM)maxpayne
(15-09-2022, 02:53 PM)urover There is no single-sim variant of the G710EAW. 

Look for modem backups for this model and flash

The backups I have for 'modem' are from after I flashed TMO firmware. I tried flashing them now but they lead to boot-loops and "Service Disabled" message in the top status bar.

What are my other options in disabling the IMPL lock?
Pages (2): 1 2 Next