Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Infinix SMART 5 X657B DEAD DURING FLASH
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Infinix SMART 5 X657B DEAD DURING FLASH

Infinix SMART 5 X657B DEAD DURING FLASH

KITKATU708
KITKATU708
KITKATU708
Enthusiastic Member
25-08-2022, 02:44 PM

Hi there,

My SMART 5 was restarting, again and again, then I decided to flash it via SP Flash Tool. Please note that I once flashed it about 1 year ago due to some problem and was stuck with the same situation. The situation is that I flashed my mobile via SP Flash Tool with a Custom DA file and got the error "Please disable Verified Boot". I then used mtk bypass which disabled the protection. After bypassing, I tried to flash all the files again and got some DA HASH MISMATCH error in SP Flash Tool, and after that my mobile was dead. Only LED Light is on when plugged into PC or via charger, but there is nothing on the screen. Even not logo and charging symbol.

When I am connecting it to the PC, the device manager shows "MediaTek DA USB VCOM" is connected but SP Flash Tool is not detecting it. Furthermore, I tried using other FLashing tools like SWD AFTERSALES but did not detect the mobile phone.

1 year ago, when I tried to flash and was stuck in this situation, I tried long-pressing keys of the phone while it was plugged in via charger and the battery symbol showed up after some hours of repeating this procedure. But this time, it's not working. I even tried to charge it for about 8 to 10 hours but it didn't work. Furthermore, I tried correct flash files.

So this is the situation, please help me to get back on the phone again.
Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
KITKATU708
KITKATU708
KITKATU708
Enthusiastic Member
26-08-2022, 10:22 PM
I got my phone back with the help of a person near me. He most probably flashed the phone with the dongle because without the dongle Flash tools were not detecting the phone. The problem now is that I am not getting my IMEI, it's unknown. I have IMEI written on the Smart Phone box. I want to write it. The build number is now:

Infinix SMART 5 X657B-H6117EIKL-RGo-OP-S2-220520V1037

Please help me to write IMEI for it.

Thanks!
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
27-08-2022, 12:41 PM
(26-08-2022, 10:22 PM)KITKATU708 I got my phone back with the help of a person near me. He most probably flashed the phone with the dongle because without the dongle Flash tools were not detecting the phone. The problem now is that I am not getting my IMEI, it's unknown. I have IMEI written on the Smart Phone box. I want to write it. The build number is now:

Thanks!

Use this https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31577.html
KITKATU708
KITKATU708
KITKATU708
Enthusiastic Member
27-08-2022, 02:09 PM
(27-08-2022, 12:41 PM)maxpayne
(26-08-2022, 10:22 PM)KITKATU708 I got my phone back with the help of a person near me. He most probably flashed the phone with the dongle because without the dongle Flash tools were not detecting the phone. The problem now is that I am not getting my IMEI, it's unknown. I have IMEI written on the Smart Phone box. I want to write it. The build number is now:

Thanks!

Use this https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31577.html

Thanks for replying. I used this tool. Even a lot of another tools. In this tool, it stuck on Get Kernel Port and did not put the phone in Meta Mode. I used miracle thunder (Downloaded from Hovatek) but it stuck on Downloading Boot 8 and then shows some error of bad boot. 

Furthermore, last night my phone was updated again and now the build number is X657B-H611EIKL-RGo-OP-S2-220820V1076. I couldn't find the ROM of this build.

I don't want to root my phone because I am afraid of boot-loop and red state warning. Additionally, I don't want my phone to be on orange state. So I don't want to try those methods which requires root. I used SN Writer Tool but it shows some AP Meta Mode failed error.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
29-08-2022, 08:39 AM

(27-08-2022, 02:09 PM)KITKATU708 Thanks for replying. I used this tool. Even a lot of another tools. In this tool, it stuck on Get Kernel Port and did not put the phone in Meta Mode. I used miracle thunder (Downloaded from Hovatek) but it stuck on Downloading Boot 8 and then shows some error of bad boot. 

Furthermore, last night my phone was updated again and now the build number is X657B-H611EIKL-RGo-OP-S2-220820V1076. I couldn't find the ROM of this build.

I don't want to root my phone because I am afraid of boot-loop and red state warning. Additionally, I don't want my phone to be on orange state. So I don't want to try those methods which requires root. I used SN Writer Tool but it shows some AP Meta Mode failed error.

Try this method https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-39390.html
KITKATU708
KITKATU708
KITKATU708
Enthusiastic Member
29-08-2022, 10:20 PM
(29-08-2022, 08:39 AM)maxpayne
(27-08-2022, 02:09 PM)KITKATU708 Thanks for replying. I used this tool. Even a lot of another tools. In this tool, it stuck on Get Kernel Port and did not put the phone in Meta Mode. I used miracle thunder (Downloaded from Hovatek) but it stuck on Downloading Boot 8 and then shows some error of bad boot. 

Thanks for sharing this method. But I couldn't find X657B in the list.
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
31-08-2022, 01:49 PM
(29-08-2022, 10:20 PM)KITKATU708
(29-08-2022, 08:39 AM)maxpayne

Thanks for sharing this method. But I couldn't find X657B in the list.

select the modem Infinix X606 regardless of your model
KITKATU708
KITKATU708
KITKATU708
Enthusiastic Member
31-08-2022, 05:08 PM
Thanks all for the reply and support. The problem is solved but in a slightly different way. I opened Aftersales IMEI 1.5.1 which took mobile in META MODE and then opened Modern META latest version and followed the instruction the support from Hovatek gave. But it was not working and I was still stuck at getting Kernel Port. So the method I tried is provided below:

DEVICE: INFINIX SMART 5 X657B

Solution:

1. Open Modern META latest version and select Smart Phone and port as USB and click connect.
2. Power off your device and connect it without holding any button (In some cases you have to hold the vol + key or vol - key like in my case for X57B).
3. This should pass boot in Modern META. Now open Aftersales IMEI 1.5.1 and without doing anything to Modern META, plug out your device from USB and click connect in After sales IMEI tool and without holding any key (NOTE THIS POINT) plug in your device. This should put your phone in META MODE and should automatically pass GET KERNEL Port in Modern META Tool. 
4. From now, follow the steps given by Hovatek to change IMEI in the Modern META tool here: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31577.html

Thanks All Smile