Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] IMIE gone after formatting and re-flashing on Infinix S5 X652 !
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] IMIE gone after formatting and re-flashing on Infinix S5 X652 !

[Please help] IMIE gone after formatting and re-flashing on Infinix S5 X652 !

someone2305
someone2305
someone2305
Techie Member
02-08-2022, 01:22 PM

Hey guys ,

Recently I tried to root my Infinix S5 X652 ,  and succeeded and removed some system apps that I find super sketchy , but some of them were apparently too necessary for the phone to work properly so after a restart , the phone starting boot looping and was bricked , thankfully I was able to reflash stock firmware thanks to the this forum , but after re-flashing I realized my SIM was not longer being detected , after further inspection , turns out the IMEI was gone and sadly I have no backup of my phone's firmware and just have had to use stock firmware available on the internet I have tried some methods , but none seem to work and for some , I just couldn't find the download and proper instructions to use them , using apps like SN writer did nothing even for a single SIM Slot , therefore I am worried I have permanently made my phone useless (other than the SIM and calling functions , everything else seems to work just fine and without any issue whatsoever) , So guys please let me know how to repair / reflash the IMEI so that I can restore the SIM functionality since I mostly need my SIM for OTP's and many apps like WhatsApp wont work without OTP verification and that's quite a loss .. Any help would be highly appreciated !

Thanks in advanced !
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
02-08-2022, 02:42 PM
Edit the nvram and nvdata in scatter txt with notepad and flash back the two including preloader
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
02-08-2022, 02:45 PM
If no backup,use modem meta to fix the imei

https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31577.html
someone2305
someone2305
someone2305
Techie Member
02-08-2022, 02:46 PM
(02-08-2022, 02:42 PM)kelvinchinedu Edit the nvram and nvdata in scatter txt with notepad and flash back the two including preloader
Hey ! 
Appreciate the quick reply !

Actually I don't have the backup nvram and nvdata files as I mentioned so , how can I flash them .. I can surely edit the scatter file , but the files I do not have ..
someone2305
someone2305
someone2305
Techie Member
02-08-2022, 02:47 PM

(02-08-2022, 02:45 PM)kelvinchinedu If no backup,use modem meta to fix the imei

https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31577.html

Thanks ! 

I'll try the instructions and let you know how it goes!
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
02-08-2022, 03:16 PM
Try and see the outcome

But minad u some of the downloaded firmware on the internet comes from a phone backup and must of them have imei on it

Open the scatter file and go nvram and change download=false to download=true
And also file name to nvram
Also do that to the other
This post was last modified: 02-08-2022, 03:18 PM by kelvinchinedu.
someone2305
someone2305
someone2305
Techie Member
02-08-2022, 03:44 PM
(02-08-2022, 03:16 PM)kelvinchinedu Try and see the outcome

But minad u some of the downloaded firmware on the internet comes from a phone backup and must of them have imei on it

To be fair , the phone I have belongs to me and I have all the original box and items that came with it , meaning I do have the original IMIE numbers for my device but that's about all I have as a backup , and the firmware I am using does not have the nvram or nvdata partitions , so i think this method will not work , I'll just stick with the Modem Meta method and see if it works . I'll keep you updated !

Thanks for sticking around !
someone2305
someone2305
someone2305
Techie Member
02-08-2022, 04:15 PM
(02-08-2022, 03:16 PM)kelvinchinedu Try and see the outcome

DUUUDEEE !!

Dude do you know , you are a frickin life saver !

The Modem META method actually worked and my SIM is functioning back again !!!

Dude many many thanks to you and the Hovatek team !!!

You guys are absolutely awesome !!!

Thank you soo so much . You basically revived my phone about 8 times and and its finally fully recovered !!

Hovetek.com is truly the best site for all phone related things !
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
02-08-2022, 07:35 PM
Dear friend,thanks for coming back to show appreciation.
I can also enroll in the software training by clicking the enroll botton