Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Cracking private key of SC7731E?
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Cracking private key of SC7731E?

Cracking private key of SC7731E?

Bergamot
Bergamot
Bergamot
Enthusiastic Member
06-07-2022, 08:57 AM

I'm trying to unlock the bootloader of INOI 2 Lite 2021, 16 GB variant
Following instructions from https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32287.html. At "fastboot flash unlock_bootloader signature.bin" it throws out the infamous "Flashing Lock Flag is locked. Please unlock it first!" error. Other common fastboot commands for unlocking don't seem to work in my case. Sad
From what I read here, this usually means that it's locked with a different private key. I've tried contacting OEM's support asking me to give it and got a response that they "don't disclose such information" (duh).
Is there still something left I can do (except messing around with Research/Download tool)? Like, can I try bruteforcing that key somehow?
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
08-07-2022, 11:08 AM
(06-07-2022, 08:57 AM)Bergamot I'm trying to unlock the bootloader of INOI 2 Lite 2021, 16 GB variant
Following instructions from https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32287.html. At "fastboot flash unlock_bootloader signature.bin" it throws out the infamous "Flashing Lock Flag is locked. Please unlock it first!" error. Other common fastboot commands for unlocking don't seem to work in my case. Sad
From what I read here, this usually means that it's locked with a different private key. I've tried contacting OEM's support asking me to give it and got a response that they "don't disclose such information" (duh).
Is there still something left I can do (except messing around with Research/Download tool)? Like, can I try bruteforcing that key somehow?

Is the pac file you have confirmed to work for your phone?
Bergamot
Bergamot
Bergamot
Enthusiastic Member
08-07-2022, 09:14 PM
(08-07-2022, 11:08 AM)maxpayne
(06-07-2022, 08:57 AM)Bergamot I'm trying to unlock the bootloader of INOI 2 Lite 2021, 16 GB variant

Is the pac file you have confirmed to work for your phone?

No, not confirmed. Some people on 4PDA claim that they get white screen after flashing it. Contents of it differ from what I have preinstalled on my phone, so it's either for another model variant or older version and downgrading causes issues (yes, that's the firmware from the official site). I haven't tried flashing it; I guess I need to backup my existing partitions first, but how?
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
11-07-2022, 01:01 PM
(08-07-2022, 09:14 PM)Bergamot No, not confirmed. Some people on 4PDA claim that they get white screen after flashing it. Contents of it differ from what I have preinstalled on my phone, so it's either for another model variant or older version and downgrading causes issues (yes, that's the firmware from the official site). I haven't tried flashing it; I guess I need to backup my existing partitions first, but how?

You could try https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31800.html
Bergamot
Bergamot
Bergamot
Enthusiastic Member
11-07-2022, 11:46 PM

(11-07-2022, 01:01 PM)maxpayne
(08-07-2022, 09:14 PM)Bergamot No, not confirmed. Some people on 4PDA claim that they get white screen after flashing it. Contents of it differ from what I have preinstalled on my phone, so it's either for another model variant or older version and downgrading causes issues (yes, that's the firmware from the official site). I haven't tried flashing it; I guess I need to backup my existing partitions first, but how?

You could try https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31800.html

That bricked my device somehow (it'd get stuck on bootlogo and wouldn't even enter fastboot, which forced me to find an actually working stock .pac - it wasn't easy to find and I'm surprised it's findable at all). Anyway, I'm now left with a fully stock device. Still got no idea how to unlock the bootloader.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
13-07-2022, 09:31 AM
(11-07-2022, 11:46 PM)Bergamot That bricked my device somehow (it'd get stuck on bootlogo and wouldn't even enter fastboot, which forced me to find an actually working stock .pac - it wasn't easy to find and I'm surprised it's findable at all). Anyway, I'm now left with a fully stock device. Still got no idea how to unlock the bootloader.

Share the link in case someone else needs it
Bergamot
Bergamot
Bergamot
Enthusiastic Member
13-07-2022, 11:09 AM
Regarding the firmware:
The Yandex.Disk link here (INOI_2_Lite_2021_V2.0_08282020.zip) assumingly points to firmware to this device, but flashing it causes a persistent white screen for me. (The phone seems to be intended to be sold on Russian and maybe also Belarusian markets only, which is why this page is in Russian only).

There's also this, this time not mentioning "16GB" (another variant of this phone has 8GB of ROM - not sure if the same firmware is supposed to be used with it too? I have my 16GB detected by Android correctly with it). Files listed here are INOI_2_Lite_2021_V3.0_09112020(20201010).zip, j106_31e_fwvga_xiaomifeng_t2_318_fakeflash_pmiccharge_64_8_INOI_2_Lite_2021_userdebug_q_new_2021_04_15_15_47.rar ("V4") and INOI_2_Lite_2021_V5.0_03052021.zip.

V(x) seems to be not the software version but rather which hardware revision it's built for. The V4 is the only one that fixed white screen for me. (Screen flickers during initial setup. Not sure why it's like that, changing brightness to a darker value and back fixes it).

Built-in bloatware can be uninstalled with appropriate drivers (CWM Universal ADB Drivers should work - I don't remember which ones I used last time) and adb (instructions), but the stock ROM still sucks

Oh, and by the way, I have "INOI_2_Lite_2021_V5.0_03052021" as build number in About phone after flashing what's supposed to be V4 and info on sticker under battery says my phone's been manufactured in July 2021, so maybe V4 and V5 have the same Android build but something slightly different in other parts of firmware because V5 causes white screen for me too.

(if you can't get through adwall, two first links can be found by googling "прошивка inoi 2 lite 2021" and including russian sites in results, they should point to inoi.zendesk.com)