Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Xiaomi Redmi 9A won´t boot after interruped flashing with SP Flash tool
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Xiaomi Redmi 9A won´t boot after interruped flashing with SP Flash tool

Xiaomi Redmi 9A won´t boot after interruped flashing with SP Flash tool

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
KhoDialga
KhoDialga
KhoDialga
12-06-2022, 11:56 PM

Good day everyone, this morning I got stuck on a bootloop with my phone without being able to access neither fastboot nor recovery mode. I attempted to flash the default rom with SP Flash Tool and bypassing Mediatek´s authorization, but in the middle of flashing, the process got interrupted by an error. Now I´m out of the bootloop, but the phone won´t turn on. If it couldn´t get worse, whenever I connected the phone to my PC, it would fail to recognize the device and say that it isn´t working. I´m also unable to set up the libusb filter. What can I do? I bought this just a week ago, so I think I can still get my phone replaced with warranty, but I don´t really want to resort to that. What can I do?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-06-2022, 08:54 AM
(12-06-2022, 11:56 PM)KhoDialga Good day everyone, this morning I got stuck on a bootloop with my phone without being able to access neither fastboot nor recovery mode. I attempted to flash the default rom with SP Flash Tool and bypassing Mediatek´s authorization, but in the middle of flashing, the process got interrupted by an error. Now I´m out of the bootloop, but the phone won´t turn on. If it couldn´t get worse, whenever I connected the phone to my PC, it would fail to recognize the device and say that it isn´t working. I´m also unable to set up the libusb filter. What can I do? I bought this just a week ago, so I think I can still get my phone replaced with warranty, but I don´t really want to resort to that. What can I do?

Try hold Power + Volume down for 30 second then retry. If that fails, disconnect and reconnect the battery.
Refer to https://hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
KhoDialga
KhoDialga
KhoDialga
13-06-2022, 02:16 PM
(13-06-2022, 08:54 AM)hovatek Try hold Power + Volume down for 30 second then retry. If that fails, disconnect and reconnect the battery.
Refer to https://hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html

Just tried to do the Power + Volume down solution and nothing happened. I tried connecting and disconnecting the battery yesterday, but a bunch of stripped screws were in the way.
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
13-06-2022, 03:10 PM
Best way is to disconnect and reconnect the battery ?
KhoDialga
KhoDialga
KhoDialga
14-06-2022, 01:08 AM

(13-06-2022, 03:10 PM)kelvinchinedu Best way is to disconnect and reconnect the battery ?

I tried dissasembling the phone to remove the battery, but some stripped screws were in the way of the battery and I don't have the tools to remove them, so I'll wait before I can get them. On that note, how much time do you think it'll take to revive the phone via a wall charger? It has a 5000 mAh battery, so it will probably take a good while. Hopefully it takes less than a week, I started charing it last night and I just checked it and it hasn't turned on.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-06-2022, 08:37 AM
(14-06-2022, 01:08 AM)KhoDialga I tried dissasembling the phone to remove the battery, but some stripped screws were in the way of the battery and I don't have the tools to remove them, so I'll wait before I can get them. On that note, how much time do you think it'll take to revive the phone via a wall charger? It has a 5000 mAh battery, so it will probably take a good while. Hopefully it takes less than a week, I started charing it last night and I just checked it and it hasn't turned on.

Don't charge it. Just leave it for about 24 hours then retry flashing at 24-hour intervals

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
KhoDialga
KhoDialga
KhoDialga
14-06-2022, 01:06 PM
(14-06-2022, 08:37 AM)hovatek Don't charge it. Just leave it for about 24 hours then retry flashing at 24-hour intervals

I don't know how I would go by flashing it, since under Windows 11, it shows up a USB device not recognized error, and under Linux it doesn't even show up while running lsusb. Should I try just connecting it to different ports?
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
14-06-2022, 10:35 PM
(14-06-2022, 01:06 PM)KhoDialga
(14-06-2022, 08:37 AM)hovatek Don't charge it. Just leave it for about 24 hours then retry flashing at 24-hour intervals

I don't know how I would go by flashing it, since under Windows 11, it shows up a USB device not recognized error, and under Linux it doesn't even show up while running lsusb. Should I try just connecting it to different ports?

Which is the reason why it's preferable to disconnect/reconnect the battery. Since you can't do that then leave for about 24 hours as said, retry flashing after that
KhoDialga
KhoDialga
KhoDialga
14-06-2022, 11:24 PM
(14-06-2022, 10:35 PM)Abdulakeem14 Which is the reason why it's preferable to disconnect/reconnect the battery. Since you can't do that then leave for about 24 hours as said, retry flashing after that

Okay I'll try that again. Just to be clear, do I need to have it connected to a PC or can it be connected to a wall?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-06-2022, 07:53 AM

(14-06-2022, 11:24 PM)KhoDialga Okay I'll try that again. Just to be clear, do I need to have it connected to a PC or can it be connected to a wall?

Wall preferably but don't leave it connected to power. Just leave it to drain, don't connect to charger

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next