Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android TWRP Porting - Display, Touch Rotation Problem
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

TWRP Porting - Display, Touch Rotation Problem

TWRP Porting - Display, Touch Rotation Problem

18-05-2022, 01:18 AM

Hello there. I'm new to this forum. I've been wanting to learn TWRP porting for a long time. Using Carliv Image Kitchen program, I have managed to port TWRP to 3-4 phones without any problems so far. I currently have a device. This is a tablet and its processor is Speadtrum 7731c, branded as "Reeder". Android version 6.0.

First I ported twrp using Carliv Image Kitchen. TWRP screen did not come, but TWRP functions and touch were working without any problems. I was even able to open the sideload via adb and perform the operations I wanted. I haven't been able to solve the problem.

Then I found "[Hovatek] Qualcomm Auto TWRP Recovery Porter V1.2 by Team Hovatek" tool. When I traded with this program, I reached the TWRP screen. But there is still one more problem. There is a 90 degree difference between the screen image and the touchscreen. While the TWRP screen is horizontal, the touchscreen works vertically. It can also be used this way, but I'm looking for a solution to this problem. What suggestion can you make about it?

I searched the internet and found the following results, but I came across the following situations.

1- Information: Open the .twrps file in the TWRP folder in the main directory with a text editor and set tw_rotation 0.
Result: When I open the .twrps file with notepad++, it does not open completely, some characters cannot be displayed, but I still made tw_rotation 0 between the codes there, still I could not reach a result. Because every time I restart TWRP the .twrps file is regenerated.

2- Information: Open the file named default.prop with the text editor and set the value ro.sf.hwrotation=270 to ro.sf.hwrotation=0.
Result: When I do this and re-flash TWRP, nothing changes.

3- Information: Replacing the files named portrait.xml, splash.xml, twrp and ui.xml in the twres folder with the appropriate files
Result: I couldn't find the right files. I have twrp files that work fine on other tablets. I took the files named portrait.xml, splash.xml, twrp and ui.xml from those TWRP files and tried them. The TWRP screen is completely gone.

As a result, the same problem still persists. I look forward to your help in this matter. Thank you very much in advance.
18-05-2022, 01:25 AM
If it is a more suitable place, could you please send this topic to the android development section?
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
21-05-2022, 11:45 AM
(18-05-2022, 01:18 AM)teknolojiazmani Hello there. I'm new to this forum. I've been wanting to learn TWRP porting for a long time. Using Carliv Image Kitchen program, I have managed to port TWRP to 3-4 phones without any problems so far. I currently have a device. This is a tablet and its processor is Speadtrum 7731c, branded as "Reeder". Android version 6.0.

This is Spreadtrum. Why are you using the Qualcomm tool not the spd one
03-06-2022, 11:11 PM
(21-05-2022, 11:45 AM)maxpayne
(18-05-2022, 01:18 AM)teknolojiazmani Hello there. I'm new to this forum. I've been wanting to learn TWRP porting for a long time. Using Carliv Image Kitchen program, I have managed to port TWRP to 3-4 phones without any problems so far. I currently have a device. This is a tablet and its processor is Speadtrum 7731c, branded as "Reeder". Android version 6.0.

This is Spreadtrum. Why are you using the Qualcomm tool not the spd one

Yes, as you said, I made a mistake there. But after seeing your warning, I tried with all versions of "Speadtrum auto twrp recovery" but I am facing the same problem in all of them.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
04-06-2022, 07:26 AM

(03-06-2022, 11:11 PM)teknolojiazmani Yes, as you said, I made a mistake there. But after seeing your warning, I tried with all versions of "Speadtrum auto twrp recovery" but I am facing the same problem in all of them.

If you are using a recovery.img for your exact build number and you are still getting this then you need TWRP to be manually ported for you
This post was last modified: 04-06-2022, 07:27 AM by maxpayne.
04-06-2022, 09:59 AM
(04-06-2022, 07:26 AM)maxpayne If you are using a recovery.img for your exact build number and you are still getting this then you need TWRP to be manually ported for you

Can you help me with this? Actually I did a few twrps manually before I saw the "Hovatek Auto TWRP Porter" program, but this device makes itself landscape no matter what. It's the first time I've encountered something like this. I shared the stock recovery file in the link below. I would be very grateful if you could help.

Stock Recovery
https://disk.yandex.com.tr/d/_g8hRv7-4-C-5w