Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android LG V500N Diagnostic Mode by Hidden Code
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

LG V500N Diagnostic Mode by Hidden Code

LG V500N Diagnostic Mode by Hidden Code

moeinbiz
moeinbiz
moeinbiz
Enthusiastic Member
11-02-2022, 06:26 PM

I have activated Diag Port on LG V50 Korean version (V500N) by dialing *#546368#*500# then SVC Menu and enabling Port Check Test but still Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9008 won't show up on device manager but still I can see LGE Mobile USB Diagnostic Port on device manager and QFil even while Port Check Test is disabled and QCN file backup finish successfully sized only 55KB. Also it doesn't contain any IMEI. (opened in HxD)
Do I need to root my device and try adb method? Is Port Check Test something else or I need to do something more to enable it as for V40UA here: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32844.html

Qualcomm usb drivers already installed and Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 display when its on EDL mode.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-02-2022, 11:29 AM
(11-02-2022, 06:26 PM)moeinbiz I have activated Diag Port on LG V50 Korean version (V500N) by dialing *#546368#*500# then SVC Menu and enabling Port Check Test but still Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9008 won't show up on device manager but still I can see LGE Mobile USB Diagnostic Port on device manager and QFil even while Port Check Test is disabled and QCN file backup finish successfully sized only 55KB. Also it doesn't contain any IMEI. (opened in HxD)
Do I need to root my device and try adb method? Is Port Check Test something else or I need to do something more to enable it as for V40UA here: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32844.html

Qualcomm usb drivers already installed and Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 display when its on EDL mode.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
moeinbiz
moeinbiz
moeinbiz
Enthusiastic Member
14-02-2022, 01:17 PM
(14-02-2022, 11:29 AM)hovatek
(11-02-2022, 06:26 PM)moeinbiz I have activated Diag Port on LG V50 Korean version (V500N) by dialing *#546368#*500# then SVC Menu and enabling Port Check Test but still Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9008 won't show up on device manager but still I can see LGE Mobile USB Diagnostic Port on device manager and QFil even while Port Check Test is disabled and QCN file backup finish successfully sized only 55KB. Also it doesn't contain any IMEI. (opened in HxD)

What exactly are you trying to achieve?
I want to change IMEI by QCN file or get a NV backup before changing by PDM method in case of any error happened.
Also recently downgraded from android 11 to android 10 because I was firstly decided to change IMEI by a repair box that they've mentioned method is working only on android 9 and 10.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-02-2022, 02:45 PM
(14-02-2022, 01:17 PM)moeinbiz I want to change IMEI by QCN file or get a NV backup before changing by PDM method in case of any error happened.
Also recently downgraded from android 11 to android 10 because I was firstly decided to change IMEI by a repair box that they've mentioned method is working only on android 9 and 10.

We don't provide support for changing IMEI.
If you wish to deal with QCN then you should be in Diag mode, not EDL

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
moeinbiz
moeinbiz
moeinbiz
Enthusiastic Member
18-02-2022, 08:55 PM

(16-02-2022, 02:45 PM)hovatek
(14-02-2022, 01:17 PM)moeinbiz I want to change IMEI by QCN file or get a NV backup before changing by PDM method in case of any error happened.

We don't provide support for changing IMEI.
If you wish to deal with QCN then you should be in Diag mode, not EDL
I want to repair my phone's IMEI and there are two methods by QCN or PDM. As you mentioned for QCN I need to be in Diag mode but my phone didn't detect in device manager as Qualcomm Diag mode. I just mentioned EDL mode to prove I have installed Qualcomm drivers.
I have an extra device named LGE diag port for LG V500N whatever the Port Check Test enabled or disabled, and I have nothing include diag port or diag mode for LG V409N whatever this port enabled or disabled from LG Service Menu.
And for PDM I prefer to get a backup before changing that because in this strange situation the IMEI repairing may go wrong.
I hope my description is clear enough this time in addition to first port.
Sorry for prolonging.
This post was last modified: 18-02-2022, 08:55 PM by moeinbiz.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-02-2022, 07:45 PM
(18-02-2022, 08:55 PM)moeinbiz I want to repair my phone's IMEI and there are two methods by QCN or PDM. As you mentioned for QCN I need to be in Diag mode but my phone didn't detect in device manager as Qualcomm Diag mode. I just mentioned EDL mode to prove I have installed Qualcomm drivers.
I have an extra device named LGE diag port for LG V500N whatever the Port Check Test enabled or disabled, and I have nothing include diag port or diag mode for LG V409N whatever this port enabled or disabled from LG Service Menu.
And for PDM I prefer to get a backup before changing that because in this strange situation the IMEI repairing may go wrong.
Sorry for prolonging.

Can I see a screenshot of your device manager when the phone is connected
This post was last modified: 19-02-2022, 07:52 PM by hovatek.

Note!
moeinbiz
moeinbiz
moeinbiz
Enthusiastic Member
20-02-2022, 08:42 PM
(19-02-2022, 07:45 PM)hovatek
(18-02-2022, 08:55 PM)moeinbiz I want to repair my phone's IMEI and there are two methods by QCN or PDM. As you mentioned for QCN I need to be in Diag mode but my phone didn't detect in device manager as Qualcomm Diag mode. I just mentioned EDL mode to prove I have installed Qualcomm drivers.
Sorry for prolonging.

Can I see a screenshot of your device manager when the phone is connected

Port Check Test enabled on service menu
USB Debugging and OEM Unlock enabled
Tried different USB cables
The phone is in file transfer mode.
Tried every Qualcomm driver pack found on web and currently Qualcomm USB Drivers 1.00.37 is installed.
Windows 10 64-bit Enterprise in Test Mode
This post was last modified: 20-02-2022, 08:45 PM by moeinbiz.
Attached Files
.jpg
Device Manager.jpg
Size: 111.99 KB / Downloads: 6
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-02-2022, 09:22 AM
(20-02-2022, 08:42 PM)moeinbiz Port Check Test enabled on service menu
Tried every Qualcomm driver pack found on web and currently Qualcomm USB Drivers 1.00.37 is installed.

From your screenshot and OP, QFIL can detect your device in Diag mode and you should be able to backup QCN as you said but you said you didn't find any IMEI. Hope you know the IMEI won't appear in plain text
Have you tried going via the TWRP route to backup QCN?

Note!
moeinbiz
moeinbiz
moeinbiz
Enthusiastic Member
27-02-2022, 09:59 PM
(21-02-2022, 09:22 AM)hovatek
(20-02-2022, 08:42 PM)moeinbiz Port Check Test enabled on service menu

From your screenshot and OP, QFIL can detect your device in Diag mode and you should be able to backup QCN as you said but you said you didn't find any IMEI. Hope you know the IMEI won't appear in plain text
Have you tried going via the TWRP route to backup QCN?

QFIL can detect but the file clearly isn't complete, the size seems too small and as described in original post can't find encoded IMEI in that. (Tried encoded IMEI using HxD and also tried other apps and all failed to find any IMEI)
I didn't tried to unlock bootloader and root device yet.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-03-2022, 11:22 AM

(27-02-2022, 09:59 PM)moeinbiz QFIL can detect but the file clearly isn't complete, the size seems too small and as described in original post can't find encoded IMEI in that. (Tried encoded IMEI using HxD and also tried other apps and all failed to find any IMEI)
I didn't tried to unlock bootloader and root device yet.

Can you get another V500N's QCN dump to compare with yours?

Note!