Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Ulefone Note 10(unisoc sc9863a) - How to Flash TWRP Recovery
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Ulefone Note 10(unisoc sc9863a) - How to Flash TWRP Recovery

Ulefone Note 10(unisoc sc9863a) - How to Flash TWRP Recovery

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Sharoo
Sharoo
Sharoo
30-01-2022, 09:19 AM

Hello

I have this phone which is running on android 11 - Go Edition

I would have manage to unlock this bootloader using this guide → How to unlock Unisoc (SPD) bootloader using Identifier Token (hovatek.com)

Am trying to flash a custom recovery using 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img' and this error;

D:\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery D:\android-sdk\platform-tools\recovery.img
Sending 'recovery' (14538 KB)                      OKAY [  0.361s]
Writing 'recovery'                                FAILED (Status read failed (Too many links))
fastboot: error: Command failed

When I try booting directly I get this error;

D:\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot boot D:\android-sdk\platform-tools\recovery.img
Sending 'boot.img' (14538 KB)                      OKAY [  0.340s]
Booting                                            FAILED (Status read failed (Too many links))

I have connected the device to SPD Research Download Tool, and from the GQ3276-BH1_ZNL615_Ulefone_20211013_V12(Non-EU).pac file I cannot see the recovery partition on the 'Main Page' tab and 'Flash Operations' tab

My issues are;

1. How do I backup the current recovery partition
  2. How to boot into a custom recovery(CWM,TWRP, ...)

Your assistance is much appreciated in advance
Attached Files
.png
spd_tool_pac.png
Size: 97.48 KB / Downloads: 28
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
31-01-2022, 05:07 PM
(30-01-2022, 09:19 AM)Sharoo Hello

I would have manage to unlock this bootloader using this guide → How to unlock Unisoc (SPD) bootloader using Identifier Token (hovatek.com)

Am trying to flash a custom recovery using 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img' and this error;

D:\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery D:\android-sdk\platform-tools\recovery.img
Writing 'recovery'                                FAILED (Status read failed (Too many links))

D:\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot boot D:\android-sdk\platform-tools\recovery.img
Booting                                            FAILED (Status read failed (Too many links))

I have connected the device to SPD Research Download Tool, and from the GQ3276-BH1_ZNL615_Ulefone_20211013_V12(Non-EU).pac file I cannot see the recovery partition on the 'Main Page' tab and 'Flash Operations' tab

My issues are;

Have you tried changing the USB cable
Use a different USB port
Update your adb drivers?
Sharoo
Sharoo
Sharoo
03-02-2022, 05:50 AM
(31-01-2022, 05:07 PM)Abdulakeem14

My issues are;

Have you tried changing the USB cable
Use a different USB port
Update your adb drivers?
Sure;

I have change the cable, am using the latest platform-tools, and running macOS terminal
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-02-2022, 07:31 AM

Android 11; you should be flashing it to the boot partition

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Sharoo
Sharoo
Sharoo
05-02-2022, 02:33 PM

Interesting, so do I flash the recovery.img to boot.img or how do I go about it

Can you share some guide or link to a post I can follow ..
blaze2051
blaze2051
blaze2051
06-02-2022, 12:48 AM
@hovatek

correct me if im wrong but on android 11 you have to use fastbootd not the regular fastboot(bootloader)

And if you flash recovery.img to boot partition you could end up bricking the device because the boot.img has booting kernels that the recovery.img do not have on and android 11 device, the boot.img aka the boot partition has recovery built into it.

the correct way to flash twrp on to a AB dynamic device as i understand it would be to use fastboot to boot the twrp-recovery.img then using the install to ramdisk option once twrp boots up to patch the boot.img.

again correct me if im wrong, i have tried to boot twrp using the commnad - fastboot boot twrp.img to temporarily boot twrp on my unisoc device but it does not take.
This post was last modified: 06-02-2022, 01:01 AM by blaze2051.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-02-2022, 08:01 AM
(06-02-2022, 12:48 AM)blaze2051 @hovatek

correct me if im wrong but on android 11 you have to use fastbootd not the regular fastboot(bootloader)

And if you flash recovery.img to boot partition you could end up bricking the device because the boot.img has booting kernels that the recovery.img do not have on and android 11 device, the boot.img aka the boot partition has recovery built into it.

the correct way to flash twrp on to a AB dynamic device as i understand it would be to use fastboot to boot the twrp-recovery.img then using the install to ramdisk option once twrp boots up to patch the boot.img.

again correct me if im wrong, i have tried to boot twrp using the commnad - fastboot boot twrp.img to temporarily boot twrp on my unisoc device but it does not take.

You are not wrong. You'll still be dealing with the boot partition. Not all models seem to support booting but try in both fastboot and fastbootd

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
blaze2051
blaze2051
blaze2051
06-02-2022, 08:58 AM
@hovatek @hovatek

I have tried both fastboot give error = too many links and fastbootd gives error unrecognized command
This post was last modified: 06-02-2022, 08:59 AM by blaze2051.
Attached Files
.png
cmd_2022-02-05_16-02-10.png
Size: 37.98 KB / Downloads: 16
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-02-2022, 08:23 AM
(06-02-2022, 08:58 AM)blaze2051 @hovatek @hovatek

I have tried both fastboot give error = too many links and fastbootd gives error unrecognized command

If you're using the latest fastboot then that rules booting out

Note!
Sharoo
Sharoo
Sharoo
19-09-2022, 07:38 PM

I am still stuck with this issue

"./fastboot boot recover.img" appears to be working other devices.

I have tried on Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 and it boots well

On Ulefone Tab A7 with the same Unisoc sc9863a chipset fails;

downloading 'boot.img' ...
booting...
FAILED (status read failed(Broken pipe))
finished. total time: 12.246s
Pages (2): 1 2 Next