Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Tecno camon x gsi
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Tecno camon x gsi

Tecno camon x gsi

Arapu
Arapu
Arapu
03-12-2021, 04:50 PM

Hello guys, I need your help
I am using Tecno camon x and I have seen some articles about successful gsi flashing but I wasn't successful.
I tried to flash android 11 gsi but just kept going back to fast boot
I tried to flash android 10 gsi but couldn't pass the Tecno 1st boot logo. Just kept rebooting.
I tried to flash android 9 gsi but couldn't pass the android logo after the Tecno one.

I have unlocked bootloader.
Patched boot img with magisk
Installed twrp but only get 2 options when flashing imgs (boot and recovery).
I have also removed verify using fast boot.

All flashed with fast boot.
I really would like to get at least android 9 working can someone help me out please... Thanks in advance.
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
03-12-2021, 05:17 PM
(03-12-2021, 04:50 PM)Arapu Hello guys, I need your help
I am using Tecno camon x and I have seen some articles about successful gsi flashing but I wasn't successful.
I tried to flash android 10 gsi but couldn't pass the Tecno 1st boot logo. Just kept rebooting.
I tried to flash android 9 gsi but couldn't pass the android logo after the Tecno one.

I really would like to get at least android 9 working can someone help me out please... Thanks in advance.
You can try flashing empty vbmeta
Arapu
Arapu
Arapu
04-12-2021, 05:11 AM
I tried flashing empty vbmeta but fastboot said no partition found
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
04-12-2021, 09:33 AM
(03-12-2021, 04:50 PM)Arapu Hello guys, I need your help

Are you flashing the same GSI that someone with this same model has confirmed works? Flash in fastboootd instead of fastboot and do a factory reset after flashing the GSI
Arapu
Arapu
Arapu
04-12-2021, 11:52 AM

Ok I'll try this thanks
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
05-12-2021, 08:04 AM
If u want to get options to flash many partition in TWRP ,just unpack the TWRP and open ramdisk/recovery-fstab and edit with note pad or esfile and add the partition u want.like add this line near their respective column
/recovery_image emmc /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/recovery flags=display="recovery";backup=1;flashimg=1

Do that for the rest .and make sure u using compatible GSI and wipe,darvick,cache,system and data before flashing and also flash pemmiser5.
Is u are using android 9 stock and aarc64 pls download arm64 A/b GSI .
This post was last modified: 05-12-2021, 08:08 AM by kelvinchinedu.
Arapu
Arapu
Arapu
07-12-2021, 06:00 PM
If you are using TECNO CAMON X (CA7) and have managed to flash GSI android 10 or 9 please help me with step-by-step instructions so that I can also try to.
And which android 8 GSI ROM works on this phone because I can only flash AOSP v32 I think all the rest I have tried have failed.
please help.
Thank you.