Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [URGENT] I need assistance unbricking TECNO CAMON 11
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[URGENT] I need assistance unbricking TECNO CAMON 11

[URGENT] I need assistance unbricking TECNO CAMON 11

narco254
narco254
narco254
30-11-2021, 11:57 AM

I have a problematic client device, a Tecno Camon 11 which would get stuck on "android is starting" even after a hard reset. I tried to solve the issue by charging the phone to 100% and then flashing CF7-H399BCDEFH-O-191012V228 Firmware from https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-25781.html using fastboot erase and fastboot flash commands. The files I flashed were corrupted or incompatible to the device (preloader, loader, recovery, boot, system & vendor images) since the phone no longer boots at all and I assume it is totally bricked. Pressing the power button or any combination of side buttons does not do anything. The phone is completely unresponsive, the screen is totally black and does not even show the charge battery icon when plugged in, only the LED works. The device can no longer boot to recovery or fastboot, but when plugged to a PC you can hear the connect-disconnect sound after every 30 seconds.
I installed Lib-USB and used it to install a filter for MTK-USB, and downloaded bypass-utility-master in an attempt to disable protection. I successfully ran the python script and disabled protection on the device, then downloaded (CF7-H399BCDEFH-O-190107V170) [Factory / Signed] Firmware and attempted to download the files on the device using SPFlash tool, however I get an error ERROR: STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL (0xC0060005) with no hints when I try to download the firmware. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery and running the download but it does not work, neither does running the tool without a battery connected, or switching the tool connection from USB to UART. I have tried using SPflash tool on ubuntu as well but I get a similar error, STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL (-1073348603) , MSP ERROE CODE : 0x00.
I have been going through the forum questions and answers provided looking for a solution but nothing so far seems to work on my end.
Is there a way to revive this device and get it running again? @Hovatek , @X3non, @xerxes
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot from 2021-11-30 13-31-00.png
Size: 347.8 KB / Downloads: 4
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
30-11-2021, 05:56 PM
(30-11-2021, 11:57 AM)narco254 I have a problematic client device, a Tecno Camon 11 which would get stuck on "android is starting" even after a hard reset. I tried to solve the issue by charging the phone to 100% and then flashing CF7-H399BCDEFH-O-191012V228 Firmware from https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-25781.html using fastboot erase and fastboot flash commands. The files I flashed were corrupted or incompatible to the device (preloader, loader, recovery, boot, system & vendor images) since the phone no longer boots at all and I assume it is totally bricked. Pressing the power button or any combination of side buttons does not do anything. The phone is completely unresponsive, the screen is totally black and does not even show the charge battery icon when plugged in, only the LED works. The device can no longer boot to recovery or fastboot, but when plugged to a PC you can hear the connect-disconnect sound after every 30 seconds.
I installed Lib-USB and used it to install a filter for MTK-USB, and downloaded bypass-utility-master in an attempt to disable protection. I successfully ran the python script and disabled protection on the device, then downloaded (CF7-H399BCDEFH-O-190107V170) [Factory / Signed] Firmware and attempted to download the files on the device using SPFlash tool, however I get an error ERROR: STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL (0xC0060005) with no hints when I try to download the firmware. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery and running the download but it does not work, neither does running the tool without a battery connected, or switching the tool connection from USB to UART. I have tried using SPflash tool on ubuntu as well but I get a similar error, STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL (-1073348603) , MSP ERROE CODE : 0x00.
I have been going through the forum questions and answers provided looking for a solution but nothing so far seems to work on my end.
Is there a way to revive this device and get it running again? @Hovatek , @X3non, @xerxes
have you tried the DA @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23243.html ?
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
01-12-2021, 05:59 PM
Hold power button and Plug ur phone to PC for 30 second or I minute and see if your PC detectes it in preloader form,if fail try if u can be able to remove ur battery without issue and flash without battery