Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Twrp
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Twrp

Twrp

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Arapu
Arapu
Arapu
28-11-2021, 10:11 PM

Hey hovatek team, i would like to thank you guys for all the help that you offer us. can I port twrp for tecno camon x using an older build number than the on I have. because I have tried to back up my rom but I keep getting an error on the first readback
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-11-2021, 08:22 AM
(28-11-2021, 10:11 PM)Arapu Hey hovatek team, i would like to thank you guys for all the help that you offer us. can I port twrp for tecno camon x using an older build number than the on I have. because I have tried to back up my rom but I keep getting an error on the first readback

It might work but there's always a chance that it doesn't or you run into a few issues

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ralegend
Ralegend
Ralegend
Enthusiastic Member
30-11-2021, 08:30 AM
(30-11-2021, 08:22 AM)hovatek
(28-11-2021, 10:11 PM)Arapu Hey hovatek team, i would like to thank you guys for all the help that you offer us. can I port twrp for tecno camon x using an older build number than the on I have. because I have tried to back up my rom but I keep getting an error on the first readback

It might work but there's always a chance that it doesn't or you run into a few issues

Hi hovatek.
I am trying to root my Samsung M52 and I've found your forum. Thank you for this great forum.
Magisk patched image not working right now. I don't know why. I tried everything on that matter.
So the only other way is TWRP bu can't compile it myself. Always problem.
Could you please help me on that? I may open a new topic if you want on this matter.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-12-2021, 02:36 PM
(30-11-2021, 08:30 AM)Ralegend Hi hovatek.
I am trying to root my Samsung M52 and I've found your forum. Thank you for this great forum.
Magisk patched image not working right now. I don't know why. I tried everything on that matter.
So the only other way is TWRP bu can't compile it myself. Always problem.
Could you please help me on that? I may open a new topic if you want on this matter.

This is someone else's thread.
Create a thread by clicking Ask Question at the top

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Arapu
Arapu
Arapu
07-12-2021, 05:52 PM

Hey guys.
I managed to do a proper readback of my entire ROM and it worked well as I was able to even port TWRP using your guide and tool. Thank you by the way.
I have tried to flash system.img using TWRP but only get 2 partition options when flashing image files (boot/recovery).
How can I add the system partition to flash GSI?
On Tecno Camon X, Is it possible to flash a GSI of android 9 or 10?
And if there is anyone who has managed to flash android 9 or 10 can you please help me with your instructions from scratch if possible.
And which specific GSI worked for you.
Thanks in advance.
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
08-12-2021, 10:53 AM
Sorry for that,pls u have to unpack your twrp with kitchen and open ramdisk/etc/recovery-fstab
And Edith it (I mean add this line under their respective partitions accordingly)
/system_image emmc /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/system flags=display="system_image";backup=1;flashimg=1
Like it is in the image bellow
And after that repack and reflash.
As for suitable custom ROM ,if u have Android 9 with sar and arm64 pls use "evaluation x arm64-ab img , resurrection remix arm64 ab,pe arm64 ab
But if u have Android lower than 9 pls use vanilla .
Make sure u wipe the necessary part and also flash permiser and also perform reset before reboot to recovery and system reboot.
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
08-12-2021, 10:55 AM
Like this add part of your choice
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_20211208-104730_MiXplorer.png
Size: 141.51 KB / Downloads: 6
.png
Screenshot_20211208-104750_MiXplorer.png
Size: 127.68 KB / Downloads: 7
Arapu
Arapu
Arapu
08-12-2021, 02:59 PM
Yooo,
You have helped me way more than expected. Thank you.
Well, I understand the unpacking TWRP business but what exactly is permiser and where can I find this file for Tecno Camon X.
Ohh by the way, Tecno Camon X only received android 8.1 officially. That's where am at. And as you said I even tried to flash AOSP vanilla android 9 but didn't work..... I think the permiser file is the one I haven't yet tried.
Tecno Camon X is project treble supported, arm64 a only.
Could you please show me how I can locate it that you ssooooooo much.
God bless you.
This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 03:04 PM by Arapu.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
09-12-2021, 12:30 PM
(08-12-2021, 02:59 PM)Arapu Yooo,
You have helped me way more than expected. Thank you.
Well, I understand the unpacking TWRP business but what exactly is permiser and where can I find this file for Tecno Camon X.
Ohh by the way, Tecno Camon X only received android 8.1 officially. That's where am at. And as you said I even tried to flash AOSP vanilla android 9 but didn't work..... I think the permiser file is the one I haven't yet tried.
Tecno Camon X is project treble supported, arm64 a only.
Could you please show me how I can locate it that you ssooooooo much.
God bless you.

Which GSI did you flash
Arapu
Arapu
Arapu
09-12-2021, 05:34 PM

I flashed Aosp v32 which was android 8 which worked but Havoc os v2 failed yet it's also based on Android 8.
I tried to flash android 9 lineage os, Aosp, but all failed. It just stopped on Android for Aosp.
I tried to flash android 10 lineage os, Aosp, but all failed. It just kept looping the Tecno logo.
I tried to flash android 11 dot os v5.2 but just rebooted to fastboot...
This post was last modified: 09-12-2021, 05:35 PM by Arapu.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next