Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Blu Vivo XI+ Briked? -- totally new to this
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Blu Vivo XI+ Briked? -- totally new to this

Blu Vivo XI+ Briked? -- totally new to this

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
superstupidtryintofixbrick
Enthusiastic Member
26-11-2021, 08:33 AM

To preface this is my relative's phone with several years of media and photos on it that they never backed up. They were using it two days ago when it was running slow and they ended up restarting it. After the reboot, they got the dreaded screen where the android system could not be found and that they had to either reformat or try again. Queue me trying everything I can find that I could do in the last 48 hours with family in town for the holidays. Essentially I had come across xda and a OTA firmware file that I tried to sideload using ADB, as they never enabled any debugging modes on the phone I wasn't able to see it via fastboot. It was working -- or so I thought, but got about 37% before it errored out on me and gave me a particular statement. Was wondering if anyone could provide me any assistance as I saw this forum linked on one of the xda threads.
BLU/VIvo_XI/V0310WW
8.1.0/####

I'll attach an image I took with my phone of the particular error I had received.

Thanks for any advice you guys could provide me.
-superstupidtryintofixbrick
Attached Files
.jpg
1234.jpg
Size: 663.36 KB / Downloads: 13
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-11-2021, 11:59 AM
(26-11-2021, 08:33 AM)superstupidtryintofixbrick To preface this is my relative's phone with several years of media and photos on it that they never backed up. They were using it two days ago when it was running slow and they ended up restarting it. After the reboot, they got the dreaded screen where the android system could not be found and that they had to either reformat or try again. Queue me trying everything I can find that I could do in the last 48 hours with family in town for the holidays. Essentially I had come across xda and a OTA firmware file that I tried to sideload using ADB, as they never enabled any debugging modes on the phone I wasn't able to see it via fastboot. It was working -- or so I thought, but got about 37% before it errored out on me and gave me a particular statement. Was wondering if anyone could provide me any assistance as I saw this forum linked on one of the xda threads.
BLU/VIvo_XI/V0310WW
8.1.0/####

I'll attach an image I took with my phone of the particular error I had received.

This means the update.zip or ota is lower than what's on the phone so it won't work.
First, backup the phone using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-40865.html
do a full backup
This post was last modified: 26-11-2021, 12:05 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Enthusiastic Member
03-12-2021, 08:31 AM
Okay I have completed this step. now do i reformat the device? how do i then upload the data back to the phone? or rather how do i get access to the photos and files that were initially on the device?

Thanks
-sal
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-12-2021, 11:41 AM
(03-12-2021, 08:31 AM)superstupidtryintofixbrick Okay I have completed this step. now do i reformat the device? how do i then upload the data back to the phone? or rather how do i get access to the photos and files that were initially on the device?

Thanks
-sal

Share a screenshot showing the files in your backup and their sizes

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Enthusiastic Member
04-12-2021, 04:46 AM

Here is most of them
Attached Files
.jpg
123.JPG
Size: 104.82 KB / Downloads: 4
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-12-2021, 09:37 AM
(04-12-2021, 04:46 AM)superstupidtryintofixbrick Here is most of them

There's a good chance the issue was caused by no more storage space left so a factory reset would be the way to go ideally but not in this case.
Can the phone enter recovery mode?
The plan is to get into fastboot from recovery mode then boot TWRP (not flash) and see if we can access media files
This post was last modified: 04-12-2021, 09:38 AM by hovatek.

Note!
Enthusiastic Member
06-12-2021, 08:37 PM
I can enter recovery mode but the phone never had usb debugging enabled. I wasn't able to see the device in fastboot mode or adp mode. I was only able to see the device when I attempted to sideload the ota firmware I had found on the xda servers. Which we already covered as being too old. Should I call the manufacturer for the newer firmware? I need to save this data no matter what.
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
07-12-2021, 06:58 AM
(26-11-2021, 08:33 AM)superstupidtryintofixbrick To preface this is my relative's phone with several years of media and photos on it that they never backed up. They were using it two days ago when it was running slow and they ended up restarting it. After the reboot, they got the dreaded screen where the android system could not be found and that they had to either reformat or try again. Queue me trying everything I can find that I could do in the last 48 hours with family in town for the holidays. Essentially I had come across xda and a OTA firmware file that I tried to sideload using ADB, as they never enabled any debugging modes on the phone I wasn't able to see it via fastboot. It was working -- or so I thought, but got about 37% before it errored out on me and gave me a particular statement. Was wondering if anyone could provide me any assistance as I saw this forum linked on one of the xda threads.
BLU/VIvo_XI/V0310WW
8.1.0/####

it means you can't install old versions of update over the one installed on your phone.
I would suggest you look for version equivalent or higher than the one installed.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-12-2021, 11:58 AM
(06-12-2021, 08:37 PM)superstupidtryintofixbrick I can enter recovery mode but the phone never had usb debugging enabled. I wasn't able to see the device in fastboot mode or adp mode. I was only able to see the device when I attempted to sideload the ota firmware I had found on the xda servers. Which we already covered as being too old. Should I call the manufacturer for the newer firmware? I need to save this data no matter what.

In fastboot, check your bootloader lock status.
I expect it to be locked but no harm in checking.
See if you can unpack the userdata backup using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-26809.html

Note!
Enthusiastic Member
09-12-2021, 05:46 AM

The device cannot be found in adb or fastboot, and now after doing what we've done so far, it isn't even being detected in the sideload state.

The link you provided assumed the files I had were in .img format? I only have .bin files how do i convert that to ext4?
Attached Files
.jpg
123456.JPG
Size: 18.71 KB / Downloads: 5
.jpg
12345.JPG
Size: 21.57 KB / Downloads: 4
Pages (2): 1 2 Next