Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Provision for Gionee M12
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Provision for Gionee M12

Provision for Gionee M12

Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
23-11-2021, 09:45 PM

Hi Hovatek.
I recently got a Gionee M12 and decided to root it. I tried looking obtaining the firmware file from your site but was unable to cause i couldn't find it along the gionee flash files. Kinda surprised about that though.
Please when are you gonna provide it's flash file? And if not, can you give me some guess to create it.
I specifically want to ask...
Is there any way i can obtain any of the images in the phone, through Fastboot.
If im able to obtain the boot, recovery or system image through fastboot or Adb,(Unrooted device though. It's really any of those images i just need) that would be nice.
P.S:My bootlader is unlocked.
This post was last modified: 24-11-2021, 01:34 AM by Timmylog.
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
24-11-2021, 06:32 PM
While browsing through your site, i stumbled upon this...
@ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-40865.html
Can i use this method to obtain the boot image from my device?
Or there's some other procedures required first?
This post was last modified: 25-11-2021, 10:46 AM by hovatek.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-11-2021, 10:47 AM
(24-11-2021, 06:32 PM)Timmylog While browsing through your site, i stumbled upon this...

You could try it

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
28-11-2021, 10:02 PM
(25-11-2021, 10:47 AM)hovatek
(24-11-2021, 06:32 PM)Timmylog While browsing through your site, i stumbled upon this...

You could try it

Tried it today.
Ran through multiple hurdles during installation and successfully solved them all.
After the successfull installation and running...
It's being prevented from entering brom mode.
I can see it in dev manager that my device is getting detected as preloader/com port 7.
So i clearly installed drivers well, but it's either the tool isn't responding to my deivce or my phone can't get into Brom mode for some reason.
Tried again with pressing all the hardware buttons. It seems to be trying to enter that mode but something's preventing it.
Vcom port keeps appearing and dissapearing in dev manager, the phone didn't show gionee during the process so it was definitely trying to enter it.
Im thinking it's secure boot or auth or something else that's stopping it from entering Brom.
I don't know what else to do now. Lol
This post was last modified: 28-11-2021, 11:14 PM by Timmylog. Edit Reason: Update
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-11-2021, 08:25 AM

(28-11-2021, 10:02 PM)Timmylog Tried it today.
Ran through multiple hurdles during installation and successfully solved them all.
After the successfull installation and running...
It's being prevented from entering brom mode.
I can see it in dev manager that my device is getting detected as preloader/com port 7.
So i clearly installed drivers well, but it's either the tool isn't responding to my deivce or my phone can't get into Brom mode for some reason.
Tried again with pressing all the hardware buttons. It seems to be trying to enter that mode but something's preventing it.
Vcom port keeps appearing and dissapearing in dev manager, the phone didn't show gionee during the process so it was definitely trying to enter it.
Im thinking it's secure boot or auth or something else that's stopping it from entering Brom.
I don't know what else to do now. Lol

If you're getting a detection as preloader then you're not in BROM.
what button combo did you hold when connecting to PC?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
30-11-2021, 10:44 AM
[/quote]
If you're getting a detection as preloader then you're not in BROM.
what button combo did you hold when connecting to PC?
[/quote]

I pressed the vol up button and connected without the mtkclient running, then i got preloader. But when i did it again, this time i was running mtkclient in python, nothing happened. No detection.

I tried vol down button with and without mtk client running.
I got the result, which is the image attached to this post.
When i also tried all three buttons simultaneously, i got the same result as that image.
But the thing is it doesn't last long....

It dissapears, then my phone boots to factory test mode after three seconds without releasing the button or not.(for vol down)
It keeps appearing and dissapearing until i release the buttons. Once i do that, the device reboots to OS (for pressing all three buttons simultaneously)

Saw this post @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-forc...brom-mode/
Was planning to do that but it doesn't stay long enough for me to install the filter.
Although if i used flash tool, it would probably stay long enough until i clear the erroe message from sp flash tool, but i don't even have a scatter file for my device.
This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 03:27 PM by hovatek.
Attached Files
.jpg
mtk image.JPG
Size: 11.69 KB / Downloads: 3
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-12-2021, 03:30 PM
Quote:Saw this post @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-forc...brom-mode/
Was planning to do that but it doesn't stay long enough for me to install the filter.
Although if i used flash tool, it would probably stay long enough until i clear the erroe message from sp flash tool, but i don't even have a scatter file for my device.

The recent version of mtk bypass doesn't use libusb, instead it uses USBDK
See the Very Important Notice section @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37957.html

Note!
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
02-12-2021, 06:18 PM
[quote="hovatek" pid='222132' dateline='1638369014']
Quote:The recent version of mtk bypass doesn't use libusb, instead it uses USBDK
See the Very Important Notice section @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37957.html

Successfully entered Brom mode. Turns out that I needed to install libusb filter for mtk usb port, eventually. Mtk bypass didn't need this though. It was mtkclient that did, for detection. When i ran mtk bypass and tried to disable secure boot and others I got the result which I've put as an attachment here, I named it 'unprotected'. It seems my device didn't need mtk bypass. After I successfully enter Brom mode and I tried to dump or write my boot partition with the python command, I'm getting this error that I don't understand. It's in two other pictures I dropped here also.
Really confused about it though.
This post was last modified: 02-12-2021, 06:23 PM by Timmylog.
Attached Files
.jpg
gionee mtk.JPG
Size: 92.48 KB / Downloads: 6
.jpg
gionee mtk 2.JPG
Size: 100.35 KB / Downloads: 6
.jpg
unprotected.JPG
Size: 39.55 KB / Downloads: 4
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
02-12-2021, 07:04 PM
If u are having this issue ,I am sorry tell u that many of mtk phone encounter this error on Windows pls consider using the same mtkclient with Ubuntu PC,u have to be on data .
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
02-12-2021, 07:48 PM

(02-12-2021, 07:04 PM)kelvinchinedu If u are having this issue ,I am sorry tell u that many of mtk phone encounter this error on Windows pls consider using the same mtkclient with Ubuntu PC,u have to be on data .

Could you send me a link to any of the threads that contains this same kinda issue please?
I'd like to skim through their activities
Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5 Next