Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Unable to flash any partition [Infinix X657 (MT6580)]
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Unable to flash any partition [Infinix X657 (MT6580)]

[Please help] Unable to flash any partition [Infinix X657 (MT6580)]

28-10-2021, 11:44 PM

Been struggling for a while with this one

Trying to fastboot flash to any partition gives the error:

Code:

FAILED (remote: 'sparse image size span overflow.')

Tried specifying size with -S, flashing stock image, erasing the partition and flashing (which gave the same error, making me unable to write to the empty partition, even with the stock image. Did this with boot (attempted magisk root) and had to reflash to stock using sp flash tool, which is why I'm sure of the stock images being fully functional), as well as trying two versions of the android platform tools (from the arch repos, as well as developer.android.com, some threads mentioned an outdated version of fastboot being the culprit, though that didn't seem to be the case)

Originally I thought it was just the boot partition, but trying to flash twrp (built using the mtk auto twrp porter) gave the same error.

Output of getvar all:
https://pastebin.com/CPwf712f
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-10-2021, 12:58 PM
(28-10-2021, 11:44 PM)Unequal Biscuit ...

when you send the flash command, is the device in fastboot mode or fastbootd?
This post was last modified: 29-10-2021, 12:58 PM by X3non.
29-10-2021, 02:26 PM
(29-10-2021, 12:58 PM)X3non
(28-10-2021, 11:44 PM)Unequal Biscuit ...

when you send the flash command, is the device in fastboot mode or fastbootd?

fastboot, trying to flash recovery from fastbootd gives:
Code:

FAILED (remote: 'No such file or directory')
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-11-2021, 08:47 AM
(29-10-2021, 02:26 PM)Unequal Biscuit fastboot, trying to flash recovery from fastbootd gives:
Code:

FAILED (remote: 'No such file or directory')

Share a screenshot

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
citrogen
citrogen
citrogen
Enthusiastic Member
26-09-2022, 02:03 AM

(28-10-2021, 11:44 PM)Unequal Biscuit Been struggling for a while with this one

Trying to fastboot flash to any partition gives the error:

Code:

FAILED (remote: 'sparse image size span overflow.')

Tried specifying size with -S, flashing stock image, erasing the partition and flashing (which gave the same error, making me unable to write to the empty partition, even with the stock image. Did this with boot (attempted magisk root) and had to reflash to stock using sp flash tool, which is why I'm sure of the stock images being fully functional), as well as trying two versions of the android platform tools (from the arch repos, as well as developer.android.com, some threads mentioned an outdated version of fastboot being the culprit, though that didn't seem to be the case)

Originally I thought it was just the boot partition, but trying to flash twrp (built using the mtk auto twrp porter) gave the same error.

Output of getvar all:
https://pastebin.com/CPwf712f

How did you manage to flash the stock ROM? Did you get the auth file?