Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to fix Mediatek (MTK) booting straight to boot mode
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to fix Mediatek (MTK) booting straight to boot mode

[Tutorial] How to fix Mediatek (MTK) booting straight to boot mode

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-07-2014, 07:45 PM

Have you been seeing Select boot mode when you try booting your MTK Android phone? Well, some MTK users have complained about their MTK Android phones not booting normally when they press the power button. Instead, their phones boot straight into boot mode with the cursor / arrow  automatically scrolling up and down, thereby, not allowing to select any option. Phones in such a situation also can't boot into recovery mode.  Many of such cases are linked to faulty boot / recovery partitions.

How to fix an MTK Android phone booting straight into boot mode

If you're experiencing such, here are some things you could do.

Check the volume buttons

The volume buttons might be sticky. Try holding down both volume buttons before pressing the power button. You cloud also try connecting the phone to a PC (while the PC is on ) before pressing the power button

Format the Memory card

The phone might be having trouble accessing the memory card. Try formatting the memory card

Flash a fresh stock ROM using SP flash tool or a box

• Download the stock rom for your model
  • Flash the stock ROM using SP flash tool .
  • Ensure to format first (DONT format Bootloader) then flash the files

[Image: MTK_Phone_entering_boot_mode.jpg]
This post was last modified: 10-10-2019, 05:19 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
achonwa
achonwa
achonwa
25-07-2014, 12:53 PM
(20-07-2014, 07:45 PM)hovatek Some Tecno users have complained about their Tecno phones not booting normally when they press the power button. Instead, their phones boot into recovery or factory mode (shows a selectable list of boot mode, Recovery mode, Fastboot, Normal mode etc) with the cursor / arrow automatically scrolling up and down, thereby, not allowing to select any option. Don't fret, the Tecno phone isn't bricked; the volume down (decrease) button or volume up (increase) is just sticky and you need to lift / loosen it. To confirm that the volume button(s) is / are faulty, connect the phone to a working PC then try powering the phone on again. A PC connection automatically overrides the effect of both volume buttons. If the phone comes on normally then you have a confirmation that one of the volume buttons is faulty. In many cases, holding both volume buttons before pressing the power button helps the phone boot into normal mode. If this doesn't help, take a look at both volume buttons.

i know this is not right place.to request for files...but i need this urgently. i need tecno p5 cmw recovery image my email is ogbuifeanacho@gmail.com
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Only premium members are granted download permissions

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Tetrado
Tetrado
Tetrado
Enthusiastic Member
27-07-2014, 06:37 PM
My android phone is not booting into recovery mode, it only boot factory mode automatically when I insert the battery. I have tried all my possible best, connecting to PC, checking the both volume button and other, but the phone continue to boot into factory mode any time I power it on and sometimes it power itself Mean while one of my android phone is not booting into recovery mode, it only boot factory mode automatically when I insert the battery and boot into factory mode each time I inserted the battery into the phone. Anytime I press the power + home + volume up button simultaneously, i will not just power on at all until i release my hand. Any help pls!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-07-2014, 07:38 PM

(27-07-2014, 06:37 PM)Tetrado My android phone is not booting into recovery mode, it only boot factory mode automatically when I insert the battery. I have tried all my possible best, connecting to PC, checking the both volume button and other, but the phone continue to boot into factory mode any time I power it on and sometimes it power itself Mean while one of my android phone is not booting into recovery mode, it only boot factory mode automatically when I insert the battery and boot into factory mode each time I inserted the battery into the phone. Anytime I press the power + home + volume up button simultaneously, i will not just power on at all until i release my hand. Any help pls!

having a really hard time understanding you. could you specify the phone model of each and explain what's wrong with each?

Note!
Tetrado
Tetrado
Tetrado
Enthusiastic Member
28-07-2014, 07:38 AM
(27-07-2014, 07:38 PM)hovatek
(27-07-2014, 06:37 PM)Tetrado My android phone is not booting into recovery mode, it only boot factory mode automatically when I insert the battery. I have tried all my possible best, connecting to PC, checking the both volume button and other, but the phone continue to boot into factory mode any time I power it on and sometimes it power itself Mean while one of my android phone is not booting into recovery mode, it only boot factory mode automatically when I insert the battery and boot into factory mode each time I inserted the battery into the phone. Anytime I press the power + home + volume up button simultaneously, i will not just power on at all until i release my hand. Any help pls!

having a really hard time understanding you. could you specify the phone model of each and explain what's wrong with each?

My android Gowin T401 is not booting into recovery mode, it only boot factory mode automatically when I insert the battery. I have tried all my possible best, connecting to PC, checking the both volume button and other, but the phone continue to boot into factory mode any time I power it on and sometimes it power itself on each time I insert the battery and boot into factory mode. Anytime I press the power + home + volume up button simultaneously, i will not just power on at all until i release my hand. Any help pls!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-07-2014, 12:15 PM
(28-07-2014, 07:38 AM)Tetrado My android Gowin T401 is not booting into recovery mode, it only boot factory mode automatically when I insert the battery. I have tried all my possible best, connecting to PC, checking the both volume button and other, but the phone continue to boot into factory mode any time I power it on and sometimes it power itself on each time I insert the battery and boot into factory mode. Anytime I press the power + home + volume up button simultaneously, i will not just power on at all until i release my hand. Any help pls!
list the items you see in factory mode

Note!
Tetrado
Tetrado
Tetrado
Enthusiastic Member
29-07-2014, 07:47 AM
[/quote]
[/quote]

Auto text
Manual text
Flash file
Reboot

Others items on normal tecno android factory mode

[/quote]

Auto text
Manual text
Flash file
Reboot

Others items on normal tecno android factory
mode
This post was last modified: 29-07-2014, 07:54 AM by Tetrado.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-07-2014, 09:50 AM
(29-07-2014, 07:47 AM)Tetrado Auto text
Manual text
Flash file
Reboot

Others items on normal tecno android factory
mode
what happens when you select the recovery mode option in factory mode

Note!
jlaakinpelu
jlaakinpelu
jlaakinpelu
Enthusiastic Member
21-11-2014, 10:46 PM

I tried flashing the phone with steps given with spflash tool but the problem persist, later I power the phone with volume decrease with power button but is only showing chinnese language which I don't understand please is there anything I can do I try holding volume decrease button and power but it kept going to the select boot mode screen with the cursor moving.

Please any help in the house please anyone
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_0263[1].jpg
Size: 47 KB / Downloads: 11
Pages (2): 1 2 Next