Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Samsung Note N960U Madness
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Samsung Note N960U Madness

Samsung Note N960U Madness

Ahsan Aasim
Ahsan Aasim
Ahsan Aasim
18-10-2021, 08:00 PM

I want to repair my imei which has somehow changed to a weird set of numbers (867xxxxxxxx) after I flashed it's firmware. When I got the phone, it was running "F" firmware and its back also has the imei and model number F written on it but in the bootloader said that it was "U" model so I installed "U" firmware and then all this happened
My question is, IS THERE ANY WAY to fix imei/put the phone in diag mode/root it/ANYTHING because apparently EVERYTHING is locked on US models and there's absolutely nothing possible.
Pls send help, losing my mind here.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
20-10-2021, 11:35 AM
(18-10-2021, 08:00 PM)Ahsan Aasim I want to repair my imei which has somehow changed to a weird set of numbers (867xxxxxxxx) after I flashed it's firmware. When I got the phone, it was running "F" firmware and its back also has the imei and model number F written on it but in the bootloader said that it was "U" model so I installed "U" firmware and then all this happened
My question is, IS THERE ANY WAY to fix imei/put the phone in diag mode/root it/ANYTHING because apparently EVERYTHING is locked on US models and there's absolutely nothing possible.

Try this for root https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/root-...e.4043723/
do you have z3x box
Ahsan Aasim
Ahsan Aasim
Ahsan Aasim
20-10-2021, 11:44 AM
The method doesn't work for Android 10. No I don't have z3 box
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
20-10-2021, 11:46 AM
(20-10-2021, 11:44 AM)Ahsan Aasim The method doesn't work for Android 10. No I don't have z3 box

What of flashing back the F firmware for a start
Ahsan Aasim
Ahsan Aasim
Ahsan Aasim
20-10-2021, 11:48 AM

I tried that as well but it failed to flash
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-10-2021, 11:49 AM
(18-10-2021, 08:00 PM)Ahsan Aasim I want to repair my imei which has somehow changed to a weird set of numbers (867xxxxxxxx) after I flashed it's firmware. When I got the phone, it was running "F" firmware and its back also has the imei and model number F written on it but in the bootloader said that it was "U" model so I installed "U" firmware and then all this happened

you can try using magma tool, your model is listed as supported by the tool
be sure to verify from their support team first