Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] SIM cards not detected after flashing stock rom - IMEI preserved [sc9863a phone]
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] SIM cards not detected after flashing stock rom - IMEI preserved [sc9863a phone]

[Please help] SIM cards not detected after flashing stock rom - IMEI preserved [sc9863a phone]

johntrevor
johntrevor
johntrevor
15-10-2021, 11:00 AM

Hello everyone,

first of all I want to thank again the forum Creators and Moderators for this great community, there are a lots of stunning tutorials to learn many many procedures.

I ask for help, basically Thread title: on a Alcatel (TCL) 1SE 2020 (model 5030D, Android 10, chipset sc9863a)
which I succesfully rooted - it was model "a" from a previous thread - I wanted to revert back to stock firmware after some experimental mods on base OS.
- So first, I downloaded a stock .pac for my model (found one on needrom dot com)
- ReserachDownload tool, I flashed back all the backup firmware files except NV_LTE (software gave me an errore "Incompatible partition"
- So I flashed the NV_LTE information via fastboot: fastboot flash l_fixnv1 ltemodem.bin

At first OS setup, SIM cards are not detected.
In Setup>About IMEI are preserved like the original ones
In Engineer Menu, "Set IMEI" is absent and I cannot tweak any radio / LTE related function because "No SIM is deteted".

Please help, how can I do to make SIM detectable again? Thx
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-10-2021, 10:48 AM
(15-10-2021, 11:00 AM)johntrevor Hello everyone,

first of all I want to thank again the forum Creators and Moderators for this great community, there are a lots of stunning tutorials to learn many many procedures.

I ask for help, basically Thread title: on a Alcatel (TCL) 1SE 2020 (model 5030D, Android 10, chipset sc9863a)
which I succesfully rooted - it was model "a" from a previous thread - I wanted to revert back to stock firmware after some experimental mods on base OS.
- So first, I downloaded a stock .pac for my model (found one on needrom dot com)
- ReserachDownload tool, I flashed back all the backup firmware files except NV_LTE (software gave me an errore "Incompatible partition"
- So I flashed the NV_LTE information via fastboot: fastboot flash l_fixnv1 ltemodem.bin

In Engineer Menu, "Set IMEI" is absent and I cannot tweak any radio / LTE related function because "No SIM is deteted".

what files do you have in this backup of yours?
how and when did you make this backup? e.g before you flashed the device?
have you tried factory resetting the device?
have you tried flashing stock firmware without restoring any backup?
johntrevor
johntrevor
johntrevor
16-10-2021, 02:02 PM
(16-10-2021, 10:48 AM)X3non
(15-10-2021, 11:00 AM)johntrevor Hello everyone,

what files do you have in this backup of yours?
how and when did you make this backup? e.g before you flashed the device?
have you tried factory resetting the device?
have you tried flashing stock firmware without restoring any backup?

Thanks for your kind reply.
I had my backup directly from the phone (via ResearchDownload>Read Flash) just before rooting.
I needed an external .pac file just for the FDL1/2 files, that's why I downloaded it.

Flashing the whole downloaded .pac file brings to brick (phone boots up with the dying robot logo), i don't known why maybe it's a different build but I cannot understand this.

Flashing all my backup firmware files brings to regular boot , except that Sim cards cannot be detected (Imei are correct , Baseband version is shown in System info)
johntrevor
johntrevor
johntrevor
16-10-2021, 02:06 PM
My backup is made of all the original partitions read via researchdownload tool
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-10-2021, 05:49 AM

(16-10-2021, 02:06 PM)johntrevor My backup is made of all the original partitions read via researchdownload tool

Flash the downloaded pac and try doing a factory reset. You could try factory download tool for flashing

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
johntrevor
johntrevor
johntrevor
23-10-2021, 09:58 AM
Dear @Hovatek and @X3non

now SIM cards are detected again and network is regularly available.
To do this, I just repeated again the procedure from scratch:

1) Perform an Erase all flash via ResearchDownload tool
2) At this point, the phone flash memory was completely erased, bootloader included.
So I took a downloaded .pac firmware (same model, different build) and changed all partitions files in the Main page of the tool, with my previously backupped .img files (uboot-sign-16k, boot, recovery, ltemodem, prodnv .....) EXCEPT FOR the l_fixnv1 partition (which gives error on researchdownload tool)
3) IMPORTANT. After uploading firmware, I did not boot to system, instead to Recovery Mode --> then fastboot mode (this is needed when operating from a windows PC -- on Linux, have to go to Bootloader mode).
4) Unlocked the bootloader via the identifier token / signature file procedure as explained on another Thread on the forum.
Then, mandatory Factory-reset. DO NOT REBOOT yet.
5) flashed the remaining firmware file: fastboot flash l_fixnv1 ltenvitem_COM9.bin

6 (optional) If root is desired, flash now custom-signed vbmeta and custom-signed Magisk-patched boot.img via proper fastboot commands.

7 OK, now can unplug USB cable and select "Reboot system now" (if I previously was in Fastboot mode - for Windows PC), or alternatively soft-resetting phone holding Power btn for 10 sec (if flashing was done via Bootloader on a Linux PC).

RESULT ==> regular boot and OS setup.

NOTE (important!) If I choose to flash magisk patched boot, OS sets up with root privilege (via Magisk App), but root is lost at the first reboot and phone seems to hang at bootlogo. Flashing stock vbmeta and boot does not solve the problem, so this procedure is to be taken as experimental (I have to skip Step 6 to have a perfectly working and rebooting phone).

For the sake of this Thread, issue can be tagged as SOLVED!
I am keeping up with the root issue into the other thread already open in the Development section of the forum

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

(18-10-2021, 05:49 AM)hovatek
(16-10-2021, 02:06 PM)johntrevor My backup is made of all the original partitions read via researchdownload tool

Flash the downloaded pac and try doing a factory reset. You could try factory download tool for flashing