Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android upgrade 8.1GO
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

upgrade 8.1GO

upgrade 8.1GO

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
69Rixter
69Rixter
69Rixter
Enthusiastic Member
20-10-2021, 07:11 PM

RE: x3non

Once again, thanx for replying.

Quote: "i already mentioned previously that no firmware from the oem is "strictly stock" as you put i.e without bloatwares
also, you don't need recovery mode to root. you only need boot.img and an unlocked bootloader
if you feel the OS is faulty then search for and download stock firmware and flash your device
ensure to at least take a firmware backup of your current OS before flashing

P.S : when looking for firmware, you should search for your exact model i.e c5l because it's a differerent device from c5 or c5 lte"

Yes, OK, I am aware of 'stock" ROM's containing manufacture's bloatware. I did ask if anyone knew of a compatible ROM that was completely void of such bloatware. Yes, that would have to be a 'custom" ROM. Gonna head over to XDA developers and see if such a ROM exists. In searching for the stock ROM for this phone, I saw 2 that, possibly, could be "the ROM". (BLU C5 stock & Blu C5 LTE stock) This phone employs LTE and I'm surmising that the LTE stock would be the one for this phone(?) I've figured out how to enter 'recovery" mode, but you say it's not necessary. "you don't need recovery mode to root. you only need boot.img and an unlocked bootloader". This firmware does allow OEM boot unlock, I'll need to D/l boot.img, or see if it's in the "developer options". IDK, maybe if I root it, I can delete the bloatware and possibly see/delete the hidden apps(?). As I don't have an SSD card in this phone, could I D/l to a pendrive and install a ROM that way...or even D/l directly to phone and install from there? Yea, I feel the present 'stock" ROM needs re-flashed. The way it is now, it has a lot of bugs/glitches that shouldn't be. Not looking for, nor gonna get a miracle cure, just want it to perform as originally intended.
THANX
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-10-2021, 11:33 AM
(20-10-2021, 07:11 PM)69Rixter Yes, OK, I am aware of 'stock" ROM's containing manufacture's bloatware. I did ask if anyone knew of a compatible ROM that was completely void of such bloatware. Yes, that would have to be a 'custom" ROM. Gonna head over to XDA developers and see if such a ROM exists.

you can check if your device is project treble enabled and look up gsi roms ; a good place to start @ https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...tions/wiki
btw only those using the same phone model, who have tried out different roms will be able to tell which roms work or not

(20-10-2021, 07:11 PM)69Rixter In searching for the stock ROM for this phone, I saw 2 that, possibly, could be "the ROM". (BLU C5 stock & Blu C5 LTE stock) This phone employs LTE and I'm surmising that the LTE stock would be the one for this phone(?)

BLU C5 LTE is an android 6 device
BLU C5L is an android 8.1 device
both are different, you could attempt to backup the firmware directly from your device using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html

(20-10-2021, 07:11 PM)69Rixter I've figured out how to enter 'recovery" mode, but you say it's not necessary. "you don't need recovery mode to root. you only need boot.img and an unlocked bootloader". This firmware does allow OEM boot unlock, I'll need to D/l boot.img, or see if it's in the "developer options".

you can get boot.img from a firmware backup ; see the link above this quote

(20-10-2021, 07:11 PM)69Rixter IDK, maybe if I root it, I can delete the bloatware and possibly see/delete the hidden apps(?).

hidden apps? you mean the apps that don't appear in the app drawer, if yes then you don't necessarily need root to view those apps, you can do so using any app manager and it's not advisable to uninstall such apps unless you know what you're doing
uninstalling some system apps can lead to bricking the phone

(20-10-2021, 07:11 PM)69Rixter As I don't have an SSD card in this phone, could I D/l to a pendrive and install a ROM that way...or even D/l directly to phone and install from there? Yea, I feel the present 'stock" ROM needs re-flashed. The way it is now, it has a lot of bugs/glitches that shouldn't be. Not looking for, nor gonna get a miracle cure, just want it to perform as originally intended.
THANX

in general, you need a PC
69Rixter
69Rixter
69Rixter
Enthusiastic Member
27-10-2021, 08:52 PM
(21-10-2021, 11:33 AM)X3non
(20-10-2021, 07:11 PM)69Rixter Yes, OK, I am aware of 'stock" ROM's containing manufacture's bloatware. I did ask if anyone knew of a compatible ROM that was completely void of such bloatware. Yes, that would have to be a 'custom" ROM. Gonna head over to XDA developers and see if such a ROM exists.

you can check if your device is project treble enabled and look up gsi roms ; a good place to start @ https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...tions/wiki
btw only those using the same phone model, who have tried out different roms will be able to tell which roms work or not

(20-10-2021, 07:11 PM)69Rixter In searching for the stock ROM for this phone, I saw 2 that, possibly, could be "the ROM". (BLU C5 stock & Blu C5 LTE stock) This phone employs LTE and I'm surmising that the LTE stock would be the one for this phone(?)

BLU C5 LTE is an android 6 device
BLU C5L is an android 8.1 device
both are different, you could attempt to backup the firmware directly from your device using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html

(20-10-2021, 07:11 PM)69Rixter I've figured out how to enter 'recovery" mode, but you say it's not necessary. "you don't need recovery mode to root. you only need boot.img and an unlocked bootloader". This firmware does allow OEM boot unlock, I'll need to D/l boot.img, or see if it's in the "developer options".

you can get boot.img from a firmware backup ; see the link above this quote

(20-10-2021, 07:11 PM)69Rixter IDK, maybe if I root it, I can delete the bloatware and possibly see/delete the hidden apps(?).

hidden apps? you mean the apps that don't appear in the app drawer, if yes then you don't necessarily need root to view those apps, you can do so using any app manager and it's not advisable to uninstall such apps unless you know what you're doing
uninstalling some system apps can lead to bricking the phone

(20-10-2021, 07:11 PM)69Rixter As I don't have an SSD card in this phone, could I D/l to a pendrive and install a ROM that way...or even D/l directly to phone and install from there? Yea, I feel the present 'stock" ROM needs re-flashed. The way it is now, it has a lot of bugs/glitches that shouldn't be. Not looking for, nor gonna get a miracle cure, just want it to perform as originally intended.
THANX

in general, you need a PC
69Rixter
69Rixter
69Rixter
Enthusiastic Member
27-10-2021, 09:12 PM
I appreciate all who've replied/tried to help. I'd like to re-address this thread and go back to what I originally want/need to do. Let me explain, please, because I think this thread has gone all over the place. The phone is a BLU C5L/Oreo 8.1.0. I've spent numerous hours trying to "root" and/or "unlock" the bootloader. To date I've been unsuccessful. Have used KingRoot and KingORoot; they've either "failed" or returned " permission not granted" (used both probably 7 or more x's). I cannot use a PC for I don't own one. I feel I need to re-flash the Oreo 8.1.0 because the phone just isn't acting/performing as it should. Plus, would like to delete many manufacture and google bloatware. I'm certain this is a simple operation, but as yet, I haven't been able to find the program/steps to accomplish my goals. I was advised against trying an updated O.S. on this particular phone. Found many sites with ROM's for this phone, and found it almost comical, the many, many ROM's that claim "stock" for this phone. I've found that 8.1.0 was designed specifically for this phone (C5L).
WHEW!!! Now, I hope I've made myself and what I wish to accomplish clear(?) Keep in mind I don't own a PC. I apologize if I haven't made myself clear before. You ALL have been great!! THANX
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-10-2021, 10:46 AM

(27-10-2021, 09:12 PM)69Rixter I appreciate all who've replied/tried to help. I'd like to re-address this thread and go back to what I originally want/need to do. Let me explain, please, because I think this thread has gone all over the place. The phone is a BLU C5L/Oreo 8.1.0. I've spent numerous hours trying to "root" and/or "unlock" the bootloader. To date I've been unsuccessful. Have used KingRoot and KingORoot; they've either "failed" or returned " permission not granted" (used both probably 7 or more x's). I cannot use a PC for I don't own one. I feel I need to re-flash the Oreo 8.1.0 because the phone just isn't acting/performing as it should.

rooting or flashing, can't be accomplished without a PC

(27-10-2021, 09:12 PM)69Rixter Plus, would like to delete many manufacture and google bloatware. I'm certain this is a simple operation, but as yet, I haven't been able to find the program/steps to accomplish my goals.

https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall...ot-access/
that should help you, you can use "terminal emulator" app from playstore (if this is the case, then skip anything related i.e jump to step 3) also note that without root, this is only temporary more like disabling them ie as you as you factory reset the phone, all apps will return back
69Rixter
69Rixter
69Rixter
Enthusiastic Member
28-10-2021, 10:19 PM
RE: X3non

Very enlightening article. One problem though, I don't have a PC. Curious, have you ever seen anyone else having the amount of difficulties I am with this phone? (BLU C5L) Can't wait till my new phone comes in, but in meantime, I'm stuck with this and just for my own piece-of-mind would like to get this P.O.S. straightened out. Thanx for all your help!!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-10-2021, 11:56 AM
(28-10-2021, 10:19 PM)69Rixter RE: X3non

Very enlightening article. One problem though, I don't have a PC. Curious, have you ever seen anyone else having the amount of difficulties I am with this phone? (BLU C5L) Can't wait till my new phone comes in, but in meantime, I'm stuck with this and just for my own piece-of-mind would like to get this P.O.S. straightened out. Thanx for all your help!!

i already mentioned that the same commands can be sent using terminal emulator app, which you can download from play store
other than that, then there's not much you can do without a PC
This post was last modified: 29-10-2021, 12:25 PM by X3non.
Pages (2): Previous 1 2