Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android upgrade 8.1GO
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

upgrade 8.1GO

upgrade 8.1GO

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
69Rixter
69Rixter
69Rixter
Enthusiastic Member
11-10-2021, 09:56 PM

hovatek Wrote:
If you bricked your BLU Mediatek Android phone then this brief guide should help you fix it.

How to unbrick a BLU Mediatek Android phone

* Download the firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-9728.html
* Install Mediatek Preloader VCOM drivers on the PC using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html

hovatek admin
I believe this is what I'd like to install on this phone I have (BLUC5L w/ AND. 8.1Go). However, I'm sure I need to get into recovery mode and therein lies the problem. I cannot seem to get into Recovery Mode. If you could help on this problem I'd be grateful, and if not, would you be able to direct me to anyone/anywhere that could? Thanks
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-10-2021, 11:55 AM
(11-10-2021, 09:56 PM)69Rixter ...
However, I'm sure I need to get into recovery mode and therein lies the problem. I cannot seem to get into Recovery Mode. If you could help on this problem I'd be grateful, and if not, would you be able to direct me to anyone/anywhere that could? Thanks

you can use adb method
Code:

adb reboot recovery
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-10-2021, 12:15 PM
(11-10-2021, 09:56 PM)69Rixter hovatek admin
  I believe this is what I'd like to install on this phone I have (BLUC5L w/ AND. 8.1Go). However, I'm sure I need to get into recovery mode and therein lies the problem. I cannot seem to get into Recovery Mode. If you could help on this problem I'd be grateful, and if not, would you be able to direct me to anyone/anywhere that could?  Thanks

This method doesn't use recovery mode and that's because you're unlikely to find a stock recovery format firmware. The best you'll find is an OTA.
Do you have the firmware for this model?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
69Rixter
69Rixter
69Rixter
Enthusiastic Member
13-10-2021, 06:29 PM
(13-10-2021, 12:15 PM)hovatek
(11-10-2021, 09:56 PM)69Rixter hovatek admin
  I believe this is what I'd like to install on this phone I have (BLUC5L w/ AND. 8.1Go). However, I'm sure I need to get into recovery mode and therein lies the problem. I cannot seem to get into Recovery Mode. If you could help on this problem I'd be grateful, and if not, would you be able to direct me to anyone/anywhere that could?  Thanks

This method doesn't use recovery mode and that's because you're unlikely to find a stock recovery format firmware. The best you'll find is an OTA.
Do you have the firmware for this model?
69Rixter
69Rixter
69Rixter
Enthusiastic Member
13-10-2021, 06:43 PM

RE: hovatek admin.

"Do you have the firmware for this model?". This is the firmware that's is on the phone at present: Android version: 8.1.0; Build # OPM2.171019.012; Custom build version; BLU_00050_V8 1.g.04.32_GENERIC 27-07-202115:31. To answer your question; NO. I believe I'll want a 'stock" O.S. that is void of manufacturer bloatware and anything Google.... if possible. Side note: could a failing battery cause the problems this phones been experiencing?

THANKS
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-10-2021, 12:28 PM
(13-10-2021, 06:43 PM)69Rixter RE: hovatek admin.

"Do you have the firmware for this model?". This is the firmware that's is on the phone at present: Android version: 8.1.0; Build # OPM2.171019.012; Custom build version; BLU_00050_V8 1.g.04.32_GENERIC 27-07-202115:31. To answer your question; NO. I believe I'll want a 'stock" O.S. that is void of manufacturer bloatware and anything Google.... if possible. Side note: could a failing battery cause the problems this phones been experiencing?

THANKS

i think you might have misunderstood our post (i.e the one you quoted in your OP), by "stock" we mean firmware from the manufacturer
if you're looking to remove bloatwares then you can either do so temporarily using adb OR root your device then remove them permanently using link2sd or similar apps OR flash a GSI rom e.g aosp (which should come without manufacturers bloatwares)
if you're looking to fix your device that got bricked then flash back stock firmware
69Rixter
69Rixter
69Rixter
Enthusiastic Member
18-10-2021, 08:04 PM
(14-10-2021, 12:28 PM)X3non
(13-10-2021, 06:43 PM)69Rixter RE: hovatek admin.

THANKS

i think you might have misunderstood our post (i.e the one you quoted in your OP), by "stock" we mean firmware from the manufacturer
if you're looking to remove bloatwares then you can either do so temporarily using adb OR root your device then remove them permanently using link2sd or similar apps OR flash a GSI rom e.g aosp (which should come without manufacturers bloatwares)
if you're looking to fix your device that got bricked then flash back stock firmware
69Rixter
69Rixter
69Rixter
Enthusiastic Member
18-10-2021, 08:15 PM
Did I misunderstand? OK, here's what I've found; BLU C5 stock or BLU C5 LTE stock. [www.blucellphones.us/download-blu-stock-rom/].
I tihnk(?) I'll need the BLU C5 LTE stock for this phone employs LTE. Now, if anyone could direct me to a ROM that is *"strictly" stock and is compatable with this phone, OK. (*strictly; meaning no bloatware what-so-ever...just android). Reason I'm not rooting phone at this time; haven't been able to enter recovery mode. There are many reasons I feel the current 8.1.0 O.S. is corrupted. Hoping re-flashing will put this phone back to it's original operating procedures. Have I "missed" something?

THANKS
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-10-2021, 11:28 AM
(18-10-2021, 08:15 PM)69Rixter Did I misunderstand? OK, here's what I've found; BLU C5 stock or BLU C5 LTE stock. [www.blucellphones.us/download-blu-stock-rom/].
I tihnk(?) I'll need the BLU C5 LTE stock for this phone employs LTE. Now, if anyone could direct me to a ROM that is *"strictly" stock and is compatable with this phone, OK. (*strictly; meaning no bloatware what-so-ever...just android). Reason I'm not rooting phone at this time; haven't been able to enter recovery mode. There are many reasons I feel the current 8.1.0 O.S. is corrupted. Hoping re-flashing will put this phone back to it's original operating procedures. Have I "missed" something?

THANKS

You won't find stock rom without bloatware. What you're looking if is probably AOSP or other custom roms and those require bootloader unlock at least

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-10-2021, 11:57 AM

(18-10-2021, 08:15 PM)69Rixter Did I misunderstand? OK, here's what I've found; BLU C5 stock or BLU C5 LTE stock. [www.blucellphones.us/download-blu-stock-rom/].

THANKS

i already mentioned previously that no firmware from the oem is "strictly stock" as you put i.e without bloatwares
also, you don't need recovery mode to root. you only need boot.img and an unlocked bootloader
if you feel the OS is faulty then search for and download stock firmware and flash your device
ensure to at least take a firmware backup of your current OS before flashing

P.S : when looking for firmware, you should search for your exact model i.e c5l because it's a differerent device from c5 or c5 lte
This post was last modified: 20-10-2021, 12:07 PM by X3non.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next