Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android ALPS i12 MAX clone
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

ALPS i12 MAX clone

ALPS i12 MAX clone

mornebuzz
mornebuzz
mornebuzz
11-10-2021, 11:22 AM

Cool looking new site. It'll take a while to find things again. Not sure I'm posting in the right place though.

I ordered what I assume is an iPhone clone, the i12 Max from Aliexpress. 6GB ram, 128Gb storage, Android 10 etc etc. Turns out to be an ALPS i12, W116 , MT6572, Android 4.4.2 based device not even able to run some current Play store apps. I foolishly tried another ROM with similar specs without doing a backup of the original ROM and failed well and truly. Somehow there doesnt seem to be replacement roms on the net for the Max, only the Max Pro. Where would I get a rom to fix my stupidity or how would I search for an exact matching alternative, preferably with upgraded Android version. I dont even know what this phone would be a clone of, ie Tecno, Infinix etc. Clearly specs are not what they claim. A device info app only found 512mb ram and I think it was 8GB Rom. Another app was sure it was 128GB Rom though. Thank you for any assistance.
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20211011_121718.jpg
Size: 300.11 KB / Downloads: 7
.jpg
IMG_20211011_121730.jpg
Size: 401.45 KB / Downloads: 6
.jpg
IMG_20211011_121825.jpg
Size: 310.3 KB / Downloads: 5
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-10-2021, 02:04 PM
(11-10-2021, 11:22 AM)mornebuzz Cool looking new site. It'll take a while to find things again. Not sure I'm posting in the right place though.

I ordered what I assume is an iPhone clone, the i12 Max from Aliexpress. 6GB ram, 128Gb storage, Android 10 etc etc. Turns out to be an ALPS i12, W116 , MT6572, Android 4.4.2 based device not even able to run some current Play store apps. I foolishly tried another ROM with similar specs without doing a backup of the original ROM and failed well and truly. Somehow there doesnt seem to be replacement roms on the net for the Max, only the Max Pro. Where would I get a rom to fix my stupidity or how would I search for an exact matching alternative, preferably with upgraded Android version. I dont even know what this phone would be a clone of, ie Tecno, Infinix etc. Clearly specs are not what they claim. A device info app only found 512mb ram and I think it was 8GB Rom. Another app was sure it was 128GB Rom though. Thank you for any assistance.

Forget about getting an update / upgrade. Its down to backing up from another clone of this same model or luckily finding a backup online

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mornebuzz
mornebuzz
mornebuzz
17-10-2021, 12:40 PM
Forget about getting an update / upgrade. Its down to backing up from another clone of this same model or luckily finding a backup online
[/quote]

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I see there have been many post reads. Is there perhaps someone in the group with a similar situation, but fortunately made a ROM backup?

I see many ROMS for the i12 MAX Pro but none for the MAX. Is there a way, a program, that can read the internals so that I know what I'm working with and could look for alternative equivalents? There seem to be various clones based on the same motherboard, perhaps there's another using the same specs. I just need to establish what I'm working with. Is there a way of figuring out what exactly it is a clone of, How would I find the exact memory on the board without heating and desoldering shields etc. I tend to break things more then.

Global Version i12 Max 6.1 Inch 6+128GB 4800mAh Fingerprint ID Andriod Smartphone 16+32MP 10 Core MTK6889 Cell Phone Celular
Attached Files
.jpg
i12MAX.jpg
Size: 163.99 KB / Downloads: 4
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-10-2021, 10:01 AM
(17-10-2021, 12:40 PM)mornebuzz Thank you for the prompt reply.

I see there have been many post reads. Is there perhaps someone in the group with a similar situation, but fortunately made a ROM backup?

I see many ROMS for the i12 MAX Pro but none for the MAX. Is there a way, a program, that can read the internals so that I know what I'm working with and could look for alternative equivalents? There seem to be various clones based on the same motherboard, perhaps there's another using the same specs. I just need to establish what I'm working with. Is there a way of figuring out what exactly it is a clone of, How would I find the exact memory on the board without heating and desoldering shields etc. I tend to break things more then.

Global Version i12 Max 6.1 Inch 6+128GB 4800mAh Fingerprint ID Andriod Smartphone 16+32MP 10 Core MTK6889 Cell Phone Celular

Any software information is likely gone since you flashed another. Its down to finding someone with this same clone or discussions on it. I don't expect much info on the board but no harm in checking.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-10-2021, 10:25 AM

(17-10-2021, 12:40 PM)mornebuzz Thank you for the prompt reply.

if you've overwritten the recovery and system partition (this depends on what you flashed) then you can no long read anything important that'll aid in looking for a matching firmware
you can try searching online using what's labelled on the pcb, see if you find anything otherwise you'll just need to look for a similar phone to backup firmware from (maybe you can contact the vendor? see if he can backup from another of the same device)