Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Teclast M40_EEA v1.00 Full Backup
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Teclast M40_EEA v1.00 Full Backup

[Please help] Teclast M40_EEA v1.00 Full Backup

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
vegeth
vegeth
vegeth
Enthusiastic Member
28-09-2021, 09:03 AM

Hi, I'm trying to do a full backup with the flash dump/backup guide.
Problem, I go into error and on the site they say that the error is resolved with "update the program"... beautiful this. I went from 21 to 24 (the research tool) but nothing has changed. The only thing I can say is that this userdata partition is in 0xFFFFFFFF as size and is the only one to fail.

Also I can not in any way to dump/backup the "u-boot-spl-16k-sign" splloader partition (same error).

Error: decode or verify received buffer error

Since I have root (magisk on boot, no twrp, since therisent), I can't update that crap firmware from 1.00 (reboot randomly) to 1.01 or later via the OTA. With 128gb of personal data that I don't have time to restore individually, I wanted to make a full nand backup so I can restore it if something unexpected happens (a bit like the backup you make with TWRP before updating or changing OS).
But of course nothing ever works for me at first ...
Do you know how to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-09-2021, 08:59 AM
(28-09-2021, 09:03 AM)vegeth Hi, I'm trying to do a full backup with the flash dump/backup guide.
Problem, I go into error and on the site they say that the error is resolved with "update the program"... beautiful this. I went from 21 to 24 (the research tool) but nothing has changed. The only thing I can say is that this userdata partition is in 0xFFFFFFFF as size and is the only one to fail.

Also I can not in any way to dump/backup the "u-boot-spl-16k-sign" splloader partition (same error).

Since I have root (magisk on boot, no twrp, since therisent), I can't update that crap firmware from 1.00 (reboot randomly) to 1.01 or later via the OTA. With 128gb of personal data that I don't have time to restore individually, I wanted to make a full nand backup so I can restore it if something unexpected happens (a bit like the backup you make with TWRP before updating or changing OS).

Thanks in advance.

attach a screenshot showing the error message you received
i hope you are aware that you need to revert back to stock to perform an ota update though
vegeth
vegeth
vegeth
Enthusiastic Member
07-10-2021, 11:41 AM
(29-09-2021, 08:59 AM)X3non
(28-09-2021, 09:03 AM)vegeth Hi, I'm trying to do a full backup with the flash dump/backup guide.

Thanks in advance.

attach a screenshot showing the error message you received
i hope you are aware that you need to revert back to stock to perform an ota update though

I haven't solved it but I have updated the firmware anyway.
No! However, OTA did not start even with the stock. It said something about the RWs of the System partition (like 20 RWs). So I updated everything through the research tool with firmware pack 1.04 (deselecting only the userdata). Actually it has updated the firmware (at least, in the name of the build now comes out v1.04) But HAS NOT SOLVED THE PROBLEM OF FIRMWARE 1.00 (ie that it restarts randomly or specifically, to me, it restarts when I'm on call or when receives).
I doubt that the patch was in the 104kb "UserData.img" inside the v1.04 .pak (officially downloaded from the official teclast site).

I did not take screenshots.

In the end I made a backup of my own with root permissions (yes, I lose the system confs but always better than nothing).
I made a mix of backup apps and manual copies of specific data folders.

https://mega.nz/file/A1lWhaJK#DT0Zj-BNYp...UNbxDL5YnE

Now it no longer gives that error but a generic "operation failed" (see video).

In the following video I put 147,772 in HEX for "UserData" because it takes 2 hours and now I can't keep the phone off for that long.
The problem is that I tried to put the size of the UserData partition according to Android but it gave that error that I wrote in the first post (tonight I try again and see to do some Screen).
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
07-10-2021, 12:57 PM
U have to skip userdata and use spflashtool latest version
vegeth
vegeth
vegeth
Enthusiastic Member
07-10-2021, 01:45 PM

(07-10-2021, 12:57 PM)kelvinchinedu U have to skip userdata

?

But I MUST do a full Nand backup (the classic backup that is done on a TWRP before going to install a new Rom... so USERDATA is MANDATORY not optional).
Otherwise all this would make no sense.

I want a backup that if I take another Teclast M40 EEA and copy this backup on it, it becomes a 1:1 clone (with all the data and apps at the time of backup) and for this I need the partition with the data: Userdata.

I started flash right now with (1BB48FBE00) taken from HW Info on android for UserData size (now I wait to see the result...).

(07-10-2021, 12:57 PM)kelvinchinedu use spflashtool latest version

You always tell me to use the latest version ... since on your thread there is only v.24 (as the last) I would say that it is, inevitably, the latest version.
Furthermore, the guide for making a full backup REQUIRES the use of "Research Tool" (also because the remaining two do not allow you to change the options) and not other software.
Either you explain to me why that and how you use it or not say random names of software and assume that everyone knows what it is and how it works and they trust it.
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
07-10-2021, 02:20 PM
Can u please explain it well ,we don't understand what you are trying to say
vegeth
vegeth
vegeth
Enthusiastic Member
07-10-2021, 05:21 PM
(07-10-2021, 02:20 PM)kelvinchinedu Can u please explain it well ,we don't understand what you are trying to say

If I tell you "Teclast M40" and talk about having used the guide for these devices, there is only one guide. Clearer than that I had to link you the same guide of this forum? Please learn to read the posts well before writing about using MTK CPU tools that HAVE NOTHING TO DO with Unisonic CPU...
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
08-10-2021, 05:39 AM
Buy flagship phone and stop insulting me
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-10-2021, 06:05 AM
(07-10-2021, 11:41 AM)vegeth The problem is that I tried to put the size of the UserData partition according to Android but it gave that error that I wrote in the first post (tonight I try again and see to do some Screen).

..How'd it go?
from your OP, there's a bug that causes your phone to trip off during calls. You also want to backup.
Let me ask, have you decrypted the userdata partition already or its still encrypted?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
vegeth
vegeth
vegeth
Enthusiastic Member
08-10-2021, 07:44 AM

(08-10-2021, 06:05 AM)hovatek
(07-10-2021, 11:41 AM)vegeth The problem is that I tried to put the size of the UserData partition according to Android but it gave that error that I wrote in the first post (tonight I try again and see to do some Screen).

..How'd it go?
from your OP, there's a bug that causes your phone to trip off during calls. You also want to backup.
Let me ask, have you decrypted the userdata partition already or its still encrypted?

After 7 hours it ended successfully (or at least it would seem). Now I have 110gb of userdata backkapped.

Yes, although yesterday I re-downloaded the 1.04_sz from the site and redid the update ... nothing to do. When I woke up this morning it was off again.
The only thing I can 100% confirm is that it goes off every 2/3 of the time I get a call or am on a call. Then sometimes it happens that it turns off suddenly (either because it receives a call or when I'm using the internet ... even if the latter is very rare).

I haven't touched anything (it's still stock android but only with patched vbmeta and boot with magisk 2.3).
In cryptography it says that the tablet is encrypted.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next