Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Tecno Pouvoir 3 Air LC6 Rooting Problem
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno Pouvoir 3 Air LC6 Rooting Problem

Tecno Pouvoir 3 Air LC6 Rooting Problem

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
trimmytech
trimmytech
trimmytech
Enthusiastic Member
22-09-2021, 01:46 PM

Hello Admin and Mods,
I have been trying to root my Tecno LC6 (android 9) device without luck.
I have patched the stock boot.img (for the phone build number) and flash it to the phone using fasboot with no luck , the phonw will just reboot normally and goes to homescreen as if nothing happened. I have also flashed an empty vbmeta , erase userdata with no luck. The will just boot normally. I have the stock recovery.img and stock boot.img .

Please help !!!!!
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
22-09-2021, 02:11 PM
(22-09-2021, 01:46 PM)trimmytech Hello Admin and Mods,
I have patched the stock boot.img (for the phone build number) and flash it to the phone using fasboot with no luck , the phonw will just reboot normally and goes to homescreen as if nothing happened. I have also flashed an empty vbmeta , erase userdata with no luck. The will just boot normally. I have the stock recovery.img and stock boot.img .

Please help !!!!!
after flashing boot. Img and booting to homescreen, did you install magisk.apk to see if you have root access?
trimmytech
trimmytech
trimmytech
Enthusiastic Member
22-09-2021, 02:39 PM
(22-09-2021, 02:11 PM)Abdulakeem14
(22-09-2021, 01:46 PM)trimmytech Hello Admin and Mods,

Please help !!!!!
after flashing boot. Img and booting to homescreen, did you install magisk.apk to see if you have root access?

Yes, i did ... Everything still remain the same ,
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
22-09-2021, 07:45 PM
What u have to do is unlock ur bootloader and install TWRP .from there flash the latest magisk zip through TWRP.
trimmytech
trimmytech
trimmytech
Enthusiastic Member
22-09-2021, 09:43 PM

(22-09-2021, 07:45 PM)kelvinchinedu What u have to do is unlock ur bootloader and install TWRP .from there flash the latest magisk zip through TWRP.

I have unlock the bootloader , i tried flashing the TWRP i got from MTK TWRP porter on hovatek here , the phone will just enter a bootloop untill i flashes the stock recovery again. can you help with a working TWRP please ???

i can upload my stock recovery
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
23-09-2021, 03:18 AM
U have to flash vbmeta before flashing TWRP through sp
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-09-2021, 11:01 AM
(22-09-2021, 02:39 PM)trimmytech Yes, i did ... Everything still remain the same ,

i'd suggest you try booting to magisk recovery and see if you have root ; see the combo @ https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/blob...n-recovery
or you could try patching boot using magisk canary build

(22-09-2021, 09:43 PM)trimmytech I have unlock the bootloader , i tried flashing the TWRP i got from MTK TWRP porter on hovatek here , the phone will just enter a bootloop untill i flashes the stock recovery again. can you help with a working TWRP please ???

did you flash empty vbmeta before twrp? method 3 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32719.html
trimmytech
trimmytech
trimmytech
Enthusiastic Member
24-09-2021, 09:17 AM
(23-09-2021, 11:01 AM)X3non
(22-09-2021, 02:39 PM)trimmytech Yes, i did ... Everything still remain the same ,

i'd suggest you try booting to magisk recovery and see if you have root ; see the combo @ https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/blob...n-recovery
or you could try patching boot using magisk canary build

(22-09-2021, 09:43 PM)trimmytech I have unlock the bootloader , i tried flashing the TWRP i got from MTK TWRP porter on hovatek here , the phone will just enter a bootloop untill i flashes the stock recovery again. can you help with a working TWRP please ???

did you flash empty vbmeta before twrp? method 3 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32719.html

Yes , i did that , the phone still boots up normally
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-09-2021, 08:58 AM
(24-09-2021, 09:17 AM)trimmytech Yes , i did that , the phone still boots up normally

i don't understand what you mean by this, you flashed empty vbmeta and then twrp, what's the outcome of booting to recovery mode?
and did you check my other suggestions?
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
25-09-2021, 11:22 AM

U need to flash vbmeta before flashing TWRP .and u have to boot to TWRP on ur first boot otherwise TWRP will be overwrite by ur stock recovery.pls take note don't power on ur device after flashing,just boot directly to TWRP after flashing.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next