Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Help generating scatter file or ROM backup on rooted Android tablet - MT8163 chipset
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Help generating scatter file or ROM backup on rooted Android tablet - MT8163 chipset

Help generating scatter file or ROM backup on rooted Android tablet - MT8163 chipset

legalpet
legalpet
legalpet
Enthusiastic Member
25-08-2021, 02:12 PM

Awhile ago, before I was able to finally root this tablet, I tried using method #1 here: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12719.html in order to generate a scatter file. I went as far as paying for the services here at Hovatek, and although they were very helpful, we were ultimately unsuccessful.

My goal is to generate a full backup of the ROM, so that I can then install this ROM on other tablets of the same model.

Obviously, I need a scatter file to accomplish this with spflashtools.

I have finally obtained root access on one of the tablets, running Android 8.1

Could someone guide me in how I could generate a scatter file, or just a full backup of the ROM, now that I have root access?

Keep in mind this is a proprietary device with a locked boot-loader. No stock ROM is available, it's built to be secure.
This post was last modified: 25-08-2021, 02:46 PM by legalpet.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-08-2021, 08:21 PM
(25-08-2021, 02:12 PM)legalpet Awhile ago, before I was able to finally root this tablet, I tried using method #1 here: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12719.html in order to generate a scatter file. I went as far as paying for the services here at Hovatek, and although they were very helpful, we were ultimately unsuccessful.

My goal is to generate a full backup of the ROM, so that I can then install this ROM on other tablets of the same model.

Obviously, I need a scatter file to accomplish this with spflashtools.

I have finally obtained root access on one of the tablets, running Android 8.1

Could someone guide me in how I could generate a scatter file, or just a full backup of the ROM, now that I have root access?

Keep in mind this is a proprietary device with a locked boot-loader. No stock ROM is available, it's built to be secure.

on the device with root, you could try dumping firmware using wwr_mtk (adb tab)
This post was last modified: 25-08-2021, 08:22 PM by X3non.
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
24-09-2021, 08:10 PM
Is very simple if u follow the procedure well.