Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android how can I format/flash/reset kgtel 5606 feature phone
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

how can I format/flash/reset kgtel 5606 feature phone

how can I format/flash/reset kgtel 5606 feature phone

Mayheptad
Mayheptad
Mayheptad
Enthusiastic Member
16-08-2021, 07:25 PM

Hello Hovatek, i bought a fairly used Kgtel 5606 from a friend two weeks back. and it's working.
but yesterday, I switched off the phone and removed my Simcard and insert another sim, and switch it back on, and the phone started showing me " illegal use, power off soon". and the phone shut down itself. since then if I remove the sim card, and on the phone, it will work fine, but if I insert sim card and on the phone, it will display the same error message again " illegal use, power off soon" and it will shut down itself.
when I searched the internet, I was told the solution is to restore the factory setting. but if I try to reset factory settings on the phone it will ask me for the password, and I have tried all common 4 digit passwords that do come by default with a featured phone, but none work. and I asked my friend what the password is, he said he has forgotten the password.
please how do I format/flash/reset the phone now ??
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-08-2021, 11:29 AM
(16-08-2021, 07:25 PM)Mayheptad Hello Hovatek, i bought a fairly used Kgtel 5606 from a friend two weeks back. and it's working.
but yesterday, I switched off the phone and removed my Simcard and insert another sim, and switch it back on, and the phone started showing me " illegal use, power off soon". and the phone shut down itself. since then if I remove the sim card, and on the phone, it will work fine, but if I insert sim card and on the phone, it will display the same error message again " illegal use, power off soon" and it will shut down itself.
when I searched the internet, I was told the solution is to restore the factory setting. but if I try to reset factory settings on the phone it will ask me for the password, and I have tried all common 4 digit passwords that do come by default with a featured phone, but none work. and I asked my friend what the password is, he said he has forgotten the password.
please how do I format/flash/reset the phone now ??

Do you have the firmware for this model?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Mayheptad
Mayheptad
Mayheptad
Enthusiastic Member
17-08-2021, 11:47 AM
No, i did not have the firmware, but maybe i can get from any of this hovatek like forum or blog
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
17-08-2021, 05:29 PM
(17-08-2021, 11:47 AM)Mayheptad No, i did not have the firmware, but maybe i can get from any of this hovatek like forum or blog

what is the chipset of the phone? rda or spd
Mayheptad
Mayheptad
Mayheptad
Enthusiastic Member
17-08-2021, 06:43 PM

(17-08-2021, 05:29 PM)freshtyt
(17-08-2021, 11:47 AM)Mayheptad No, i did not have the firmware, but maybe i can get from any of this hovatek like forum or blog

what is the chipset of the phone? RDA or spd

I don't know what you mean by chipset, please how can I know what the chipset is ??
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-08-2021, 09:40 AM
(17-08-2021, 06:43 PM)Mayheptad I don't know what you mean by chipset, please how can I know what the chipset is ??

launch device manager on your pc
connect the phone to the pc while switched off then check what the phone gets detected as in device manager
Mayheptad
Mayheptad
Mayheptad
Enthusiastic Member
18-08-2021, 02:52 PM
(18-08-2021, 09:40 AM)X3non
(17-08-2021, 06:43 PM)Mayheptad I don't know what you mean by chipset, please how can I know what the chipset is ??

launch device manager on your pc
connect the phone to the pc while switched off then check what the phone gets detected as in device manager

I did exactly as you said, and I attached the screenshot I took from the device manager when the phone is plugged in, to this reply, I really do not know under which tab am to check for the kgtel device
Attached Files
.png
kgtel attahed device manager.png
Size: 52.51 KB / Downloads: 5
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-08-2021, 11:11 AM
(18-08-2021, 02:52 PM)Mayheptad I did exactly as you said, and I attached the screenshot I took from the device manager when the phone is plugged in, to this reply, I really do not know under which tab am to check for the kgtel device

clearly not an mtk device, you'll need to find out the right boot key
do this by testing all keys one after the other, i.e connect the phone to the PC while holding the boot key
holding the right boot key before connecting the phone will get the device to be detected