Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android So Flashtool format fail error 4010
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

So Flashtool format fail error 4010

So Flashtool format fail error 4010

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Ouru
Ouru
Ouru
09-08-2021, 04:07 PM

I have a Techno SA1S PRO that was stuck at android robot factory setting process. I tried flashing using the firmware downloaded from here but asked for 'Format All + Dawnload' mode that PMT changed for the ROM; it mist be downloaded. In the 'Format + Download' mode after DA runs, it stops at format 0%
for a while then pops up the 'Error: S_FT_FORMAT_FAIL(4010), format flash error! Possibly given a wrong format range, please check your format range setting.'
I have tried the same procedure using Miracle thunder, EFT tool and tecno after sale tool but the error settles on 'Format fail'. I have also gone through all the errors brought up by So flashtool but found that the 'Error: S_FORMAT FAIL(4010) is not captured. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-08-2021, 05:04 PM
(09-08-2021, 04:07 PM)Ouru I have a Techno SA1S PRO that was stuck at android robot factory setting process. I tried flashing using the firmware downloaded from here but asked for 'Format All + Dawnload' mode that PMT changed for the ROM; it mist be downloaded. In the 'Format + Download' mode after DA runs, it stops at format 0%
for a while then pops up the 'Error: S_FT_FORMAT_FAIL(4010), format flash error! Possibly given a wrong format range, please check your format range setting.'
I have tried the same procedure using Miracle thunder, EFT tool and tecno after sale tool but the error settles on 'Format fail'. I have also gone through all the errors brought up by So flashtool but found that the 'Error: S_FORMAT FAIL(4010) is not captured. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Search https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html for 4010
Have you been able to backup the firmware? If not, do that first

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ouru
Ouru
Ouru
12-08-2021, 07:37 PM
Thanks alot for your time. I have tried flashing using two firmwares downloaded, one signed while the other not. I have also used a dumped firmware from a similar Tecno SA1S pro but that didn't work either. I have used SP Flashtool version 5.2104 as latest version 6.2124 is for .xml. Remember i the same firmwares I have used to flash other similar models. After reading a bit, I realise that SP flashtool v3 can be used to force format bad blocks assuming they are the ones causing 'Format fail error'. Unfortunately the MT6580 scatter file loading on the SP flash tool v3 causes another error "....something ....illegal scatter"
Please help me go through this format error please. Thank you.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-08-2021, 10:08 AM
(12-08-2021, 07:37 PM)Ouru Thanks alot for your time. I have tried flashing using two firmwares downloaded, one signed while the other not. I have also used a dumped firmware from a similar Tecno SA1S pro but that didn't work either. I have used SP Flashtool version 5.2104 as latest version  6.2124 is for .xml. Remember i the same firmwares I have used to flash other similar models. After reading a bit, I realise that SP flashtool v3 can be used to force format bad blocks assuming they are the ones causing 'Format fail error'. Unfortunately the MT6580 scatter file loading on the SP flash tool v3 causes another error "....something ....illegal scatter"
Please help me go through this format error please. Thank you.

Don't attempt to format anymore, you might wish it didn't go through when you finally succeed.
Try dump the firmware using wwr 2.51
This post was last modified: 13-08-2021, 10:09 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ouru
Ouru
Ouru
14-08-2021, 03:29 PM

I appreciate your reply but the firmware dump I have was got from using War 2.51+ SPflash tool. Still it didn't work.
I wish the process didn't go this way but when attempting Download only option, it prompts for Format all+ Download option which fails immediately after DA file runs on SPflash tool.
This post was last modified: 14-08-2021, 03:35 PM by Ouru.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-08-2021, 09:03 AM
(14-08-2021, 03:29 PM)Ouru I appreciate your reply but the firmware dump I have was got from using War 2.51+ SPflash tool. Still it didn't work.
I wish the process didn't go this way but when attempting Download only option, it prompts for Format all+ Download option which fails immediately after DA file runs on SPflash tool.

Share a screenshot of the contents of the dump

Note!
Ouru
Ouru
Ouru
16-08-2021, 08:12 AM
Here is the Tecno SA1S PRO dump using Wwr v2.51+ SP flash tool. Generated checksum files to try flashing using SPMD tool which too failed.
This post was last modified: 16-08-2021, 08:13 AM by Ouru. Edit Reason: Spelling error.
Attached Files
.png
TECNO SA1S PRO ROM DUMP .png
Size: 54.42 KB / Downloads: 5
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-08-2021, 09:03 AM
(16-08-2021, 08:12 AM)Ouru Here is the Tecno SA1S PRO dump using Wwr v2.51+ SP flash tool.  Generated checksum files to try flashing using SPMD tool which too failed.

Are you able to flash only preloader at least?

Note!
Ouru
Ouru
Ouru
17-08-2021, 02:48 PM
Yes, I tried flashing one item at a time but was only able to flash the preloader.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-08-2021, 05:56 PM

(17-08-2021, 02:48 PM)Ouru Yes, I tried flashing one item at a time but was only able to flash the preloader.

test the emmc of this device
manual format (emmc_boot1) using SPft > readback from emmc_boot1 > open the readback file using hex editor
if the content isn't all 00s then the emmc of the device is faulty
Pages (2): 1 2 Next