Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android SOFT BRICKED HUAWEI ASCEND Y530
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

SOFT BRICKED HUAWEI ASCEND Y530

SOFT BRICKED HUAWEI ASCEND Y530

calvinkegham
calvinkegham
calvinkegham
03-08-2021, 01:28 AM

hello guys, pleas i need your help , i have a huawei that is soft bricked and has twrp recovery installed which i can access but when i try to format the user data and cache from twrp it does nothing.the size of the user data and cache partition stays the same no matter how many times i try to format it. i have also tried flashing it using an sd card but then when i try to enter download mode it gives me an error saying "UPDATE EXCEPTION
EMMC IS READONLY". pleas i need your help. thanks
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-08-2021, 12:35 PM
(03-08-2021, 01:28 AM)calvinkegham hello guys, pleas i need your help , i have a huawei that is soft bricked and has twrp recovery installed which i can access but when i try to format the user data and cache from twrp it does nothing.the size of the user data and cache partition stays the same no matter how many times i try to format it. i have also tried flashing it using an sd card but then when i try to enter download mode it gives me an error saying "UPDATE EXCEPTION
EMMC IS READONLY". pleas i need your help. thanks

use an emmc box tool e.g ufi box, easy jtag, etc to remove permanent write protection
if it doesn't work then replace the emmc chip
calvinkegham
calvinkegham
calvinkegham
06-08-2021, 11:37 AM
thanks for the quick reply.let me try using those tools and see if that works
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-08-2021, 03:12 PM
(06-08-2021, 11:37 AM)calvinkegham thanks for the quick reply.let me try using those tools and see if that works

you should know that the above mentioned tools all require a hardware box / dongle
calvinkegham
calvinkegham
calvinkegham
07-08-2021, 06:36 PM

then thats means i will just have to dumb the phone somewhere , because i dont have access to a hardware box that i can use. is there no way that i can use the tools without the hardware box