Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Umax VisionBook P50 LTE - Unable to flash stock firmware
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Umax VisionBook P50 LTE - Unable to flash stock firmware

Umax VisionBook P50 LTE - Unable to flash stock firmware

oukitel654
oukitel654
oukitel654
01-08-2021, 07:57 PM

Hello all good souls over here.
Could you please help me out with the situation that happend when I tried to flash to Android 7 from 6 that was the stock ROM.
UMAX VisionBook P50 LTE is the same as Oukitel C5 Pro
(Mediatek MT6737M, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory)

What is the current behavior:
When the phone is connected (with the battery inside) to the computer it still connecting and disconnecting (appearing in device manager as Mediatek USB Port) if I click Download button it starts doing "something" instantly which stops at Download DA 100% and after the while ERROR: S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032) pop up windows shows up.
The same error happens if I try to format it and all other combinations in Download tab (Firmware upgrade, Format All + Download)
If I plug in the phone to the computer while pressing Volume - button phone will not show up in the Device manager instantly but after about 20 seconds.

(Just to note - When the phone was working OK, I started flashing instantly when I plug the phone into the computer while pressing the Volume - button
So that kind of leads me that if nothing will show up in Device manager when I plug the phone to the computer while pressing Volume - button, then there might be the issue with the phone not switching into META mode? Not sure, just what I have read. But I cannot move any forward at this point.)

What I have tried:
- various SP Flash Tools 5.xxxx (and 3.xxxx too, but version 3 does not accept scatter file at all)
- USBDeview and removing all related USB devices from Windows and re-install them back again.
- Various VCOM drivers I have found on the Internet
- Flashing with SP Flash Tools on Linux (ends up with the exact same result - 4032)
- I tried shorting test point to ground on the phone main board. (The result was the same like when I plug the phone in while holding the Volume - button - Phone would not show up in Device manager for about 20 seconds)
- Tried flashing with the battery inside and outside the phone. (When the battery is outside flashing would not start, but the error about incorrect chip type will show up)
- Correct stock ROM and Oukitel stock ROM (both Android 6 and both I was able to flash correctly and was able to boot them, until I tried Android 7 ROM)
- Read many articles about this error all over the Internet

How it happened:
I tried to flash Oukitel Andorid 7 stock ROM.
And from now on I am not sure if I remember correctly
When I loaded in scatter file, SP Flash Tool said something about something .... and recommended to do "Format all + Download" and I have done so.
Clicked on the Download button, flashing started instntly when I connected the phone while holding Volume - button.
Flashing stopped in maybe one second with the error which I do not remember as I closed the error window way too quickly. :-(

Do any of you think there is a change to bring the phone back to live? Or do you know what actually might happen to the phone? It does not seems to be completele bricked, but I cannot say in what state the phone is.

Thank you very much for your help and have a nice day.
This post was last modified: 01-08-2021, 08:07 PM by oukitel654.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-08-2021, 01:54 PM
(01-08-2021, 07:57 PM)oukitel654 ...

why don't you simply flash back the android 6 stock rom?
oukitel654
oukitel654
oukitel654
02-08-2021, 06:16 PM
Hi X3non,
I tried the stock one with the same result - Error 4032. I was able to flash stock ROM before with not problems, but now no luck at all.
(Before I was trying to root the phone, and I ended up in the boot loop few times, thats why I tried this stock ROM before and was working fine)
That's why I tried to uninstall all these Mediatek drivers and also to flash it from Linux. All ends up with the same error.

I really do not know at what stat the phone is. According to some articles it seems that the preloader should be correct as it kind of starts flashing, but ends up shortly after start with that error.

But I actually noticed, that the preloader file in the Android 7 ROM that broke the phone has a different name and size :-( So if the preloader is the issue is there a way how to flash is somehow?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-08-2021, 10:17 AM
(02-08-2021, 06:16 PM)oukitel654 Hi X3non,
I tried the stock one with the same result - Error 4032. I was able to flash stock ROM before with not problems, but now no luck at all.
(Before I was trying to root the phone, and I ended up in the boot loop few times, thats why I tried this stock ROM before and was working fine)
That's why I tried to uninstall all these Mediatek drivers and also to flash it from Linux. All ends up with the same error.

I really do not know at what stat the phone is. According to some articles it seems that the preloader should be correct as it kind of starts flashing, but ends up shortly after start with that error.

But I actually noticed, that the preloader file in the Android 7 ROM that broke the phone has a different name and size :-( So if the preloader is the issue is there a way how to flash is somehow?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

using the Android 6 rom and SPft, format all + download then post the result
if there's an error then be sure to attach a full screenshot of SPft & the error message