Hovatek Forum HARDWARE SIM / Network unlock Change IMEI on e8372h-510
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Change IMEI on e8372h-510

Change IMEI on e8372h-510

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
justscribner
justscribner
justscribner
Enthusiastic Member
29-07-2021, 10:11 PM

Hello!

I am trying to change the IMEI on my device so that I can use text functions on the device. I have tried everything I can find in this forum and lots of others. I bought this device unlocked and can register any sim I want to in them as long as there is a signal on one of the frequencies supported by the device.

So that I give a complete picture of what I have going on and what Ive tried Ill include the links and commands below as well.

The Device Info Right Now:
Device name: E8372
IMEI:XXXXXXXXXXXXX
IMSI:XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Hardware version: CL1E8372HM
Software version: 21.316.01.00.1300
Web UI version: 17.100.14.00.1300

I am able to get DC-Unlocker to work and I can send a few AT commands to the device successfully using DC or AT Command Tester. I cannot telnet in nor ssh in as it doesnt seem like there are servers running for them on the device and just errors out when I try whether using putty or bash or Windows built in telnet program.

Anytime I try to change the IMEI using the AT commands I have found in various tutorials I just get an immediate error. However I know that its communicating because some commands do work.

I have tried to install different firmware as well thinking that maybe the currently installed firmware is the reason I cannot make the change but get "Error code 19 Download Failed" when its in the Downloading Programs phase. I have tried multiple different firmware/UI update files.

I am able to run AT^godload and the light flashes rapidly afterwards. I tried to install the new firmware while in this state but it didnt even start running the update program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Stuff Ive tried:
Ive watched a bunch of videos by Salluhassan and others on Youtube and it looks easy when they do any of this but obviously it is a very specific thing.

AT^DATALOCK="12345678" -> Command Error

AT^PHYNUM=IMEI,[_NEW_IMEI_HERE_] -> Command Error
AT^CIMEI="[_NEW_IMEI_HERE_]" -> Command Error
AT^INFORBU -> This one and the next command give OK return but not the above commands involving IMEI change
AT^RESET -> See ^

AT^godload -> Gives OK response and device starts blinking rapidly.

AT^NVRDEX=50503,0,128 -> Supposed to give oem code but it just errors. Have tried 50502 as well.

I plan on making a how to when we get this figured out for any others out there struggling with the same issues.

Thank you in advance for all of your help!!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-07-2021, 12:50 PM
(29-07-2021, 10:11 PM)justscribner Hello!
I am trying to change the IMEI on my device so that I can use text functions on the device. I have tried everything I can find in this forum and lots of others. I bought this device unlocked and can register any sim I want to in them as long as there is a signal on one of the frequencies supported by the device.

to run AT commands freely, you either need to get the right datalock or flash a modified firmware with ADB & telnet enabled
did you try AT^DATALOCK="00000000" ?

you could try flashing a general firmware too and see if that helps, you'll need to first flash preferably usblsafe or usbloader (not preferred) before attempting to flash the firmware.
usblsafe @ https://www.mediafire.com/file/9cx7k95a4...h.rar/file
e8372h-510 firmwares @ https://3ginfo.ru/download89.html

note : flashing firmwares is risky business
BTW how did you unlock the device?
This post was last modified: 30-07-2021, 12:51 PM by X3non.
justscribner
justscribner
justscribner
Enthusiastic Member
02-08-2021, 11:41 PM
(30-07-2021, 12:50 PM)X3non

to run AT commands freely, you either need to get the right datalock or flash a modified firmware with ADB & telnet enabled

you could try flashing a general firmware too and see if that helps, you'll need to first flash preferably usblsafe or usbloader (not preferred) before attempting to flash the firmware.

Thanks for your help X3non!! I am very grateful for it and you taking the time to respond.

"to run AT commands freely, you either need to get the right datalock or flash a modified firmware with ADB & telnet enabled
did you try AT^DATALOCK="00000000" ?" - What do you mean by "The right datalock"?

I didnt try that command (AT^DATALOCK="00000000") but I will try it right now and let you know how it goes.

So if I am understanding you correctly.... In theory, If I am able to flash a general firmware using the usblsafe(Unsure what this is doing but Ill look into it more) first then one of the provided firmwares you shared then I should be able to change the imei using one of the methods I already tried prior?

"
note : flashing firmwares is risky business" - I have a couple hundred of the modems so I am ok burning a couple if I have to as long as it gets me to the end goal of changing the imei to a phone imei to fool the network into allowing me to use phone and text features.

"BTW how did you unlock the device?" - I bought the devices unlocked but I have been able to unlock prior using DC-Unlocker and also using AT commands alone. But pretty much all of them are unlocked by my source prior to shipping to me.
justscribner
justscribner
justscribner
Enthusiastic Member
02-08-2021, 11:43 PM

P.S. I am willing to pay foir the premium support/your time to help me out for sure since its such a time sensitive thing. Would you recommend that?
justscribner
justscribner
justscribner
Enthusiastic Member
03-08-2021, 02:11 AM

(02-08-2021, 11:43 PM)justscribner

P.S. I am willing to pay foir the premium support/your time to help me out for sure since its such a time sensitive thing. Would you recommend that?

I tried to install the firmware found in the links you provided but am still getting Error 19, Downloading Failed.

I tried the AT^DATALOCK="00000000" and got ERROR again as well.
justscribner
justscribner
justscribner
Enthusiastic Member
03-08-2021, 02:24 AM
(03-08-2021, 02:11 AM)justscribner
(02-08-2021, 11:43 PM)justscribner

I tried to install the firmware found in the links you provided but am still getting Error 19, Downloading Failed.

Attached Files
.jpg
Error_19_Download_Failed.JPG
Size: 46.7 KB / Downloads: 3
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-08-2021, 12:38 PM
(03-08-2021, 02:24 AM)justscribner I tried to install the firmware found in the links you provided but am still getting Error 19, Downloading Failed.

did you flash usblsafe using balong first? i mentioned that you need to flash that first before attempting to flash any firmware
justscribner
justscribner
justscribner
Enthusiastic Member
03-08-2021, 07:51 PM
(03-08-2021, 12:38 PM)X3non
(03-08-2021, 02:24 AM)justscribner I tried to install the firmware found in the links you provided but am still getting Error 19, Downloading Failed.

did you flash usblsafe using balong first? i mentioned that you need to flash that first before attempting to flash any firmware

I tried but its hard for me to tell if it worked. I have tried using the Balong USB Downloader 1.0.1.10 app. Is this the correct app to be using?

I am used to working with linux machines but have been trying a lot of this in windows as that is what all these programs seem to be made for. Is there a way to use linux to accomplish this? It seems weird to me that everyone uses Windows for all of this when things are so convoluted with this OS.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-08-2021, 01:40 PM
(03-08-2021, 07:51 PM)justscribner I tried but its hard for me to tell if it worked. I have tried using the Balong USB Downloader 1.0.1.10 app. Is this the correct app to be using?

Yes, thats the right software
i presume that you used the needle (boot shot) method to get a detection in balong downloader, when you flash with balong if the progress bar goes from 0 to 100 in a second then flashing was not successful, if the progress bar goes gradually to 100% and afterwards, you get FC serial ports in device manager then flashing with balong is successful, when you have the FC serial ports available then you can proceed with flashing a firmware

(03-08-2021, 07:51 PM)justscribner I am used to working with linux machines but have been trying a lot of this in windows as that is what all these programs seem to be made for. Is there a way to use linux to accomplish this? It seems weird to me that everyone uses Windows for all of this when things are so convoluted with this OS.

Not that i'm aware off any linux ultility for this
justscribner
justscribner
justscribner
Enthusiastic Member
04-08-2021, 05:03 PM

(04-08-2021, 01:40 PM)X3non
(03-08-2021, 07:51 PM)justscribner I tried but its hard for me to tell if it worked. I have tried using the Balong USB Downloader 1.0.1.10 app. Is this the correct app to be using?

Yes, thats the right software
i presume that you used the needle (boot shot) method to get a detection in balong downloader, when you flash with balong if the progress bar goes from 0 to 100 in a second then flashing was not successful, if the progress bar goes gradually to 100% and afterwards, you get FC serial ports in device manager then flashing with balong is successful, when you have the FC serial ports available then you can proceed with flashing a firmware

(03-08-2021, 07:51 PM)justscribner I am used to working with linux machines but have been trying a lot of this in windows as that is what all these programs seem to be made for. Is there a way to use linux to accomplish this? It seems weird to me that everyone uses Windows for all of this when things are so convoluted with this OS.

Not that i'm aware off any linux ultility for this

Ok awesome! Well that means that I am able to get the balong usb flashed because the FC serial ports are available afterwards. The firmware updates wont run though afterwards as I keep getting error 12 saying that they cant find the ports. I am looking for some other firmware files now to try. Any ideas on this port issue? I have installed the FC serial driver and the data card driver in Windows and the ports are there when I look in Device Manager so it doesnt make sense really.

Thank you so much for helping me get closer to getting this done!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next