Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Alcatel 1S (2020) 5028D boot loop, can't enter recovery/fastboot
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Alcatel 1S (2020) 5028D boot loop, can't enter recovery/fastboot

Alcatel 1S (2020) 5028D boot loop, can't enter recovery/fastboot

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next
cmrak
cmrak
cmrak
29-07-2021, 12:00 PM

Hello everyone,

I recently got an Alcatel 1S 5028D and I tried to install a GSI rom on it. The ROM worked fine but my IMEI/baseband was wiped and I had no SIM card connectivity, when I tried to fix that I stupidly flashed the wrong vbmeta file which is now causing an infinite boot loop and it won't even enter recovery or fastboot.

Looking for solutions I found this forum and the SP flash tool which should work with my phone (Mediatek MT6762D Helio P22) and I wanted to use the tool to flash the blank vbmeta file and go on from there, however the tool always returns the same error: "STATUS BROM CMD START FAIL" which means I need a custom DA/auth file.

Is anyone so kind to help me out a bit and provide the correct files for my phone?

Thank you very much in advance and all the best!
cmrak
cmrak
cmrak
29-07-2021, 01:25 PM
Hello everyone,

I recently got an Alcatel 1S 5028D and I tried to install a GSI rom on it. The ROM worked fine but my IMEI/baseband was wiped and I had no SIM card connectivity, when I tried to fix that I stupidly flashed the wrong vbmeta file which is now causing an infinite boot loop and it won't even enter recovery or fastboot.

Looking for solutions I found this forum and the SP flash tool which should work with my phone (Mediatek MT6762D Helio P22) and I wanted to use the tool to flash the blank vbmeta file and go on from there, however the tool always returns the same error: "STATUS BROM CMD START FAIL" which means I need a custom DA/auth file.

Is anyone so kind to help me out a bit and provide the correct files for my phone?

P.S. I also posted this thread in quick questions sections, but I'm unsure if that's the right place so I'm also posting here, hope that's okay.
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
30-07-2021, 11:05 AM
(29-07-2021, 12:00 PM)cmrak Hello everyone,

You can bypass the need for da with the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37957.html
cmrak
cmrak
cmrak
30-07-2021, 11:30 AM
Thanks for your answer, however I don't think my chipset is supported by the bypass (Mediatek MT6762).

I gave it a try anyway, it detected the port but it hangs at that point and goes no further... any other ideas?

I attached the CMD image below.
Attached Files
.png
bypass.png
Size: 4.74 KB / Downloads: 7
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-07-2021, 11:41 AM

(29-07-2021, 12:00 PM)cmrak ...

retry again, if it still persists then uninstall python and everything related then try again from the beginning
This post was last modified: 30-07-2021, 11:42 AM by X3non.
cmrak
cmrak
cmrak
30-07-2021, 11:44 AM
I ran it using PowerShell and got a different result, still an error though.

Screenshot attached.

Thank you very much for the fast replies!

edit: I googled the error a bit and it seems to be related to the usb libraries, I tried reinstalling the usb filter multiple times + restarting my laptop but it didn't help.
This post was last modified: 30-07-2021, 12:20 PM by cmrak.
Attached Files
.png
bypass1.png
Size: 44.48 KB / Downloads: 5
cmrak
cmrak
cmrak
30-07-2021, 01:44 PM
Update: I copied the DLL to the directories it said in the error and I successfully disabled the protection!

However, after trying to flash the VBMETA file I get the following error: ERROR: STATUS_PRELOADER_INVALID 0xC0030004

Do you think this is caused by the wrong scatter file or should I find a preloader and flash it as well?

Thanks again
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-07-2021, 11:27 AM
(30-07-2021, 01:44 PM)cmrak Update: I copied the DLL to the directories it said in the error and I successfully disabled the protection!

However, after trying to flash the VBMETA file I get the following error: ERROR: STATUS_PRELOADER_INVALID 0xC0030004

Do you think this is caused by the wrong scatter file or should I find a preloader and flash it as well?

Thanks again

you need to include preloader when flashing
cmrak
cmrak
cmrak
01-08-2021, 12:22 PM
Thank you for all your help.

However, I can't seem to find the matching preloader/scatter file for my model of the phone.

Would you be so kind to tell me where I can download the matching firmware for my device?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-08-2021, 02:26 PM

(01-08-2021, 12:22 PM)cmrak Thank you for all your help.

However, I can't seem to find the matching preloader/scatter file for my model of the phone.

Would you be so kind to tell me where I can download the matching firmware for my device?

you could try using alcatel mobile upgrade S tool; if it can detect your device then maybe it could download stock firmware from where you can grab preloader
OR you can try doing a backup using a hardware dongle tool e.g cm2 dongle, at least they don't require preloader in order for their backup feature to work
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next